July 28, 2014
by Ryan j Budke, posted Jan 24th 2006 11:44PM
I am a sappy, lovesick guy in his mid-twenties (I turned 25 last week actually), so if there ever was a show tailor made for me, then How I Met Your Mother is it. Or maybe Love Monkey, or Ed, or Friends, or... Whatever, you get the point I'm trying to make. You listen to me week in and week out; I absolutely love this show. Along with the ongoing love story, this show has a very deep sense of
comradery camaraderie. I grew up in the broken generation. The number of friends I have whose parents
are divorced or just not together, is far larger than those whose have parents that are still with each other. Our
ideas of families are radically different; our friends are our family, and that's something that comes across extremely
well in this show. My friends are my family, and just like the mothers and fathers of yesteryear, they're the ones that
keep pushing me to find someone (or at the very least "go out"), so once again, I sympathize with Ted. I'll
go into more detail how, but I'll put it at the end so you can choose whether or not you want to read it (not everyone
has a built in audience of a couple thousand). For now though -- On with the show!
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Sharknado 2' Interview: Why the Sequel Will 'Surpass Expectations'
- 'Kardashians' Roundup: Kim and Kanye's Marriage Trouble Rumors
- 'The Strain' Recap: Nightmare Symptoms and Bad Parenting
- 'True Blood' Recap: Has Sookie Sentenced Bill to the True Death?
- 'Rising Star' Recap: Who's in the Round of 13?
- More From BuddyTV
- Bates Motel Cast, EP Talk Norma's 'Innocence' and Romero's Backstory, Defend 'Desperate' Finale Kiss
- Orphan Black Cast Talks New Clone, 'Scary' Kiss, 'Badass' Donnie and More
- Supernatural Duo Sample Musical-ish Ep, Weigh In on '20 Seasons' Rumor
- The Leftovers Recap: Can We Talk?
- Lost Video Celebrates 10 Years: Did Your Favorite Moment Make the Cut?
- More From TVLine