There are some things that just don't seem to work on TV. For example, shows with an intelligent teenage protagonist. They get made, they have fans, they even last multiple seasons, but they never seem to break into the mainstream. Or shows about bands. It should work -- hot young people playing catchy tunes -- but ever since 'The Monkees', the formula has needed serious tweaking to take off. Another thing that doesn't seem to work on TV? Stephen King.
The alphabet according to Carrie, Miranda, Charlotte and Samantha
Can you believe we said au revoir to Carrie and the ladies over four years ago?
Luckily their six glorious seasons of friendships, love and, yes, plenty of sex will live on in syndication forever, much to the delight of old fans and new admirers.
In honor of the 'Sex and the City' movie, we present the ultimate guide to the series' best moments -- those that made us laugh, cry and want to invest all our money in sex toys and shoes.
Things got off to a creepy start with Allison's Carrie-esque dream of Ariel at the spring dance. Not only creepy because of the blood and stuff, but also because of how we know it will effect Allison. It's hard enough having all of the visions in her head, the lending library of horrible images as she puts it, but having it be one of her kids just amps it up. The parallel dream theme was set in motion very nicely in the breakfast scene when Ariel explained that she had the same dream, only with a rose petal ending, instead of the blood.
This is a tough one to call. Carrie gave me chills when she did Roy Orbison's "Crying," and she gave solid performances on Air Supply's "Making Love" and Shania Twain's "Man, I Feel Like a Woman." (By the way, was she wearing hair extensions?) But solid is as solid does: it doesn't necessarily make an Idol.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Elementary' My Dear Watson: Best Deductions from 'Ears to You'
- 'The Following' Season 2 Episode Photos
- 'Once Upon a Time in Wonderland': 19 Moments of Shock, Determination, Joy and Grief in 'Nothing to Fear'
- 'Intelligence' Season 1 Episode Photos
- 'Scandal': 15 Jaw-Dropping Moments from 'We Do Not Touch the First Ladies'
- More From BuddyTV
- 'Sherlock' Season 4: Steven Moffat, Mark Gatiss tease Moriarty's return, premiere date
- Katie Holmes cast to star in 'Dangerous Liaisons'-style pilot on ABC
- 'Mad Men' gets a groovy Season 7 poster from graphic artist Milton Glaser
- 'Game of Thrones' Season 4: First four episode descriptions released
- 'Sons of Anarchy': Kurt Sutter wants Aaron Paul in Season 7
- More From Zap2it
- Veronica Mars Movie: Jason Dohring Answers the Burning Question – Is 'LoVe' Still in the Air?
- TVLine Items: Sharknado 2 Premiere Date, True Blood Promotion, Orphan Catch-Up and More
- Pilot News: Felicity Huffman Joins American Crime, John Corbett Returns to FX and More
- Did Glee Dis Artie? Why'd Castle Spoil a Twist? Are We to 'Ship Dead's Daryl/Beth? And More Qs!
- Exclusive Bones Clip: Booth, Brennan Squabble About Insurance (It's Funnier Than It Sounds)
- More From TVLine