In tonight's new 'Chuck' installment, 'Chuck Versus the Coup d'Etat' (8PM ET, NBC), the gang -- including Chuck, Sarah, Awesome and Awesome's pregnant wife Ellie -- heads to Costa Gravas for a little vacay, at the invitation of Armand Assante, as Allejandro Goya, from season 3's 'Chuck Versus the Angel de la Muerte.'
Goya is still indebted to Captain Awesome, aka Dr. Devon Woodcomb, aka actor Ryan McPartlin, for saving his life in season 3, and he's setting out to repay him, via the trip and a little plaster homage.
But when Awesome is aghast that Chuck would just lie to Ellie's face, we have to agree with Chuck. "There are some things she's better off not knowing." Watch 'Chuck' Mon., 8PM ET on NBC.
Watch the video after the jump.
Ever since Women's Murder Club ended last year -- after a way too short run, in my opinion -- I've been looking for appearances by Angie Harmon. Her own series would be great, but if not, I'll settle for whatever I can get. She's just signed to guest star in episode four of the upcoming season of Chuck.
According to Entertainment Weekly, Harmon will play a character named Sydney, a spy for the Ring who's looking to kill Ryan McPartlin's Captain Awesome alter ego.
Her character of Lindsay Boxer on Women's Murder Club was a badass detective who could beat the heck out of a perp while ordering pizza on her cell phone. I've been intermittent with my Chuck viewing, but I'll definitely be checking out this episode and hoping to see more of Harmon.
Other recent additions to the NBC show include Smallville's Kristin Kreuk and Superman's Brandon Routh. Any thoughts on this latest addition? And wouldn't you like to see Harmon in her own series again?
(S02E09) This season we've met Sarah's high school nemesis, who turned out to be a rogue spy, Chuck's ex-girlfriend, who turned out to be a rogue spy, and we had a return of Bryce, who was a spy from an opposing agency. This week, we met John Casey's former sensei, who is now a rogue spy. This brings me to a few conclusions...
First, the CIA really has a horrible retention program for its employees (most likely due to the pudding cups being eliminated from the cafeteria). Second, other than Chuck, his immediate family, and the employees at Buy More, everyone else is a rogue agent. Therefore, this little trio of agents will be eliminating the bad seeds from California for the next 22 seasons. Well, at least there's the job security.
(S01E12) "If you want to go through life all emotionally constipated and alone, then suit yourself. I'll let you get back to protecting the greater good, you freaking robot." (Chuck to Casey)
Last night's first of two new Chucks was about learning that the supporting characters are human, too. Casey than just a cold-as-ice NSA Agent who would probably kill everyone in the room if he was ever the subject of a roast and has mastered the art of communicating with eye winces, grunts and scowls. Ellie and Devon/Captain Awesome actually have a relationship issue, which ... Morgan? ... diagnoses?! And we get nothing on the tired "is it or isn't it?," "does she or doesn't she?" non-romance between Chuck and Sarah (thank god!). In fact, they barely had any screen time together and I think it was, well, awesome!
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Dancing with the Stars' Rehearsal Photos: Bindi Irwin and the PenaVegas
- 'Big Brother 17' Recap: King James Foils Vanessa's Plan
- 'America's Got Talent' Live Results Recap: The 1st 5 Acts Advance to the Finals
- Meet the Teams of 'The Amazing Race' Season 27
- 'MasterChef' Interview: For Charlie and Ailsa, No Trophy but No Regrets
- More From BuddyTV
- Vampire Diaries' Candice King Teases 'Badass' Caroline in Season 7, Talks 'Funny' Steroline Baby Theories
- Ron Perlman Talks Hand of God's Take on Faith, Sons of Anarchy Series Finale: 'When I Was Done, I Was Done'
- Grey's Anatomy Boss Shonda Rhimes Reveals Reason for That McDreamy-Fueled One-Year Time Jump
- Dean Jones of Herbie, the Love Bug and Ensign O'Toole Fame, Dies at 84
- The 100 Season 3: Clarke Gets a (Grounder?!) Makeover
- More From TVLine
- 'Can't Buy Me Love' Star Amanda Peterson Died of Accidental Drug Overdose
- Nick Carter Asked an *NSYNC Star For Advice Before Joining 'Dancing With the Stars'!
- Demi Lovato Pumps Herself Up Before a Show in the Most Inspiring Way
- Q&A: Maddie & Tae Are Headed on 'An Incredible Journey' With 'Start Here' Debut
- EXCLUSIVE: Joy Behar Jokes That 'A Lot of Therapy' Prepared Her for Return to 'The View'
- More From ET