(S02E10) One of the things that has made this season of Tom Goes to the Mayor so great is the guest stars. They haven't just used comedians with the same knack for irreverence as Tim and Eric, such as Tom Kenny and Michael Ian Black, but also actors like Judd Hirsch and Robert Loggia who aren't necessarily strangers to comedic acting, but simply have a different approach. Watching Black act like a goofball is fun and all, but it's not surprising. Seeing Hirsch behave in a similar fashion is surprising because we're not used to seeing him that way, and it makes the show all the more fun to watch.
John C. Reilly, a man known for dramatic, albeit quirky, roles in film, shows off his comedic chops in this episode as a mentally-unbalanced man who befriends Tom through a MySpace-like site called "Friendship Alliance." Tom hasn't even been on the site for more than a minute when John sends him a message to meet at Sauceman's, a "house-style saucehouse restaurant" where you can dip your food into over 3,000 different sauces. Tom was only logging onto the site to add his profile (he's the step-grandpop of a baby wolf-child), but since he's the easy-going sort he accepts John's invitation.
Indeed, both Tori and her husband attended Spelling's funeral on Sunday. And Tori made a point of telling the press that the two had reconciled before his stroke. So, let's give Tori a little break; she probably stayed in Toronto because her parents downplayed how serious Aaron's stroke was (or he was seriously ill for a while, and his passing was just a matter of time), then scrambled to get home as soon as she could after receiving word that he died. It happens, you know?
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Wayward Pines' Interview: M. Night Shyamalan on Shocking Death and Darker Turn
- 'Bachelorette' Star Kaitlyn Bristowe on Pre-Fantasy Suite Sex: 'I Don't Know Why Everyone is So Shocked'
- 'The Bachelor' Season 11 Week 2 Photos: Punchlines and Punches
- 'Survivor: Worlds Apart': Ranking the 13 Most Shocking Tribal Councils from Season 30
- 'The Flash': The 10 Most Villainous Moments of Season 1
- More From BuddyTV
- Sunday Night Football, Empire Top Ratings for 2014-15 Season; NCIS and Big Bang Are Most Watched
- Ratings: Red Nose Day Draws Small Crowd, Wayward Pines Rises
- 19 Kids and Counting: Should TLC Cancel the Series in the Wake of Josh Duggar Sex Abuse Confession?
- Is Supergirl the Earliest Pilot Leak Ever?
- Wet Hot American Summer First Look: The Camp Staff Reports for Duty
- More From TVLine
- Jordin Sparks Celebrates Her Stretch Marks, Gives Them a Cute Name
- A Day in the Life of Jennifer Aniston on Instagram
- Jessica Simpson Celebrates 'Sexiest Day' of Her Life: Meeting Husband Eric Johnson
- Why Andy Cohen Initially Didn't Want Bethenny Frankel or Lisa Rinna on ‘Real Housewives'
- Star Sightings May 2015
- More From ET