(S05E04) The stars are back for week two, and it's what I usually find to be one of my favorite weeks. The nerves and the pressure of the unknown are so hard to overcome in that first appearance, that week two is where much ground can be gained based on nothing more than a little confidence. As we would see tonight, that, as much as anything, is what is still holding a few of our stars back. Tom opened the show with a quick recap of last week, reminding everyone that Josie is no longer in the competition. But with eleven couples to dance, there was no time to dawdle, so on with the show.
(S05E03) The three-part premiere week finally reached its conclusion, and one star was sent packing. Tom's introduction really played up the battle of the sexes angle, calling Week 1 a "dance duel." Drew returned as Tom's co-pilot, and I'm curious to see how long he'll stick around. As usual, there was a tidy summary of the previous night of performances. The men answered the call after Len's warning on Monday night. Like Jennie Garth, Cameron set the standard with his Foxtrot. In his post-performance interview, Cameron was very proud of all the work he did.
(S05E02) After sitting on the sidelines last night, the male contestants got a chance to showcase their talents. Host Tom Bergeron dubbed tonight's episode "Testosterone Tuesday, " and I bet he wishes he could use that line again. We've reached the second part of the three-night premiere extravaganza, and I'm already exhausted. Tonight the men attempted the Foxtrot and the Cha Cha Cha, after getting a look at their competition yesterday. Drew Lachey was back in the co-host position, which might not have pleased some of you (especially those who sounded off on yesterday's blog). There was no all-pro dance tonight; the show cut right to the standard celebrity introductions. Mark Cuban still looked awkward, Julianne looked sensational in her dress, and the crowd went crazy for Mr. Las Vegas, Wayne Newton.
(S05E01) It's that time of year again, and fans always know what to expect from Dancing With The Stars: glamorous B-list celebrities, exciting performances, and frequent use of the phrase "than ever before." Host Tom Bergeron started things off by calling this season the "dawn of a new era," and claimed that they have the "most exciting cast ever assembled." Let's let the ratings decide that, shall we? For the first week of competition, the powers that be tried something new--a three-night premiere! Can you handle it?
- Mel B (Spice Girl) paired with Maksim Chmerkovskly;
- Sabrina Bryan (Cheetah Girl) paired with Mark Ballas;
- Helio Castroneves (race car driver) paired with Julianne Hough;
- Mark Cuban (businessman) paired with Kym Johnson;
- Jennie Garth (former 90210 actress) paired with Derek Hough;
- Josie Maran (supermodel) paired with Alec Mazo;
- Cameron Mathison (All My Children) paired with Edyta Silwinska;
- Floyd Mayweather, Jr. (boxer) paired with Karina Smirnoff;
- Wayne Newton (singer) paired with Cheryl Burke;
- Marie Osmond (singer) paired with Jonathan Roberts;
- Albert Reed (supermodel) paired with Anna Trebunskaya;
- Jane Seymour (actress) paired with Tony Dovolani.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'SYTYCD' Predictions: Which Top 16 Dancers Are Safe?
- 'America's Got Talent' Recap: Welcome to Judgment Week
- 'The Real Housewives of New York City' Season 6 Finale Recap: Aviva Loses Her Head and Her Leg
- 'Chasing Life' Recap: Bylines and Goodbyes
- 'Sleepy Hollow' Season 2 Cast Photos
- More From BuddyTV
- Girls Scoop: Judd Apatow's Daughter Guest-Starring in Season 4
- Supernatural's Jensen Ackles Previews Demon Dean — Plus: A Musical Hour?
- Hot in Cleveland Sneak Peek: A Surprise Wedding for Chris Colfer?
- Pretty Little Liars Recap: One Flew Into the Cuckoo's Nest
- Ask Ausiello: Spoilers on Grey's, Supernatural, P'hood, Flash, Scandal, Bones, NCIS and More
- More From TVLine
- Lana Del Rey: 'I've Slept With a Lot of Guys in the Industry'
- Mark Ruffalo Retrieves Lost Wallet On Twitter
- Britney Spears Is Launching a Lingerie Line!
- Star-Studded 2014 iHeartRadio Music Festival to Feature Taylor Swift, One Direction
- Zoe Saldana and Marco Perego Expecting First Child
- More From ET