Of course, for many of us, the question could be "did the Grammys ever matter at all?" But they're asking the question on CNN, and I have to admit that if I didn't write for a TV site I probably wouldn't even had known that the show was tonight (8pm on CBS).
Is this show important to anyone outside of the music industry? And why would it even be important to anyone in the music industry, since I don't think that a Grammy nomination or a win results in more sales to the average consumer. I mean, I don't think music fan buys a CD because the artist wins an award, they buy it because they like the artist anyway, or it was recommended by a friend, etc. In fact, the argument could be made that since the artist/album got a Grammy nomination, it already had great sales, or it wouldn't have been nominated (yeah, yeah, yeah, I know, it's quality, not quanity - but that's in a perfect world. In the real world, sales means accolades).
So tell us: do you watch the Grammys? And if so, why? And do awards go out and make you buy the album?
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Big Brother 17' Week 1: James' HoH Photos
- 'Mistresses' Recap: April and Karen Head Into Uncharted Territory
- 'Aquarius' Recap: Brian Finds Something Scarier Than War
- 'Big Brother 17' Recap: The First Eviction and Kathy Griffin's Takeover
- 'Wayward Pines' Recap: A Deadly Plot Is Discovered
- More From BuddyTV
- Rookie Blue Recap: Father Doesn't Know Best — But Does Sam?
- Wayward Pines Recap: Unsafe Sex
- Mistresses Recap: Extreme Makeover — Home(wrecker) Edition
- Tut's Avan Jogia Talks Twisted Cliffhanger, Shares Pitch for Season 2
- Empire Signs Marisa Tomei to Play Lesbian Billionaire in Season 2
- More From TVLine
- Hilary Swank Has Put Her Career on Hold to Care for Her Ailing Father
- Diddy Avoids Felony Charges for Alleged UCLA Fight
- Meghan Trainor Reveals Vocal Cord Injury, Postpones Shows
- Scott Disick Gets Touchy-Feely With a Woman Who Isn't Kourtney Kardashian
- 'Back to the Future' Turns 30: Why Michael J. Fox Almost Didn't Get the Role
- More From ET