When did 'Dancing with the Stars' become "The Carlos Santana Hour"? While Santana was amazing, even Tom Bergeron noted that he had to fill an hour with eliminations. Tom tried his hardest to emphasize a shocking elimination, and he exclaimed that even he and the producers were shocked when they heard the news.
Frankly, the only shocking elimination would have been if Jennifer Grey or Brandy was sent home, and since that didn't happen we weren't shocked.
A message for Brandy: You're good, stop being nervous. She looked so tense that she could probably crush Maks's head with her hands. If we were the producers, we'd have made her suffer and be part of the "not low scores" bottom two. Then there'd be guaranteed tears next week.
At long last, the season 8 finale of American Idol has arrived! It's been fun watching all of the Idols grow in their musical prowess (that's a Paula word), especially Adam Lambert and Kris Allen, the final two performers who couldn't be more different, but are both awesome in their own way.
Ryan started things off by introducing the judges, along with a funny video clip for each of them -- Randy Jackson saying "For Me" throughout the season; Kara DioGuardi saying "sweetie" and "honey" to people who didn't make it past the audition process; Paula's round-up of colorful adjectives (vocal prowess, masterful and effortless, palette, etc.); and Simon's issues with hearing what people say (as in, he could probably use a hearing aid!).
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'The Real Housewives of Atlanta' Reunion Part 2 Recap: Peter and the Other Husbands Speak Out
- 'Game of Thrones' Recap: Bloody Attacks from the Sparrows, Snakes and Harpys
- 'Once Upon a Time' Recap: Does a New Story Begin for the Villains?
- 'Orphan Black' Recap: Everyone's After Mark
- 'The Messengers' Recap: Finding the Horseman of War
- More From BuddyTV
- Penny Dreadful Premiere Recap: Witch, Please
- Once Recap: The Rewrite Stuff — Plus, Has Regina Been 'Screwed Over Most'?
- The Good Wife Recap: When One Door Comes Unhinged... Walk Through It?
- Secrets and Lies: Tom's Killer Is Revealed — Plus: Is [Spoiler] Dead?!
- The Good Wife Finale Mystery: Who's at Alicia's Door Now?!
- More From TVLine
- 'Walking Dead' Star Chad L. Coleman Apologizes for Subway Rant
- 'Suicide Squad' Assembled: David Ayer Tweets First Pic of Cast in Full Costume
- Mayweather vs. Pacquiao: Star Sightings
- George Takei Helps Museum Acquire 'Priceless' Collection of WWII Internment Camp Artifacts
- Britney Spears and Iggy Azalea's Song 'Pretty Girls' Leaked
- More From ET