I have conflicting feelings about this show. Occasionally, there will be something genuinely cool, like a really unique paint job. The rest of the time is just absolutely craziness -- like, beyond "let's throw in a pool-table"-craziness. Sometimes this is part of the fun, but it gets to be a little too much after a while. "We heard you like bunnies... so we turned your truck bed into a petting zoo! WHOO!"
It would not be a stretch to say that fathers and sons have complicated relationships, Yes, I know, so do mothers and daughters and fathers and daughters and mothers and sons. For the purposes of this discussion, let's agree to accept that first premise.
As we've seen during the season, Earl Hickey's past has disappointed many people, not too mention his parents, especially his father Carl (played by the great Beau Bridges). We saw in an earlier episode the many times Carl had to bail his son out of jail for his petty crimes, so it would be fair to say that Carl is not that enamored of his oldest son. (Randy isn't exactly the star of the family either, but he seems to have a longer leash than Earl.)
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'The Real Housewives of Atlanta' Recap: Does Phaedra Fall for Apollo's Stunt?
- 'Glee' Episodes 6.3 and 6.4 Photos: A Love Triangle for Kurt
- 'Glee' Season 6 Premiere Photos: Everyone Comes Back to McKinley
- 10 Unforgettable Moments from 'The Amazing Race' Season 25
- Steroline: 9 Pivotal Moments of Stefan and Caroline's Relationship on 'The Vampire Diaries'
- More From BuddyTV
- 8 Christmas Cocktails That Are the Reason for the Season
- Khloe Kardashian Bashes Rumor She Booted Brother Rob Kardashian Out Of Her Home
- Tim McGraw and Faith Hill's Estate Is on Sale for $18.5 Million
- Kourtney Kardashian Reveals Her Baby's Name
- Harry Styles and Kristen Wiig Dance Party After 'SNL' Performances
- More From ET