There are some things that just don't seem to work on TV. For example, shows with an intelligent teenage protagonist. They get made, they have fans, they even last multiple seasons, but they never seem to break into the mainstream. Or shows about bands. It should work -- hot young people playing catchy tunes -- but ever since 'The Monkees', the formula has needed serious tweaking to take off. Another thing that doesn't seem to work on TV? Stephen King.
The alphabet according to Carrie, Miranda, Charlotte and Samantha
Can you believe we said au revoir to Carrie and the ladies over four years ago?
Luckily their six glorious seasons of friendships, love and, yes, plenty of sex will live on in syndication forever, much to the delight of old fans and new admirers.
In honor of the 'Sex and the City' movie, we present the ultimate guide to the series' best moments -- those that made us laugh, cry and want to invest all our money in sex toys and shoes.
Things got off to a creepy start with Allison's Carrie-esque dream of Ariel at the spring dance. Not only creepy because of the blood and stuff, but also because of how we know it will effect Allison. It's hard enough having all of the visions in her head, the lending library of horrible images as she puts it, but having it be one of her kids just amps it up. The parallel dream theme was set in motion very nicely in the breakfast scene when Ariel explained that she had the same dream, only with a rose petal ending, instead of the blood.
This is a tough one to call. Carrie gave me chills when she did Roy Orbison's "Crying," and she gave solid performances on Air Supply's "Making Love" and Shania Twain's "Man, I Feel Like a Woman." (By the way, was she wearing hair extensions?) But solid is as solid does: it doesn't necessarily make an Idol.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- The Most Scandalous Moments from 'Downton Abbey'
- 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 20 Official Couples Photos
- 'The Walking Dead': 20 Factors of the New Normal in Alexandria from 'Remember'
- 'Once Upon a Time': 19 Moments of Queens, Creatures and Curses from 'Darkness on the Edge of Town'
- 'House of Cards': The Rise and Fall of TV's Most Powerful Couple
- More From BuddyTV
- Allison Janney Confirms Masters of Sex Season 3 Return
- Salem Season 2 Trailer Offers First Look at Lucy Lawless' Wicked Arrival
- Pretty Little Liars' Brandon Jones Previews Aria's Future With Andrew
- S.H.I.E.L.D.'s Chloe Bennet Previews Skye's Inhuman Crisis — Plus: Will New Secrets Shake Up Coulson's Team?
- Pilot Scoop: The Killing's Mireille Enos To Star in Shonda Rhimes' The Catch
- More From TVLine
- Madonna's 6 Pieces of Wisdom for Kanye West: 'Sometimes He Takes Things Too Seriously'
- This Guy Pretends He Won An Oscar And They Literally Give Him A Car
- Hugh Jackman Might Have the Most High-Maintenance Hair in Hollywood
- Cameron Diaz Says Sex Is Her Secret to Staying Young
- 'Orphan Black' Season 3 Trailer: The Castor Clones Are Here – And They're Terrifying!
- More From ET