(S01E01) Some shows come out of the gate with such a power that you can't help but stand up and take notice. For the far too few of us who happened to catch Arrested Development when it premiered, it quickly established that it was going to be something a little different than the other comedy fare on the television. The trend at the time was moving toward the single camera format, that's almost become the norm for comedies nowadays (The Office, My Name is Earl, hell NBC's entire Thursday night lineup).
There was a time when audiences were less receptive to this kind of television. It was funny, but minus a laugh track. So while shows like The King of Queens, Everybody Loves Raymond and even According to Jim had this comfortable format with the basic house set and laughter to cue us into the funny bits, AD was something a bit more challenging. Perhaps it was just a few years ahead of its time, or perhaps it was on the wrong network (FOX), or perhaps it was just too smart for its own good.
If you're a fan of the Discovery Channel series Mythbusters, then you know who Buster is. He's the resident dummy on the program, the lifeless model who gets shot, stabbed, blown up, dismembered, and has all kinds of other nasty stuff done to him in the name of myth debunking (or proving).
Recently, the gang at Mythbusters decided to let Buster speak his first words, and they asked fans to submit lines. Now, you can go here and vote for which line is your favorite. Buster will utter the winning line just before he's smashed to pieces in an upcoming "car myth" episode. The site doesn't specify which episode, though, so I guess you'll just have to watch. The series airs Wednesday nights at 9:00 p.m.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Homeland' Season 3 adds eight new guest stars, upgrades two to regulars
- Former 'Idol' contestants might judge next season's 'American Idol'
- 'Teen Mom 3' premiere date revealed - Cast makes fun of Farrah Abraham
- 'Bad Teacher' joins CBS comedy line-up with 13 episode order
- 'MasterChef' Season 4: Joe Bastianich doesn't 'want to be accused of killing some cats'
- More From Zap2it
- Fall TV Scoop: CBS Orders Bad Teacher to Series
- Homeland Exclusive: Boss Actress Joins Season 3 Cast as Carrie's [Spoiler]
- TVLine Items: Pretty Little Liars Lands Rumer Willis, Gossip Guy Visits Copper and More!
- Billy Crystal to Headline FX's Comedians Pilot
- So You Think You Can Dance Recap: The 5 Best Auditions From Los Angeles and Austin
- More From TVLine