If roughing it isn't your style, consider being in a house without entertainment. Big Brother 11 is casting for the summer season. Sure the prize is only $500,000, but you won't come home with any stomach viruses.
Casting on both shows have been hit or miss. In Survivor: Tocantins, 12 of the 16 contestants were recruited. This includes the latest castoff, Sydney who was recruited from a bar.
If you need to drop a significant amount of weight, this is a good way to go. Sure, it's on national television and is humiliating, but it has been so shockingly successful for so many candidates.
Cities and dates for casting calls are after the jump:
This Flavor of Love-type premise requires some real loons to make it work. Idolator has made a few guesses at who said bad boy might be. They've floated Adam Duritz of Counting Crows, Stephan Jenkins of Third Eye Blind, Steve Harwell of Smashmouth and Fred Durst of Limp Bizkit. I'd find it way more humorous if someone like Eddie Veder or Billy Corgan had decided that they were going to try and undermine the genre by colluding with it, but Idolator's list makes sense. I'd say the smart money's on Durst or Duritz. Anyone interested in auditioning?
In the summer of 2005, Kelly released the first five chapters of Trapped in the Closet as music videos, each ending with a cliffhanger, on MTV and BET. Unable to contain his genius, Kelly introduced a sixth chapter for the MTV Video Music Awards in 2005 and an additional six chapters on DVD in 2006.
Next to K-Fed's rap career, Trapped in the Closet is one of the greatest acts of unintentional comedy to be unleashed on the music-listening public in the past several years. His commentary track is comedy gold, and the chapters have been parodied by Jimmy Kimmel, South Park, SNL, MADtv, Upright Citizens Brigrade and Weird Al. Even his fans have referred to the "hip-hopera" as the "Plan 9 of music videos."
As Julia reported a few days ago, CBS has indeed picked up Mark Burnett's new pirate-themed reality show and now here's your chance to be on it and do whatever it is that pirates do.
Head on over to CBS.com and download this here application form and you'll be well on your way to being considered for the new reality competition which is set to air next summer. Based on this article from ComingSoon.net, it seems the only requirements are that you're at least 21 years old and have a valid U.S. passport. Sixteen finalists will actually make the cut and head out into the open seas to do, you know, pirate stuff. As seems to standard with reality shows these days, the grand prize will be a million
gold coins dollars. Filming begins in March.
Producers are currently seeking audition tapes. You need to get your geek on with a costume, an original idea, and some serious superhero personality. Contestants will be chosen through interviews with comic book creator, Stan Lee (Spider-Man, The X-Men, Fabulous Four, Daredevil, Incredible Hulk). Lee will write a comic about the winner of the contest, making the superhero immortal in the world of comics.
To give you an idea of what producers are looking for, Lee said, "While no one is expected to leap tall buildings in a single bound, our aspiring heroes will be tested on their courage, integrity, self-sacrifice, compassion, and resourcefulness - the stuff of all superheroes."
What would your superhero powers be?
Casting begins on April 6 in Los Angeles. Producers are looking for singers, dancers, comedians, and unique stage acts (Letterman's 'Grinder Girl' comes to mind). Click here for casting call dates and locations.
It's no secret this country has a weight problem, but do you think this turn-out is because people want to lose weight or they want to be on television? Or both.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Game of Thrones' Season 5 Photos
- The 30 Best Auditions of 'American Idol' Season 14
- 'The Biggest Loser' Season 16: Before and After Photos
- 'Project Runway: All Stars' Season 4: Ranking the Looks of 'Always the Bridesmaid'
- [Video] 'Game of Thrones' Season 5 Trailer: Who Will Rule the Seven Kingdoms?
- More From BuddyTV
- Game of Thrones Season 5 Photos: Cersei Schemes, Tyrion Lurks, Arya Arrives, New Faces Emerge
- Parenthood Deleted Scenes Show Seth's Return, Sarah's Roast and More
- Lewis and Clark: HBO Greenlights Miniseries Starring Casey Affleck
- Celebrity Apprentice Sneak Peek: Does Kenya Moore Call Vivica A. Fox Fat?
- Matt's Inside Line: Scoop on Nashville, Supergirl, Castle, Flash, Supernatural, Forever, Grey's, NCIS, Jane and More!
- More From TVLine
- The Top 7 Super Bowl Halftime Moments
- 3 Easy Steps to Fresh-Faced Beauty like Halle Berry, Sarah Hyland & More
- Miranda Lambert Reigns Supreme With 8 ACM Awards Nominations
- Watch This Amazing Weatherman Keep Cool While A Map Malfunction Shows Apocalyptic Temperatures
- Duggar Cousin Confesses She Was Born Out of Wedlock
- More From ET