There are some things that just don't seem to work on TV. For example, shows with an intelligent teenage protagonist. They get made, they have fans, they even last multiple seasons, but they never seem to break into the mainstream. Or shows about bands. It should work -- hot young people playing catchy tunes -- but ever since 'The Monkees', the formula has needed serious tweaking to take off. Another thing that doesn't seem to work on TV? Stephen King.
The alphabet according to Carrie, Miranda, Charlotte and Samantha
Can you believe we said au revoir to Carrie and the ladies over four years ago?
Luckily their six glorious seasons of friendships, love and, yes, plenty of sex will live on in syndication forever, much to the delight of old fans and new admirers.
In honor of the 'Sex and the City' movie, we present the ultimate guide to the series' best moments -- those that made us laugh, cry and want to invest all our money in sex toys and shoes.
Things got off to a creepy start with Allison's Carrie-esque dream of Ariel at the spring dance. Not only creepy because of the blood and stuff, but also because of how we know it will effect Allison. It's hard enough having all of the visions in her head, the lending library of horrible images as she puts it, but having it be one of her kids just amps it up. The parallel dream theme was set in motion very nicely in the breakfast scene when Ariel explained that she had the same dream, only with a rose petal ending, instead of the blood.
This is a tough one to call. Carrie gave me chills when she did Roy Orbison's "Crying," and she gave solid performances on Air Supply's "Making Love" and Shania Twain's "Man, I Feel Like a Woman." (By the way, was she wearing hair extensions?) But solid is as solid does: it doesn't necessarily make an Idol.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Nashville' Finale: 7 Burning Questions for Season 2
- 'Hannibal': 21 Creepy Moments from 'Trou Normand'
- 'Nashville' Music Videos: Juliette's 'Nothing In This World' & Avery and Scarlett's 'Moon is High'
- Blake Shelton Organizes Benefit Concert for Oklahoma Tornado Victims
- 'The Glades' Season 4 Preview: The Proposal Cliffhanger, a Time Jump and Jim as a Step-Dad
- More From BuddyTV
- 'Arrested Development' Season 4 live blog: The Bluths are back, and we're watching
- Jimmy Fallon's 'Game of Desks' names Seth Meyers the 'real true 'Late Night' heir'
- 'Teen Wolf' Season 3 spoilers: 8 things to know about Scott, Stiles, Derek and more Beacon Hills faves
- 'Law and Order: SVU' Season 15: Mariska Hargitay signs on to continue as Olivia Benson
- 'Arrested Development' Rewatch Season 3 finale - 'Development Arrested'
- More From Zap2it
- Performer of the Week: Tatiana Maslany
- Mariska Hargitay Returning for Law & Order: SVU Season 15 After Closing New Deal
- LOL Video: Will Smith, Alfonso Ribeiro Reunite for Fresh Prince Theme, Carlton's 'Unusual' Dance
- Video: Arrested Development Faves Reveal Everything (and Nothing) About the New Season
- Rookie Blue Sneak Peek: Andy Meets Sam's New Girlfriend, Gets Awkward With Her Ex
- More From TVLine