"There's no fat on that," said Ling. "That's my man."
Ling explained that she began to idolize Lee when she was growing up as one of the only Asian kids in her community. Struggling to deal with schoolmates making fun of her on the playground because of her ethnicity, Lee's image as a strong, Asian, "butt-kicking man" gave her the strength to get through some tough times.
Very few shows have featured New Orleans as its setting, and it's not hard to see why. The list is a mix of critically acclaimed but quickly canceled shows, and critically disemboweled and canceled-just-as-quickly shows.
'Treme,' HBO's new drama from 'The Wire' creator David Simon and 'Wire' writer/producer Eric Overmyer, could break the mold that so many others have tried to crack. Judging from the first episode, their chances are looking good. If 'Treme' goes on to achieve the fame that 'The Wire' has, it won't just have its staff, creators, or even the city to thank for providing such beautiful inspiration.
It will have these other shows to thank for choking on that overcooked beignet for them.
Is this a good or a bad thing? Cage can be uniquely awesome in some roles but alienating in other roles.
|Yes, he'll be great!||100 (28.4%)|
|No, he'll ruin it!||173 (49.1%)|
|What the heck is The Green Hornet?||79 (22.4%)|
A big screen movie has been talked about for years. At one point, George Clooney was talked about for the role of Britt Reid/The Green Hornet. All of those productions never got past the talking stage, but when Seth Rogen became popular and he and Evan Goldberg got involved, Sony put the movie into gear. But now rumors are swirling that they might not want it after all. They need a new director (Stephen Chow left last month), and several sources say that Sony isn't high on the film anymore. The film is still slated for a June, 2010 release date.
It would be unfortunate if Rogen lost all of that weight for nothing. But I guess there's the whole "healthy" aspect.
- 1:00 p.m.: Game of Death
- 3:00 p.m.: Fist of Fury
- 8:00 p.m.: Enter the Dragon
- 10:30 p.m.: Dragon: the Bruce Lee Story
Enter the Dragon will be presented by Lee's daughter, Shannon Lee, who will share anecdotes about her father and some behind-the-scenes footage. Also, both the GameTrailers and Spike TV sites will feature digital content to coincide with "Bruce Lee Day."
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Suburgatory': Cheryl Hines' Dallas gets a make-under in 'I'm Just Not That Into Me'
- MTV's 'The Challenge' Season 25 will be 'The Challenge: Free Agents': Who's competing?
- 'Check It Out! with Dr. Steve Brule': Tim and Eric's Married News Team returns in 'Home' clip
- 'Veronica Mars': Revisiting the Season 3 finale and Veronica's downfall
- 'Bates Motel' Season 2, episode 3: Norma finds an ally in 'Caleb'
- More From Zap2it
- The Originals Sneak Peek: Elijah Dances with Hayley and Klaus Gets Flirty… With Genevieve?!
- TVLine Items: Law & Order: SVU Villain Returns, Keke Palmer Joins Masters of Sex and More
- Exclusive Vikings Sneak Peek: Lagertha's New Husband May Be an Earl, But He's No Prince
- Exclusive Teen Wolf Sneak Peek: 'Stiles is Dying'
- Mad Men Season 7 First Look Photos: Are Don and Peggy About to Take Off?
- More From TVLine