Here's what I learned: Gene Simmons... Bruce Leroy you are not. The next time I refer to something as a potential "hoot", I've given my wife permission to beat me unconscious with a shovel. A severe beating would be less painful than watching another minute of our nominee shows.
That said, I did enjoy the process of figuring out which show would "win" this award. After careful consideration of the words of my wizened TV Squad colleagues and the input of our enlightened readership, we have finally found our winner.
But those two platforms aren't enough for Penn. Up until recently, he hosted a syndicated talk radio show, which he gave up in part to concentrate on his stint on Dancing with the Stars this season. But he hasn't stayed silent; in January, Jillette started posting a series of short videos called Penn Says, which can be seen on the C Spot portion of Crackle, a Sony Entertainment website that has a number of exclusive video series. In these shorts, Penn turns on the camera and speaks extemporaneously about a topic that comes to mind, from Thomas Jefferson to the shelf life of calling Hillary Clinton a "bitch."
I spoke to Penn about Penn Says, the Hillary joke, Bullshit! and what he got out of being on Dancing with the Stars. The interview is after the jump.
Not only is magician Penn Jillette doing his radio show from New York City Halloween week, but he and his silent partner Teller are going to be making a ton of appearances on Halloween and the following week.
The magic duo will be on The View on October 31 (oh, if they could make one or two or the hosts disappear, oh please, oh please, oh please...). Then, on November 1, they'll be on the local New York morning show on the CW and, later that night, The Colbert Report. Then, we'll see them on the CNN Headline News show Glenn Beck. Which seems like an, um, interesting choice.
Penn & Teller's Showtime show Bullshit has been renewed for a fifth season.
I recently started listening to the podcast of Penn Jillette's radio show. Jillette is the loud, boisterous half of comedy/magic team "Penn and Teller," whose show Penn and Teller: Bullshit! is currently in its fourth season on Showtime. At one point, Jillette suddenly went on a hilarious rant about one director's alleged desire to have Paris Hilton play the role of Mother Theresa in an upcoming movie. Ever the contrarian, Penn's rant was not against Hilton, it was against Mother Theresa, whom he claimed did not actually help people get well, but merely set up places where people came to die due to what Penn claimed was some kind of sick perversion on her part.
I almost blogged about this when I heard it, but I think I was distracted by a shiny object or something, because I forgot about it. However, the AP reports that another radio host didn't cotton to Penn's rant, and sarcastically offered to pay a listener $5,000 to kill Jillette. The host, John London, was fired for his comments, along with the show's producer, Denis Cruz, and Chris Townsend, a sports reporter.
Click here for an MP3 of the Penn Radio episode.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Sons of Anarchy': 21 Touching and Frightening Moments from 'Greensleeves'
- 'The Voice' Interviews: Toia Jones on What Led to Her Emotional Battle Round Rehearsal
- 'The Flash': 15 Secrets Kept or Revealed During 'Things You Can't Outrun'
- 'Supernatural' Mystery: Who Is the Red-Headed Woman?
- Best 'Supernatural' Quotes from 'Soul Survivor'
- More From BuddyTV
- Bewitched Update: NBC Pilot Will Follow Samantha's Granddaughter
- Damages Alum Joins WE tv Thriller South of Hell Opposite Mena Suvari
- MasterChef Junior Preview Video: 'No Wonder These Kids Curse Brilliantly'
- Mentalist Alum Amanda Righetti Joins Carlton Cuse Drama Pilot Colony
- Bates Motel Casts a Mad Man as Romero's [Spoiler]
- More From TVLine
- Kanye West Sends 'Dope' Kim Kardashian a Sweet Birthday Message
- Lady Gaga Copies Beyonce's Banging Style!
- Florida Georgia Line Scores First No. 1 Album Amid Major Country Music Moment
- Jennifer Hudson Shows Off Bra in Half-Dress, Half-Robe
- Billy Bob Thornton on 'Crazy Time' With Angelina Jolie: I'm Not 'Fond of It'
- More From ET