The legendary actor will voice himself in 'The Man From Jupiter,' a January episode during Season 3 of the hit FX series. The episode title is a reference to Reynolds' home in Jupiter, Fla.
Look for Reynolds to date Agent Sterling Archer's mother and boss, Malory. Archer won't be very pleased.
"I think the only person on the planet who's a bigger fan of Burt Reynolds than me is Sterling Archer," Adam Reed, creator of 'Archer,' said in a statement. "Archer constantly tries to imitate Burt and always raves about Burt's movies and all-around awesomeness. So to have Burt recording voice-overs for the show was just amazing."
In other TV news ...
Lady Gaga to Headline 'GMA' Summer Concert Series, Burt Reynolds, Christopher Lloyd Book TV Roles and More
ABC announced the news during this morning's 'GMA' broadcast. Look for Gaga to take the stage on May 27, four days after her new album drops.
'GMA' has been beefing up its content to draw younger viewers. Last month the morning show welcomed Britney Spears with a concert event.
Last summer Lady Gaga took the stage as part of the 'Today' show's summer concerts.
In other TV news ...
• Burt Reynolds will star opposite LeAnn Rimes in 'Reel Love,' a CMT original movie. Reynolds will play father to Rimes' Holly, a successful woman who returns to her small-town home after a family emergency. [Deadline]
• Christopher Lloyd has joined the cast of an NBC comedy pilot. The 'Back to the Future' actor will play grandfather to a family of doctors. The pilot also stars Jean Smart, Adam J. West and Jere Burns. Lloyd recently popped up in an episode of 'Fringe.' [Deadline]
• Looks like Charlie Sheen did better in Chicago than in Detroit. The controversial actor was met with a standing ovation after changing the 'My Violent Torpedo of Truth / Defeat is Not an Option' tour structure. [A.P.]
According to the Ausiello Files, the legendary actor will play a famous former CIA operative who has since retired and been cast out of the organization. Looks like Michael Westen (Jeffrey Donovan) is getting a cautionary tale.
Matt Nix, 'Burn Notice' series creator, said things haven't been going too well for Reynolds' character, Paul Anderson, according to the report. Look for Reynolds to tangle with some Russian goons after his character gets in trouble while working as a bartender under an assumed name.
'Burn Notice' premieres Jun. 3. No word yet on a premiere date for Reynolds' episode.
Reynolds recently appeared in a three-episode arc on the canceled NBC series 'My Name Is Earl.'
Tell us: Are you excited to see Burt Reynolds on 'Burn Notice'?
In the interview, the 1960s-era bombshell discusses some of the many men she's had relationships with, from Elvis Presley to Bob Dylan to Dean Martin to Burt Reynolds.
Watch the video after the jump.
Gunsmoke, the long running CBS western, the series that made a star of James Arness and was a fixture on the Tiffany network from 1955-1975, will be turned into a motion picture.
CBS Films has turned to the writer of National Treasure: Book of Secrets to craft a new incarnation of the exploits of Marshal Matt Dillon in the western town of Dodge City. The Marshal, as fans of the show or those who've seen the drama on TVLand, was ably assisted by Miss Kitty -- owner of the Long Branch Saloon -- and Doc Adams, the Dodge City doctor.
She has always seemed like an interesting character to me, one of the judges on that show (or the original) that seems to have an intriguing, wild background. And in the book she describes the various famous men she has slept with, and that list includes Elvis (Presley, not Costello), Burt (Reynolds, not Ward), and Clint (Eastwood, not Black).
Here's an excerpt from Greene's book.
[via Pop Candy]
The most recent incarnation of the sketch was no exception. In fact, it built on the solid foundation that lay before it by casting Tom Hanks as a clueless himself and bringing back Norm MacDonald as Burt Reynolds. MacDonald's appearance was funny not just because he does a scary good Reynolds, but I also like to think that every time he returns to the show, Don Ohlmeyer cries a little inside.
As much as there was to laugh at in the sketch, a tiny but hilarious joke seeped through the cracks and no one seemed to spot it -- until now. I have found the missing joke from last month's Jeopardy! sketch, thanks to my keen eyes, my intrepid nose and my ever-widening butt.
Deluise died last night in Los Angeles. He was 75.
Grant actually named the Fu-Manchu moustache, Sebastian. "[It'd] gotten out of control. The moment they called wrap on the last episode, I shaved it off," he told the New York Times. "I feel like myself again. People who didn't know me looked at me like, 'What the hell are you doing?' I was at a restaurant the other day, and a woman asked me if I was a porn star."
Cybill has been busy acting of late. She's going to appear on PSYCH in July when the show comes back with new episodes, playing Shawn's mother. There's also a feature called Barry Munday. Seemingly, she could make room in her work schedule for Dancing, and she claims she's really good at it and has fielded offers from them, "I love ballroom dancing. I've been offered Dancing with the Stars and I'd love to do it. I'm sure I could do it. It's just a really hard training period and I just haven't had time to devote to that."
OK, if you're not all exhausted by the Sopranos talk and examination of that final scene, let me bring up yet another take on the episode, via a friend of TV critic Roger Catlin at The Hartford Courant.
During the scene in the safehouse in the episode, there an an episode of The Twilight Zone playing on the television. An alert viewer figured out that it was the 1963 episode "The Bard," where a TV writer gets help from the ghost of William Shakespeare, who gets angry at the meddling from advertisers and the network and eventually punches an actor (Burt Reynolds).
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Kardashians' Roundup: Kim's Leaked Nude Photo, Bruce's Spanx and More
- 'The Good Wife' Season 6 Premiere Recap: Alicia and Diane Team Up to Rescue Cary
- 'The Strain' Recap: Journey to the Master's Lair
- 'The Real Housewives of New Jersey' Recap: The Twins Get Angry After Dina Reveals Some Gossip
- Meet The Master of 'The Strain': Robin Atkin Downes on How He Came Up with the Distinct Voice
- More From BuddyTV
- Once Upon a Time: Dancin', Romancin' and 9 More Season Premiere Teasers
- The Good Wife Season 6 Premiere Recap: You've Got... Jail?
- The Strain Recap: A Lot of Munchers
- Madam Secretary: Will You Keep the CBS Drama in Office?
- True Detective: Colin Farrell Reportedly Confirms Season 2 Role
- More From TVLine