Actually, Sarah -- a three-time Emmy winner -- had a tough go-round this time on General Hospital. She returned to a familiar setting, but instead of resuming the role she originated, Carly Corinthos, she was playing Mafia princess Claudia Zacchara. (Laura Wright is the current Carly.)
Comedy Central is cutting the budget for the comedy show by more than 20%, and the three executive producers - including Silverman herself - have threatened to quit the show. The series has not been picked up for a third season yet.
It's actually MTV Networks that is telling Comedy Central that they have to cut the budget. Right now each episode costs around $1.1 million to produce. MTV Network wants that cut down to $850,000 an episode. That's probably more than can be saved by simply replacing the fancy food on the craft services table with stuff from the supermarket.
I predict that they'll settle this, though I have to admit this is a show I don't really watch, even if I do think Silverman is funny. I wouldn't mind having a second new episode of Important Things with Demetri Martin every week if this show is a goner.
The folks at Missing Remote have put together an excellent guide for building an HTPC that you'd be proud to put next to your TV, all for under a grand.
The transfer to DTV will allow broadcasters to have one of two channels in HDTV or several channels in standard definition. Broadcasters are being told to ditch their frequencies this year, or when digital TV reaches eighty-five percent. In addition, congress will be setting up a program in which a family may be eligible for up to $80 to convert their sets to digital.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- Report: Rush Hour TV Series In the Works from Bill Lawrence, Brett Ratner
- Yvette Nicole Brown Exits Community
- Yvonne Strahovski to Reteam With Chuck Creator on Astronaut Wives Club
- You're the Worst, Married Renewed for Second Seasons; Worst Moving to FXX
- Modern Family Sneak Peek: Did Haley Accidentally Crash Alex's College Tour?
- More From TVLine
- Jessa Duggar: Abortion is the Holocaust of Our Time
- Have You Ever Seen Anything Cuter Than This 4-Year-Old Trying to Learn a Nursery Rhyme?
- Paula Abdul's Fun New Dance Project Makes a Serious Point
- George Clooney Spent Millions on Wedding, But Magazine Photos Profits Go to Charity
- Sophia Bush Blasts Her 'Obsessive' and 'Violent' Online Stalker
- More From ET