It's not that she's not talented, successful or funny. It's just an odd choice, putting a comedian on the show that takes its goal of crushing losers' dreams on live television so seriously. It would evoke the same reaction from me if they picked Andrew "Dice" Clay as the new judge, if the Diceman was talented, successful or funny.
And besides, why do they need humor and comedy on such an otherwise serious show? There are lots of humorless, vapid and downright boring shows that are crying out for comedic interjection.
I didn't even realize this until just now, when I was surfing around doing my "What's On" post, but Stephen Colbert is going to be on C-SPAN2 at 11:30 tonight. He's going to be part of a breakfast panel at BookExpo America, along with Ken Burns, Khaled Housseini, and Lisa See. Should be fun.
Colbert has a new book coming out on October 9, but it looks like he's doing promotion for it a little early, which is good news for us. I'm not sure if this is a brand new show or something repeated from the past week or so, but if you haven't seen it, it's new to you (to borrow an old NBC phrase)!
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Orphan Black' Recap: Everyone's After Mark
- 'The Messengers' Recap: Finding the Horseman of War
- 'The Originals' Episode 2.21 Photos: Jackson and Hayley are On the Move
- 'The Amazing Race' Recap: Which Teams' Plans are Foiled by Driving Drama?
- 11 Reasons to Start Watching 'Penny Dreadful'
- More From BuddyTV
- Britney Spears and Iggy Azalea's Song 'Pretty Girls' Leaked
- Tiger Woods & Lindsey Vonn Call It Quits
- Tom Brady Jetsets Between Kentucky Derby & MayPac Fight
- Scarlett Johansson Takes on Marvel with 'Black Widow' Rom-Com Spoof on 'SNL'
- Will Floyd Mayweather Use His Winnings to Pay Suge Knight's Bail?
- More From ET