I have conflicting feelings about this show. Occasionally, there will be something genuinely cool, like a really unique paint job. The rest of the time is just absolutely craziness -- like, beyond "let's throw in a pool-table"-craziness. Sometimes this is part of the fun, but it gets to be a little too much after a while. "We heard you like bunnies... so we turned your truck bed into a petting zoo! WHOO!"
It would not be a stretch to say that fathers and sons have complicated relationships, Yes, I know, so do mothers and daughters and fathers and daughters and mothers and sons. For the purposes of this discussion, let's agree to accept that first premise.
As we've seen during the season, Earl Hickey's past has disappointed many people, not too mention his parents, especially his father Carl (played by the great Beau Bridges). We saw in an earlier episode the many times Carl had to bail his son out of jail for his petty crimes, so it would be fair to say that Carl is not that enamored of his oldest son. (Randy isn't exactly the star of the family either, but he seems to have a longer leash than Earl.)
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- The 23 Most Romantic 'Bones' Episodes of All Time
- 'Bones' Recap: Avalon Channels Sweets and Brennan Commits a Felony
- 'American Idol' Season 14: Top 9 Performance Rankings
- NBC Sets Summer 2015 Premiere Dates for 'Last Comic Standing,' 'Hollywood Game Night' and More
- 'Dancing with the Stars' Week 3 Spoilers: Songs and Styles for Latin Night
- More From BuddyTV
- Vampire Diaries Pics: What Makes Elena 'Reevaluate Her Life' With Damon?
- Grey's Anatomy Recap: Admissions Department
- Coach Revival Starring Craig T. Nelson Ordered to Series at NBC
- Grimm Star Claire Coffee Previews What to Expect Now That Adalind's Hexpecting (Again!)
- First Supergirl Villain to Be Played by Mentalist Alum Owain Yeoman
- More From TVLine