I have conflicting feelings about this show. Occasionally, there will be something genuinely cool, like a really unique paint job. The rest of the time is just absolutely craziness -- like, beyond "let's throw in a pool-table"-craziness. Sometimes this is part of the fun, but it gets to be a little too much after a while. "We heard you like bunnies... so we turned your truck bed into a petting zoo! WHOO!"
It would not be a stretch to say that fathers and sons have complicated relationships, Yes, I know, so do mothers and daughters and fathers and daughters and mothers and sons. For the purposes of this discussion, let's agree to accept that first premise.
As we've seen during the season, Earl Hickey's past has disappointed many people, not too mention his parents, especially his father Carl (played by the great Beau Bridges). We saw in an earlier episode the many times Carl had to bail his son out of jail for his petty crimes, so it would be fair to say that Carl is not that enamored of his oldest son. (Randy isn't exactly the star of the family either, but he seems to have a longer leash than Earl.)
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- Quentin Tarantino Confirms He's Going To Start Making 'The Hateful Eight'
- Sarah Palin Launches Online TV Network Called The 'Sarah Palin Channel'
- 'Mad Max: Fury Road' Cast Gets Creepy & Crazy In New Poster Series
- 'Lucy' Knocks Out 'Hercules' To Dominate The Weekend Box Office
- 6 Beyonce Pictures That Will Make You Want to Take A Break
- More From ET