There are some things that just don't seem to work on TV. For example, shows with an intelligent teenage protagonist. They get made, they have fans, they even last multiple seasons, but they never seem to break into the mainstream. Or shows about bands. It should work -- hot young people playing catchy tunes -- but ever since 'The Monkees', the formula has needed serious tweaking to take off. Another thing that doesn't seem to work on TV? Stephen King.
The alphabet according to Carrie, Miranda, Charlotte and Samantha
Can you believe we said au revoir to Carrie and the ladies over four years ago?
Luckily their six glorious seasons of friendships, love and, yes, plenty of sex will live on in syndication forever, much to the delight of old fans and new admirers.
In honor of the 'Sex and the City' movie, we present the ultimate guide to the series' best moments -- those that made us laugh, cry and want to invest all our money in sex toys and shoes.
Things got off to a creepy start with Allison's Carrie-esque dream of Ariel at the spring dance. Not only creepy because of the blood and stuff, but also because of how we know it will effect Allison. It's hard enough having all of the visions in her head, the lending library of horrible images as she puts it, but having it be one of her kids just amps it up. The parallel dream theme was set in motion very nicely in the breakfast scene when Ariel explained that she had the same dream, only with a rose petal ending, instead of the blood.
This is a tough one to call. Carrie gave me chills when she did Roy Orbison's "Crying," and she gave solid performances on Air Supply's "Making Love" and Shania Twain's "Man, I Feel Like a Woman." (By the way, was she wearing hair extensions?) But solid is as solid does: it doesn't necessarily make an Idol.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 15 Reasons to Attend Comic-Con with the Gang from 'The Big Bang Theory'
- 'Pretty Little Liars': 17 Moments of Drinking, Spying and Kissing from 'The Silence of E. Lamb'
- Casting Bits: de Rossi on 'Scandal,' Fairley on 'Resurrection' and More
- 'The Bachelorette' Family Blogs: Andi on the Audience Admirer, Closure and the Lie Detector Results
- 'RHONYC': Aviva Drescher Addresses Her Leg Toss
- More From BuddyTV
- Resurrection Casts Michelle Fairley as [Spoiler]'s 'Returned' Mother
- Scandal Books Portia de Rossi for a 'Top-Secret Arc'
- Sneak Peek: Can Last Comic's Nikki Roast Gilbert Gottfried to a Crisp?
- ABC's black-ish Makes Bold (Fashion) Statement in Key Art — First Look
- Ratings: Talent Dips But Dominates, Food Fighters Comes Out Half-Baked
- More From TVLine
- The Rock Explains What Was In His '90s Throwback Fanny Pack
- Zoe Saldana and Marco Perego Expecting First Child (REPORT)
- Vanessa Lachey Shows Off Baby Bump in a Very Strange Outfit
- Hilary Duff's New Music Is Coming Sooner Than You Think
- Steve Irwin's Daughter Remembers Her Dad: Time Doesn't Heal All Wounds
- More From ET