I have conflicting feelings about this show. Occasionally, there will be something genuinely cool, like a really unique paint job. The rest of the time is just absolutely craziness -- like, beyond "let's throw in a pool-table"-craziness. Sometimes this is part of the fun, but it gets to be a little too much after a while. "We heard you like bunnies... so we turned your truck bed into a petting zoo! WHOO!"
It would not be a stretch to say that fathers and sons have complicated relationships, Yes, I know, so do mothers and daughters and fathers and daughters and mothers and sons. For the purposes of this discussion, let's agree to accept that first premise.
As we've seen during the season, Earl Hickey's past has disappointed many people, not too mention his parents, especially his father Carl (played by the great Beau Bridges). We saw in an earlier episode the many times Carl had to bail his son out of jail for his petty crimes, so it would be fair to say that Carl is not that enamored of his oldest son. (Randy isn't exactly the star of the family either, but he seems to have a longer leash than Earl.)
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- Rookie Blue Boss on Series Finale-Like Ending, Andy and Sam's Wedding, [Spoiler]'s Goodbye and Season 7
- Mistresses Finale: EPs Talk Crazy Killer Reveal, Karen's Alternate Fate and (Fingers Crossed) Season 4 Plans
- Parks and Rec Producers Re-Team for Interracial Family Comedy at NBC
- Blacklist Bosses Talk 'Different Feel' of Season 3 — Plus: Watch a New Trailer
- Hawaii Five-0 Season 6 Promo Features Pirates, Prisoners... and a Proposal?
- More From TVLine
- Hilary Duff Flaunts Major Cleavage in Bikini Selfie
- Teresa Giudice Will Return to 'The Real Housewives of New Jersey' -- But Who Else Is In?
- Pink Stands by Her VMAs Diss: 'I Have No Issue With Demi Lovato or Anyone Else'
- Jessa Seewald Shares New Pic of Growing 8-Month Baby Bump
- Behati Prinsloo Shares Adam Levine's Adorable Shirtless Cooking Mishap
- More From ET