The rollout for these feels a bit like an old infomercial. But wait! That's not all! In addition to the DVD, which features some deleted scenes and a short feature touring the South Park Studios, you also get a microsite dedicated to season thirteen. There, you can get a bunch of 'South Park' goodies like wallpaper and ringtones (including West's "Gay Fish Song").
When Wendy Williams admits she wears shoes in the 11-12 range, Mencia replies, "But it's okay, though. There's no correlation for women ... When a guy says, 'I have a [size] five shoe,' women are like, 'Oh, no!'"
Watch the video after the jump.
Both will be multi-camera comedies, with Mencia's a family comedy that poaches from his own life and stand-up work, set within a multicultural, immigrant-based family. Veteran writers Mitchel Katlin and Nat Bernstein, who collaborated on 'Ally McBeal' and 'Doogie Howser, M.D.,' are signed on as writers for Mencia's show.
Mencia's last big project was heading up the Comedy Central sketch show, 'Mind of Mencia,' which lasted for three seasons.
ABC approved a last minute deal for comedian Carlos Mencia to have his own sitcom.
The show will focus on his own life growing up in a "very large multigenerational immigrant family." How can we be sure its his actual family and not one that he stole from another comedian? Kidnapping is a still a felony offense, you know.
That's still no excuse for stealing material, if that is in fact the case with this British ad. UK comic Micky Flanagan claims an ad agency stole a joke from his act for a phone service commercial and is a stone's throw away from filing a lawsuit. Punchline Magazine posted videos of the joke and the ad. Is this just a coincidence or is the ad pulling a Carlos Mencia?
First, listen to Flanagan's joke...
And now, watch the ad, which is after the jump.
Rogan takes on the legalization of marijuana, Dr. Phil, and technology with brutal logic. His last television day gig, Game Show In Your Head, is over but he says he doesn't mind. He's still doing what he loves most - stand-up comedy and commentating for the UFC, and he's got a new Web series on Crackle.com, a sort of Inside the Actors Studio for stand-up comedians, he says will start within the next couple of months.
I spoke with him about all of that, how having a one-year old daughter has changed his perspective, how his personal philosophies have evolved, and the treatment of his frequent rival Carlos Mencia on a recent episode of South Park, in which Mencia was beheaded by Kanye West for stealing a joke he couldn't explain.
The Krewe of Orpheus should be given the Nobel Peace Prize for pulling their invitation to Carlos Mencia to ride in this year's parade. Then it should be immediately stripped for not having the decency to not invite him in the first place.
Here's how it works. Three of the biggest Mardi Gras parades called "Super Krewes" invite big name celebrities to ride in their parades the weekend before Fat Tuesday. No, Fat Tuesday is not the nickname people have for your mother's birthday. It's the actual Mardi Gras day.
Comedy Central has renewed two of its shows, Mind of Mencia and Lil' Bush.
Carlos Mencia's show is actually the number one 10 PM cable show with men aged 18-24. Yeah, I know, that sounds like an awfully specific ratings number to brag about, but these people know what they're doing with all this stuff. This blog post is the number one rated blog post about Comedy Central that was posted in the afternoon of October 2, 2007 by a guy drinking a hot chai.
- Charlie Rose: Christian Bale and authors Dov Seidman and Jessie Gruman
- The Daily Show: Bruce Willis (repeat)
- The Colbert Report: David France (repeat)
- The Late Show With David Letterman: Emma Watson, P.Diddy, and Spoon
- Jay Leno: John Travolta, The Neville Brothers, and Tony Dungy
- Jimmy Kimmel Live: Ethan Hawke, Elisha Cuthbert, and Harris Wittles
- Tavis Smiley: Mavis Staples (repeat)
- Late Night With Conan O'Brien: Daniel Radcliffe, Carlos Mencia, and Art Brut
- The Late, Late Show With Craig Ferguson: Julie Chen, James Marsden, and Sara Bareilles
- Last Call With Carson Daly: Lifehouse and Amaury Nolasco
- Hiccup girl goes on The Today Show, so Good Morning America calls her 57 times for an interview.
