I have conflicting feelings about this show. Occasionally, there will be something genuinely cool, like a really unique paint job. The rest of the time is just absolutely craziness -- like, beyond "let's throw in a pool-table"-craziness. Sometimes this is part of the fun, but it gets to be a little too much after a while. "We heard you like bunnies... so we turned your truck bed into a petting zoo! WHOO!"
It would not be a stretch to say that fathers and sons have complicated relationships, Yes, I know, so do mothers and daughters and fathers and daughters and mothers and sons. For the purposes of this discussion, let's agree to accept that first premise.
As we've seen during the season, Earl Hickey's past has disappointed many people, not too mention his parents, especially his father Carl (played by the great Beau Bridges). We saw in an earlier episode the many times Carl had to bail his son out of jail for his petty crimes, so it would be fair to say that Carl is not that enamored of his oldest son. (Randy isn't exactly the star of the family either, but he seems to have a longer leash than Earl.)
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'The Strain' Answers: Secrets of the Strigoi Revealed
- 'Big Brother 16' Spoilers: Was the Power of Veto Used in Week 10?
- 'The Strain' Recap: One Friend is Lost, Another is Gained
- 'Kardashians' Roundup: Kendall Drops Last Name, Brody Feels 'Played' by Kim and More
- More From BuddyTV
- 24 Movie Talks Heat Up (Again): Is Jack Finally Headed to the Big Screen?
- Ratings: Big Brother Down But on Top, CBS Dramas Rise, Wipeout Plunges
- Grey's Anatomy Admits The Americans' Annet Mahendru
- Teen Wolf Sneak Peek: Sparks Fly on Scott and Kira's First 'Real' Date
- Falling Skies Season 4 Finale Recap: Over the Moon
- More From TVLine