Welcome to TV Squad Lists, a feature where each blogger has a chance to list his or her own rundown of things in television that stand out from the rest, both good and bad.
Ever since the early days, pets have been a staple of many TV shows. Whether they are the star of the show like Cleo from The Peoples Choice or unforgettable supporting pets like Eddie from Frasier, these pets are often the best remembered part of any TV show.
Here is my own personal list of favorite pets. Before you start, I excluded Arnold Ziffel because the Ziffel family insisted he was their son not a pet. Feel free to add your own favorites.
1.Rowdy the stuffed dog (Scrubs)
I admit that having a stuffed dog for a pet is a bit unusual but when you think about it, it's a brilliant idea. He never has to be walked, fed or taken to the vet and he'll never run away. Seeing the hours of fun JD and Turk have with Rowdy makes me want to run to my nearest taxidermist and order myself a mounted hound.
I hope this information won't make you think any less of me, but I'm a bass player. My parents didn't plan on having a bass player, it was my father's hope that I would follow in his footsteps and become a trumpet player, but low lung capacity and an inability to remember which end of the trumpet to blow into resulted in the inevitable: I turned to the electric bass (and later the upright bass).
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 20 Official Couples Photos
- 'The Walking Dead': 20 Factors of the New Normal in Alexandria from 'Remember'
- 'Once Upon a Time': 19 Moments of Queens, Creatures and Curses from 'Darkness on the Edge of Town'
- 'The Bachelorette' Interview: J.P. and Ashley on Bigger Fears and Chris Soules' Choice
- 'House of Cards' Season 3 Review: Presidential Drama Leads to Best Season Yet
- More From BuddyTV
- Netflix Sets Dates for OITNB Season 3, Wet Hot American Summer & More
- Orphan Black Season 3 Trailer Reveals the Clones' Terrifying New Threat
- TVLine Items: Daytime Emmys Go Pop, Dreadful New Posters and More
- Sharknado 3: Mark Cuban, Ann Coulter Cast as Leaders of the United States
- Ratings: Last Man Leads Night, Once Returns Up, CBS Dramas Slip
- More From TVLine