I have conflicting feelings about this show. Occasionally, there will be something genuinely cool, like a really unique paint job. The rest of the time is just absolutely craziness -- like, beyond "let's throw in a pool-table"-craziness. Sometimes this is part of the fun, but it gets to be a little too much after a while. "We heard you like bunnies... so we turned your truck bed into a petting zoo! WHOO!"
It would not be a stretch to say that fathers and sons have complicated relationships, Yes, I know, so do mothers and daughters and fathers and daughters and mothers and sons. For the purposes of this discussion, let's agree to accept that first premise.
As we've seen during the season, Earl Hickey's past has disappointed many people, not too mention his parents, especially his father Carl (played by the great Beau Bridges). We saw in an earlier episode the many times Carl had to bail his son out of jail for his petty crimes, so it would be fair to say that Carl is not that enamored of his oldest son. (Randy isn't exactly the star of the family either, but he seems to have a longer leash than Earl.)
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- Scandal Recap: Olivia Defuses a Bad Situation, Fitz Seeks a New VP
- American Crime: Does ABC's Morally Gray Drama Hit Too Close to Home?
- USA Network's DIG: Are You Heifer or Against the New Mystery Drama?
- Pilot News: Originals' Daniel Sharman Checks into CBS Medical Drama LFE
- American Idol Top 8 Ladies Recap: Shock and 'Awww!'
- More From TVLine
- Martha Stewart, Shaquille O'Neal to Roast Justin Bieber
- Josh Duhamel Gushes About Baby Axl, Says He Wants More Kids
- FLASHBACK: Harrison Ford Talks About Flying With Caution in ‘99
- 'Scandal' Tackles Ferguson Controversy With Episode Centered on Police Shooting
- Julie Andrews Opens Up About 41-Year Marriage: 'It Was a Love Story'
- More From ET