But, out of all the original programs that premiered on the major networks after the completion of the fall 2008 season, not a single one got traction.
According to analysis reports, you can take your pick from any of the following shows: Defying Gravity, The Superstars, The Listener, Mental, The Philanthropist, Hitched or Ditched, Merlin and Great American Road Trip. All of them bombed -- each hovering just above a one market share.
In fact, you don't need numbers to prove that the fall crop crapped out. Ask your friend what his/her favorite summer replacement show was. You'll be waiting awhile.
What makes the "word that shall not be typed again in this post" so scary is when it is said after a series wrapped up its current episode order or when it is said almost a mere minute before said episode order is completed. When this happens, it usually means that the shows will not have the money/time/leisure to go back to the drawing board and rework what will now be known as their series finale.
When ABC announced that Dirty Sexy Money, Eli Stone and Pushing Daisies were
Slight spoilers coming up!
There's a lot of animation I enjoy, but Disney's output has always been near the bottom of my list. My love for all things Warner Bros. may rival whatever admiration I have for Disney, but I'll admit I've always loved Disney's short-form cartoons, especially anything featuring Donald Duck or Goofy.
Why do I mention this? Well, news is popping up on some corners of the internet where animation nerds like myself hang out, and it seems that Disney has stopped production on its "Walt Disney Treasures" DVD collections. These collections, which the studio has been putting out since 2001, would have eventually collected every Disney short ever made. Much like the Looney Tunes Golden Collection DVD sets, some purists have found fault with the DVD's production values, but I file such minor glitches under "Beggars Can't Be Choosers."
Here are the shows (on all networks) that media buyers think are in danger of cancellation:
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- Extant Recap: The Unkindest Cut
- Sharknado 2: The 13 Best Worst Lines and 13 Fishiest Leaps of Logic
- So You Think You Can Dance Recap: It's Just Emotions, Taking Me Over
- ABC's The Quest Mixes Fantasy and Reality (With Dragons on the Side)
- Scoop: Warren Kole Is 'Following' Kevin Williamson to CBS' Stalker
- More From TVLine
- Fox News Anchor Bob Beckel Calls 'Bachelorette' Andi Dorfman A 'Slut'
- Zooey Deschanel Tweets Star Studded Set Photo From 'Rock The Kasbah'
- Lily Allen Praises Miley Cyrus' Stage Skills Before Opening For Her On 'Bangerz' Tour
- Ireland Baldwin on Social Media: 'Instagram is Behind the Times'
- Vin Diesel Covers Sam Smith... And Yes, It's Everything.
- More From ET