I have conflicting feelings about this show. Occasionally, there will be something genuinely cool, like a really unique paint job. The rest of the time is just absolutely craziness -- like, beyond "let's throw in a pool-table"-craziness. Sometimes this is part of the fun, but it gets to be a little too much after a while. "We heard you like bunnies... so we turned your truck bed into a petting zoo! WHOO!"
It would not be a stretch to say that fathers and sons have complicated relationships, Yes, I know, so do mothers and daughters and fathers and daughters and mothers and sons. For the purposes of this discussion, let's agree to accept that first premise.
As we've seen during the season, Earl Hickey's past has disappointed many people, not too mention his parents, especially his father Carl (played by the great Beau Bridges). We saw in an earlier episode the many times Carl had to bail his son out of jail for his petty crimes, so it would be fair to say that Carl is not that enamored of his oldest son. (Randy isn't exactly the star of the family either, but he seems to have a longer leash than Earl.)
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- Joseph Gordon-Levitt's 'HitRECord on TV' gets a trailer unlike any show you've seen before
- 'Sleepy Hollow' gets two-hour season 1 finale on Jan. 20
- 'Low Winter Sun' canceled by AMC after one season
- 'Holidaze's' Jennie Garth: 'I've done a couple that weren't so good'
- Nick Lachey on the feel-good 'Sing-Off' and Season 3 winners Pentatonix
- More From Zap2it
- Exclusive First Look: Episodes Season 3 Promo Highlights Sean's Very Best Catch-Faces
- Scoop: Fox Cuts Dads Episode Order
- Low Winter Sun Sets at AMC, Low-Rated Drama Cancelled After One Season
- The Voice: 25 Song Suggestions to Make the Season 5 Semifinals Surprising (and Delightful)
- Scoop: Fox Supersizes Sleepy Hollow Finale
- More From TVLine