In tonight's new 'Chuck' installment, 'Chuck Versus the Coup d'Etat' (8PM ET, NBC), the gang -- including Chuck, Sarah, Awesome and Awesome's pregnant wife Ellie -- heads to Costa Gravas for a little vacay, at the invitation of Armand Assante, as Allejandro Goya, from season 3's 'Chuck Versus the Angel de la Muerte.'
Goya is still indebted to Captain Awesome, aka Dr. Devon Woodcomb, aka actor Ryan McPartlin, for saving his life in season 3, and he's setting out to repay him, via the trip and a little plaster homage.
But when Awesome is aghast that Chuck would just lie to Ellie's face, we have to agree with Chuck. "There are some things she's better off not knowing." Watch 'Chuck' Mon., 8PM ET on NBC.
Watch the video after the jump.
Ever since Women's Murder Club ended last year -- after a way too short run, in my opinion -- I've been looking for appearances by Angie Harmon. Her own series would be great, but if not, I'll settle for whatever I can get. She's just signed to guest star in episode four of the upcoming season of Chuck.
According to Entertainment Weekly, Harmon will play a character named Sydney, a spy for the Ring who's looking to kill Ryan McPartlin's Captain Awesome alter ego.
Her character of Lindsay Boxer on Women's Murder Club was a badass detective who could beat the heck out of a perp while ordering pizza on her cell phone. I've been intermittent with my Chuck viewing, but I'll definitely be checking out this episode and hoping to see more of Harmon.
Other recent additions to the NBC show include Smallville's Kristin Kreuk and Superman's Brandon Routh. Any thoughts on this latest addition? And wouldn't you like to see Harmon in her own series again?
(S02E09) This season we've met Sarah's high school nemesis, who turned out to be a rogue spy, Chuck's ex-girlfriend, who turned out to be a rogue spy, and we had a return of Bryce, who was a spy from an opposing agency. This week, we met John Casey's former sensei, who is now a rogue spy. This brings me to a few conclusions...
First, the CIA really has a horrible retention program for its employees (most likely due to the pudding cups being eliminated from the cafeteria). Second, other than Chuck, his immediate family, and the employees at Buy More, everyone else is a rogue agent. Therefore, this little trio of agents will be eliminating the bad seeds from California for the next 22 seasons. Well, at least there's the job security.
(S01E12) "If you want to go through life all emotionally constipated and alone, then suit yourself. I'll let you get back to protecting the greater good, you freaking robot." (Chuck to Casey)
Last night's first of two new Chucks was about learning that the supporting characters are human, too. Casey than just a cold-as-ice NSA Agent who would probably kill everyone in the room if he was ever the subject of a roast and has mastered the art of communicating with eye winces, grunts and scowls. Ellie and Devon/Captain Awesome actually have a relationship issue, which ... Morgan? ... diagnoses?! And we get nothing on the tired "is it or isn't it?," "does she or doesn't she?" non-romance between Chuck and Sarah (thank god!). In fact, they barely had any screen time together and I think it was, well, awesome!
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Dancing with the Stars' Predictions: Who Will Be the Final 3?
- Report: Caroline Manzo Returning to 'RHONJ'
- 'The Good Wife' Mid-Season Finale Recap: Does Cary Take the Plea Deal?
- 'The Walking Dead' Recap: Rick Prepares to Make a Trade
- 'The Real Housewives of Atlanta' Recap: The Apollo-gy Aftermath
- More From BuddyTV
- Ratings: AMAs Slip vs. 2013, Football Pops, Madam Secretary Eyes Big Gain
- The Originals Scoop: Will the Holidays Bring Hayley and Elijah Back Together?
- Gotham EP Talks Jim's Grim Fate, Arkham's Ascendance, Bat/Cat Bond, a 'Dark' Turn and the Extended Run
- Constantine's First Season Ending After 13 Episodes; Season 2 Still Possible
- Sleepy Hollow's Neil Jackson on Ichabod and Abraham's Face-Off & Loving (but Not Trusting) Katrina
- More From TVLine
- Jennifer Aniston Has a Morbid 'Friends' Reunion Idea
- 'Grimm' Sneak Peek: Nick Discovers the Creepy Origins of a Strange Ritual!
- One Direction Dances to Taylor Swift's 'Shake It Off' in Their Underwear
- Kim Kardashian's Sisters Weigh In On Her Full-Frontal Photos
- EXCLUSIVE: Jake Owen Steps Outside His Comfort Zone with Emotional 'What We Ain't Got' Video
- More From ET