There are some things that just don't seem to work on TV. For example, shows with an intelligent teenage protagonist. They get made, they have fans, they even last multiple seasons, but they never seem to break into the mainstream. Or shows about bands. It should work -- hot young people playing catchy tunes -- but ever since 'The Monkees', the formula has needed serious tweaking to take off. Another thing that doesn't seem to work on TV? Stephen King.
The alphabet according to Carrie, Miranda, Charlotte and Samantha
Can you believe we said au revoir to Carrie and the ladies over four years ago?
Luckily their six glorious seasons of friendships, love and, yes, plenty of sex will live on in syndication forever, much to the delight of old fans and new admirers.
In honor of the 'Sex and the City' movie, we present the ultimate guide to the series' best moments -- those that made us laugh, cry and want to invest all our money in sex toys and shoes.
Things got off to a creepy start with Allison's Carrie-esque dream of Ariel at the spring dance. Not only creepy because of the blood and stuff, but also because of how we know it will effect Allison. It's hard enough having all of the visions in her head, the lending library of horrible images as she puts it, but having it be one of her kids just amps it up. The parallel dream theme was set in motion very nicely in the breakfast scene when Ariel explained that she had the same dream, only with a rose petal ending, instead of the blood.
This is a tough one to call. Carrie gave me chills when she did Roy Orbison's "Crying," and she gave solid performances on Air Supply's "Making Love" and Shania Twain's "Man, I Feel Like a Woman." (By the way, was she wearing hair extensions?) But solid is as solid does: it doesn't necessarily make an Idol.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- September 2014: Don't Miss These 15 TV Shows and Events
- 'Extant' Episode 10 Photos: It's a New World
- 'Bachelor in Paradise' Episode 6 Photos: Brooks & Tasos Arrive to Mix Things Up
- 'Project Runway' Season 13: Ranking the Looks of 'Rock the Wedding'
- Fall 2014 Calendar: 121 Premiere Dates
- More From BuddyTV
- Report: Amazon to Revive The Tick, Starring Patrick Warburton
- Hotel Hell Sneak Peek: 'Everybody Thinks You're a Horrible [Bleep]'
- New Girl Casts Once Upon a Time Prince as Jess' Not-So-Charming [Spoiler]
- Wil Wheaton Project Cancelled by Syfy
- SYTYCD Video: Top 4 Unveil How They'll Celebrate — If They Win
- More From TVLine