- I can't tell if Time's James Poniewozik likes Heroes or not.
- Ken Levine was once on The Dating Game?!
- Irwin Handleman gives his opinion on the whole Joe Rogan/Carlos Mencia controversy.
- The original Jill Abbott on The Young and the Restless is in an Hawaiian jail.
- In case you missed it, here's George Takei's answer to Tim Hardaway's rant against gays, from Jimmy Kimmel Live.
- BuddyTV is having an Oscars contest.
- I think Tom Shales is on a wild goose chase here.
And that's not all. Via this agent, Rogan was told that Mencia is demanding an apology. Rogan laughs it off, saying, "I told them that was f***ing hilarious, and said it's been fun working with them."
So, what do you think? Should Rogan apologize?
Here's an epilogue to my post about the tiff between Joe Rogan and Carlos Mencia that took place on stage at The Comedy Store a few days ago.
In a nutshell: Rogan and other comedians have been accusing Mencia of stealing material for some time, and the two men had a battle of words on stage with Rogan (and a couple other comedians) accusing Mencia of stealing material, and Mencia denying it.
On his Web site, Rogan wrote that he received a call from Comedy Store owner Mitzi Shore (mother of Pauly Shore), asking him to explain what had happened. Later, he received a call from the club's manager telling him he might want to take a break from the club because of the tension between him and Mencia. He also told Rogan they weren't happy about him putting the video of the fight on the internet. Bottom line: Rogan has been banned from The Comedy Store, and Mencia will continue to perform there.
Carlos Mencia is not the first comedian to be accused of stealing material from other comedians --Denis Leary was accused of stealing from the late Bill Hicks, Dane Cook has been accused of swiping material from Louis C.K.-- but if all allegations are true, Mencia may be the one with the most evidence stacked against him.
I often wonder if "stealing" isn't sometimes confused with comics sharing a similar worldview. I'm not a stand-up comedian, but even I've seen funny ideas that have popped into my head appear on television shows, or in The Onion, or any other number of places. It seems that if you've thought of something, there's a good chance someone else has also thought of it.
I'm not part of the zany world of stand up comedy, but Joe Rogan is, and he's vehemently convinced that the majority of Mencia's material is stolen, and if the video below is any indication, comedians George Lopez and Bobby Lee also agree. Check out the clip to see Rogan and Mencia engage in a battle of words on stage at the Comedy Store. VIDEO CONTAINS FOUL LANGUAGE.
UPDATE: The YouTube video has been removed, so check it out here instead.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Kardashians' Star Khloe Kardashian Denies She Kicked Out Her Brother Rob Out of Her House
- 'Bachelor' Star Chris Soules and Other Stars from the Franchise to Grace Rose Parade
- 'The Real Housewives of Atlanta' Recap: Does Phaedra Fall for Apollo's Stunt?
- 'Glee' Episodes 6.3 and 6.4 Photos: A Love Triangle for Kurt
- 'Glee' Season 6 Premiere Photos: Everyone Comes Back to McKinley
- More From BuddyTV
- Pretty Little Liars Sneak Peek: Is This Emily and Paige's Last Goodbye?
- The Affair Season Finale Recap: They Can't Handle the Truth
- Homeland Finale Recap: Mother Lode
- Quotes of the Week: The 100, NCIS: LA, Vanderpump, Freak Show and More
- Amy Adams Hosts SNL: Watch Video of Best and Worst Sketches
- More From TVLine
- EXCLUSIVE: Mark Ruffalo Shares Advice to His Younger Self
- How Stacy Keibler Got Her Abs Back Four Months After Giving Birth
- Jill (Duggar) Dillard Celebrates 6-Month Anniversary with Wedding Kiss Pics
- Hackers Threaten to Release Iggy Azalea's Alleged Sex Tape
- Kelly Clarkson Performs 'Silent Night' with Trisha Yearwood and Reba McEntire
- More From ET