Vulture reports that Gervais will pop up very briefly in the Jan. 27 episode. "It's a little more than if you blink, you'll miss it, but if you don't set your TiVo right, you'll miss it," 'Office' showrunner Paul Lieberstein said. That's just a week away!
On Monday, April 5, Julianne Moore will be on 'As the World Turns' as Frannie Hughes, the character she played from 1985-87 on the CBS soap. She also played Frannie's look-alike British twin Sabrina. She was so good on 'ATWT' that she won the Daytime Emmy in 1988 for Outstanding Ingenue in a Drama Series. And she was! So often in the soap genre, actors are given the opportunity to play a twin -- evil or not -- and they either rise to the occasion... or crash and burn.
The gold medal winning American downhill ski champion, one of the darlings of the Vancouver games, appeared with Costas. At the end of the interview, Bob reminded Lindsey that she's the biggest 'Law & Order' fan in the world. Lindsey didn't deny it. She said it was true and the video they showed of her visiting the set and gushing about the show looked very sincere.
Well, no. Though Hill hasn't said what role Depp would play. I can only assume that he'll be playing the same part as he did years ago, though who knows. He could be playing Johnny Depp playing Tom Hanson, one of those meta "TV-show-within-a-movie" things. Hill does say that the show's theme song will be in the movie.
If you forgot what that theme song sounded like, take a listen after the jump.
Recently, I hepped you to news that Leonard Nimoy would be appearing in JJ Abrams' Star Trek XI, but that William "Captain kirk" Shatner would not.
The full cast will be announced at Comic Con, which kicks off later this month, so until then we can only speculate on what Nimoy's role will be, if indeed all this Web scuttlebutt is true.
Rumors are still abound as to who is playing whom in the upcoming Star Trek prequel from Lost and Alias creator JJ Abrams, but according to the NY Post, at least one man is out: William Shatner. Despite wanting a cameo role in the prequel, Shatner was not offered one. That's kind of a bummer, but what makes it even moreso, if the rumors are true (and it's the Post, so I'm skeptical), is that Leonard "Spock" Nimoy was offered a cameo role, instead.
Ostensibly, it seems unfair to give Nimoy a brief role and shut Shatner out completely, but having no idea the context of Nimoy's supposed cameo, it's tough to have an opinion about it one way or the other. Perhaps the cameo situation is such that it would only work with Nimoy and not Shatner --some kind of clever inside joke-- but I guess we won't know until the movie comes out.
[via Dark Horizons]
Is it because we have proof positive that Masi Oka was once a nerd supreme - works part-time for George Lucas, on the cover of Time circa 1987 as an Asian-American Whiz Kid - that he gets to have all the geek-out encounters on Heroes? His dad is George Takei. He rides the bus with Stan Lee. Anyone want to start making guesses as to what uber-geek chic run-in Hiro will have next? Frank Miller? Alan Moore? The cast of Firefly? Xeni Jardin? He's got an in with Lucas.
So far there are no details on her role, but you can bet it'll be relatively small. Like a cameo. Maybe she'll be the prom queen. Or, maybe she'll sing. Yeah, I bet she sings. The episode is called "The Party Favor" and there isn't an air date set for it quite yet.
[Via The Futon Critic]
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'So You Think You Can Dance' Season 10: Meet the Top 20 Dancers
- 'RHOC' Newbie Lydia McLaughlin Calls Out Slade Smiley's Body-Shaming
- 'The Bachelorette' Family Blogs: James' Cheating Revelation, Love Signs and Teasers
- ?The Bachelorette? Week 5 Photos: Heating Up in the German Alps
- The 11 Biggest Cheaters on Television
- More From BuddyTV
- TV ratings: 'The Voice' finale hangs tough Tuesday opposite NBA Finals
- 'Big Brother 15' twist: 3 people will be nominated for eviction, plus a weekly MVP
- 'The Voice' winner talks Season 4 victory
- Cher proves it's a 'Woman's World' with performance on 'The Voice' finale
- 'So You Think You Can Dance' Top 20: Meet the contemporary dancers
- More From Zap2it
- Ratings: The Voice Dips in Demo Opposite NBA Finals, Draws Its Largest Finale Audience Ever
- Exclusive Photos: Will Defiance's (Very) White Wedding Go Off Without a Hitch?
- Eye on Emmy: Corey Stoll Votes Yea on House of Cards and the Movie-Like Netflix Experience
- Big Brother 15 House and New 'Twists' Revealed
- Fall TV Poll | Wednesday: Arrow Vs. Miles Matheson and Other DVR Dilemmas
- More From TVLine