Wow, 'Barnaby Jones!' I'll admit I watched all of the detective shows in the 70s: 'Barnaby Jones,' "Streets of San Francisco,' 'Cannon' (also released this week). It's hard to say if I'll actually buy the set, though I haven't seen the show in 20 years (it's probably not even on TV anymore, unless one of the mystery channels runs it), and I'm curious to see if I still like it or if I laugh at Buddy Ebsen as a private eye, drinking milk and putting clues in little plastic baggies.
- 'Barnaby Jones' - Season 1
- 'Bleach' - Season 4, Part 2 Uncut Box Set: The Bount
- 'Branded' - Complete Series
- 'Bugs Bunny' - Easter Funnies
Anthony Spinner, who among other credits produced and/or wrote for The Man From U.N.C.L.E., Cannon, Search,The FBI, Return of the Saint, and Baretta, is suing both ABC and Touchstone Television, saying that he created (and was paid $30,000 for) a show that is very similar to Lost way back in 1977. He actually sued back in 2005 but the case was dismissed for procedural reasons.
I started watching The Fairly OddParents a few years ago and completely fell in love with it. I have a couple of the DVD sets, but I was never sure how the DVD sets were organized. Sometimes they're by a "theme" and sometimes they're by a season or volume. But now we have actual complete season sets for seasons one and two, and I'm really looking forward to having them. Funny, though, how no one can agree whether it's Fairly OddParents or Fairly Odd Parents. I see it spelled both ways everywhere.
I won't be buying the Highlander: The Animated Series set though., There can be only one animated set to buy this week and I'm going with OddParents.
For some reason, I didn't know that Jake and the Fatman was out on DVD (or I knew at one point and just forgot). Is this something I want on DVD? I'm tempted, because it's a show that you'll probably never see in syndication again. It's probably way down on my list though. Password might be fun. I gotta start buying these game show releases at some point.
- Cannon - Season 1, Vol. 2
- Curious George - Leads the Band and Other Musical Mayhem
- Dr. Katz, Professional Therapist - Best Of
- Frost/Nixon - The Original Watergate Interviews
- Jake and the Fatman - Season 1, Vol. 2
- Law and Order - Season 6
- Metalocalypse - Season 2
- Mythbusters - Big Blasts
- Password - Best Of
- Perry Mason - Season 3, Vol. 2
- Saturday Night Live - Season 4
Here are the new TV DVDs, in stores tomorrow.
- The Adventures of Ozzie & Harriet - Best of Ricky and Dave
- The Batman - Season 5
- Batman: The Animated Series - Gotham Knight and Gotham Knight Special Edition
- Cannon - Season 1, Vol. 1
- The Dog Whisperer - Season 3, Canine Makeovers, and Stories of Hope and Inspiration
- Fastlane - Complete Series
- I Dream of Jeannie - Season 5
- Jake and the Fatman - Season 1, Vol. 1
- Monk - Season 6
- Psych - Season 2\
- Shaggy and Scooby-Doo: Get A Clue - Vol. 2
- Soul Food - Season 4
- Spider-Man - The Hobgoblin
- Stargate: Atlantis - Season 4
- Teen Titans - Season 5
- The X-Files - Revelations
A lot of people don't realize that the first James Bond wasn't Sean Connery on the big screen, it was Barry Nelson on television, on a 1954 episode of the CBS series Climax. Nelson played 007 in an adaptation of Casino Royale.
Nelson died in Buck's County, PA on April 7 while traveling. He was 89.
Besides the classic role of Bond, Nelson was a regular on the 50s series My Favorite Husband, and guest starred on several other shows, including The Twilight Zone, Murder, She Wrote, Fantasy Island, Magnum, P.I., Dallas, The Love Boat, Thriller, Cannon, Longstreet, The F.B.I., The Philco Playhouse, Alfred Hitchcock Presents and many others. On the big screen he was in several films, including The Shining, Airport, and Pete N' Tillie, and starred on stage in several productions.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'The Flash' Episode 18 Photos: Felicity and the Atom Visit Central City
- 'NCIS' Recap: Gibbs Tackles a Cold Case
- 'Better Call Saul': 11 Foreshadowing Moments to 'Breaking Bad' You Probably Missed
- 'Supernatural' Episode 10.18 Photos: Charlie Finds the Book of the Dead
- 'Dance Moms' Recap: Do the Candy Apples Finally Beat the ALDC?
- More From BuddyTV
- Cougar Town Finale Recap: 'Deja View'
- Forever Creator: Abigail's Fate Will Be Resolved by Season's End
- Younger: Is TV Land's Sutton Foster Comedy Already Growing on You?
- Finding Carter Season Premiere Recap: Egg-citing New Developments
- Weird Loners: Will You Keep the Fox Comedy Company on Tuesday Nights?
- More From TVLine
- Legendary Singer Joni Mitchell Hospitalized
- Jamie Dornan Stalked a Woman as Research to Play a Serial Killer
- Andrew Getty, Grandson of J. Paul Getty, Found Dead at 47
- The 9 Most Insane Things That Happen in the New 'Mad Max' Trailer
- Angelina Jolie: 'What Doesn't Kill You Makes You Stronger'
- More From ET