Oh, that new trend? Talent from abroad is coming here, getting cast on television shows, and adopting American accents. My personal favorite Baltimore's Finest is Domenic West playing Jimmy McNulty on The Wire. He was born and raised in England, went to college in Dublin. In an episode during the second season, he had to speak with a British accent. It sounded fake because I'm used to his American accent.
Ladies and gentleman, after poring over the material given to us during the network upfronts, viewing preview clips of all the new fall shows, and reading your opinions about it all, I have one thing to say about the upcoming 2007-2008 television season . . .
This is one of the blandest fall seasons I have seen in a long time. Sure, there are a few shows that seem promising and mildly entertaining, but nothing that really popped out at me as a clear hit, nothing that got me excited. When I thought about it further I realized why that was: the new season is lacking hype, something that last season had a crapload of.
Well, the network upfronts have come and gone and the viewing public has had a few days to reflect on the new, the old, and the missing of the 2007-08 season. And, as usual, the viewing public is utterly confused. That's because, as is the norm, the networks have shuffled their shows around to make room for their up-and-coming of the past season as well as the hopeful successes of the new season. So, what better time for us to present a complete look at next season's television schedule.
Now, I know what you're going to say, and I'll try to get your voice right when I repeat it. You say 'Rich, why are you posting the schedule now when we can just go to the individual upfront posts and look at them there.' Well, first, I get paid by the post. And second, do you really want to jump back and forth between upfront posts to see if your favorite show is going to conflict with something new that you want to watch? Sure, all those mouse clicks push up our total hit count, but you're going to get awfully tired switching back-and-forth. Frankly, we're just a bit concerned.
Thus, the reason for this post. So, sit back, jump ahead, and enjoy a full look at the fall television landscape. Then, when you're done, go see a doctor because that mole does not look good at all.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Revenge': Winners and Losers from 'Surrender'
- 'The Amazing Race' Season 23 Finale Not So Fast Pass Rankings: How the Mighty Have Fallen
- 'The Amazing Race' Season 23 Finale Recap: Which Team Wins?
- 'Homeland' Recap: Brody's Allegiance is Questioned
- 'Revenge' Recap: Two Fiances are Better Than One
- More From BuddyTV
- 'Blacklist,''Supernatural,''Glee,' and more of the best lines on TV this week
- 'Breaking the Faith': Worldly education in Salt Lake City
- 'The Mentalist' - 'Green Thumb': Back where we started
- 'Homeland' Season 3 episode 11 'Big Man in Tehran' recap: Brody chooses a side
- 'Amazing Race' 24 is all-stars: Which teams are returning?
- More From Zap2it
- Revenge Recap: The Bitch Is Back!
- Once Upon a Time Recap: Curses, Foiled Again!
- Quotes of the Week: Best Zingers From Masters of Sex, HIMYM, Scandal, Tomorrow People & More
- Paul Rudd Hosts Saturday Night Live: Watch Video of the Best and Worst Sketches
- What to Watch Sunday: Race Finishes, Mentalist Fall Finale, Bonnie & Clyde Ride Again and More
- More From TVLine