(S18E01) Yep, we're into the 18th season of Survivor. Why, it seems like it was only yesterday that Richard Hatch was wandering about Borneo naked. Now, don't get me wrong -- I'm a big fan of the show. But what can they show us that's new and fresh after so many seasons, so many strategies? You see, I want to be entertained. I want fresh castaways, fresh locales, fresh challenges ... and even fresh monkeys! After all, no season of the show is complete without a monkey. If I had my way, every reality show would have a monkey.
(S16E05) "Chickens have a pecking order. They peck at the weakest until they kill them. It's just like Survivor." - Chet
The promos this week made this seem like a show not to miss and they didn't steer us wrong. As promised, the tribes were mixed up and one challenge went beyond brutal. Schoolyard picks and wounded people? Now, there's a good episode!
(S15E02) Oh, sure ... it looks sweet and innocent, doesn't it? But it looks like we're in for a season of rough and tumble challenges, lots of mud, and even more blurred spots covering body areas not normally seen on network television. Oh, my.
Heck, the line they used for the title of the episode is all because of those um ... blurred areas. But, I promise you -- the loyal Survivor China TV Squad readers -- there will be no nudity in this review! Wait! Where are you all going? You didn't just come here for the nudity, did you? Did you? Read on ...
Oh, I'm entertained. I definitely see some interesting possibilities coming from the China setting and the castaways themselves. But, after tonight's episode, I have some reservations, too.
I'm the same way with my favorite television shows. Sing along with me ...
Listen ... oo-ah-oo
Do you want to know some spoilers ... oo-ah-oo
Do you promise not to tell ... oo-ah-oo
Closer, let me whisper in your ear ...
Beware -- extreme Survivor China spoilers after the jump!
I realize the main reason that they don't shoot the show in a colder environment is because the castaways would have to be all bundled up and that's apparently bad for television ratings. How shallow have we become?
Jeff answered some questions about the clothing -- or lack thereof -- in the interview and I bring to you those answers ... and my two cents!
Today, CBS introduced the new 16-member cast. You can't tell much about their personalities from the general biographical information given out, but there are a few stand-outs already. For instance, there's a grave digger, a chicken farmer (whose name is 'Chicken'), a Christian talk radio host, a professional wrestler (Ashley Massaro), and a hiking guide from Kalispell, Montana. Okay, that last one is only interesting to me because she comes from my hometown. You can read more about the castaways here.
Survivor: China debuts on CBS at 8 pm on September 20th.
Finally, one of my wishes might come true: Survivor is seriously considering moving the show to a colder climate.
Canada, to be precise. Host Jeff Probst reveals that show creator Mark Burnett is thinking about doing the next season in Canada, because they're running out of jungle/island places to go to. They probably aren't really running out of places to go, but after a while all of these places start to look and feel the same.
Probst is worried that a colder place would a.) be worse for the bodies of the contestants and b.) you wouldn't have chicks in bikinis. Well, for the first concern, I think that's the reason to do it. Give these contestants a challenge the other contestants of other seasons never had. And for the second concern, I have the solution.
Seriously, the show needs a kick in the pants, and a colder world would really reinvent the show a bit.
[via TV Tattle]
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Bachelor in Paradise' Spoilers: Two Contestants Arrive While Someone Has a Change of Heart
- 'Big Brother 17' Spoilers: Who Won the Week 10 Power of Veto?
- 'Bones': 10 Memorable Moments at the Jeffersonian
- The Funniest Quotes from ?Big Brother 17? Week 9
- 'The Bachelor' Book Club: Reality Stars Turned Authors
- More From BuddyTV
- Hannibal Finale Post Mortem: Bryan Fuller on Will/Lecter Love, Bedelia's Last Supper, That Siouxsie Sioux Jam
- Alison Brie and Cast of Teachers Preview 'Shocking' TV Land Comedy
- Downton Abbey Trailer Tees Up Bittersweet Final Season
- Elementary Casts Shohreh Aghdashloo as Papa Holmes' Associate
- Blunt Talk Sneak Peek: Harry Chandler, Reluctant Porn Star?
- More From TVLine
- EXCLUSIVE: Khloe Kardashian Spills on Fireworks Fiasco at Boyfriend's Yacht Party: 'No One Would Just Take That Risk'
- 11 Most Daring Celebrity Swimsuit Moments of the Summer
- EXCLUSIVE: Kris Jenner Sets the Story Straight on Her Kids' Rumors — And Why She Fell Asleep on Kanye West!
- Josh Duggar's Sister Jessa Speaks at Southern Women's Show, Opens Up About Her Home Life
- One Direction's Liam Payne Turns 22! Look Back at 7 of His Hottest Moments
- More From ET