I have conflicting feelings about this show. Occasionally, there will be something genuinely cool, like a really unique paint job. The rest of the time is just absolutely craziness -- like, beyond "let's throw in a pool-table"-craziness. Sometimes this is part of the fun, but it gets to be a little too much after a while. "We heard you like bunnies... so we turned your truck bed into a petting zoo! WHOO!"
It would not be a stretch to say that fathers and sons have complicated relationships, Yes, I know, so do mothers and daughters and fathers and daughters and mothers and sons. For the purposes of this discussion, let's agree to accept that first premise.
As we've seen during the season, Earl Hickey's past has disappointed many people, not too mention his parents, especially his father Carl (played by the great Beau Bridges). We saw in an earlier episode the many times Carl had to bail his son out of jail for his petty crimes, so it would be fair to say that Carl is not that enamored of his oldest son. (Randy isn't exactly the star of the family either, but he seems to have a longer leash than Earl.)
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Big Brother 16' HG Derrick Levasseur's Grandfather Dies
- 'Sleepy Hollow' at Comic-Con 2014: Ichabod and Abbie's 'Spicy' Relationship, the New Sheriff and More
- [Video] 'Arrow' at Comic-Con: Watch the New Season 3 Trailer
- [Video] 'The Originals' at Comic-Con 2014: First Look at Season 2, Klaus' Daddy Issues and Returning Characters
- 'Project Runway' Season 13: Ranking the Looks of 'The Judges Decide'
- More From BuddyTV
- Emily Deschanel and David Boreanaz Talk Bones' Big Changes, Booth's Beard and a Volatile Marriage Topic
- Sleepy Hollow @ Comic-Con: 'Whatever You Think Is Coming, Isn't Coming'
- Arrow @ Comic-Con: Season 3 Trailer Has Happy Oliver, Bloody Felicity?! Plus: Scoop on 'Oracle,' Darker Thea
- The Originals @ Comic-Con: Season 2 Trailer, Plus Cast Promise 'Twisted Fairytale,' Vengeful Klaus and Hayley
- Castle's Nathan Fillion Asks: 'How Much Longer Can We Make People Wait for a Wedding?'
- More From TVLine