Of course, for many of us, the question could be "did the Grammys ever matter at all?" But they're asking the question on CNN, and I have to admit that if I didn't write for a TV site I probably wouldn't even had known that the show was tonight (8pm on CBS).
Is this show important to anyone outside of the music industry? And why would it even be important to anyone in the music industry, since I don't think that a Grammy nomination or a win results in more sales to the average consumer. I mean, I don't think music fan buys a CD because the artist wins an award, they buy it because they like the artist anyway, or it was recommended by a friend, etc. In fact, the argument could be made that since the artist/album got a Grammy nomination, it already had great sales, or it wouldn't have been nominated (yeah, yeah, yeah, I know, it's quality, not quanity - but that's in a perfect world. In the real world, sales means accolades).
So tell us: do you watch the Grammys? And if so, why? And do awards go out and make you buy the album?
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Dancing with the Stars' Rehearsal Photos: Bindi Irwin and the PenaVegas
- Meet the Teams of 'The Amazing Race' Season 27
- 'MasterChef' Interview: For Charlie and Ailsa, No Trophy but No Regrets
- [Videos] 'Castle' Season 8 Spoilers: Ryan's Paranoid, Kate and Castle's New Family Dynamic and More
- 'Big Brother 17' Spoilers: A New Competition for the Double Eviction
- More From BuddyTV
- Vampire Diaries' Candice King Teases 'Badass' Caroline in Season 7, Talks 'Funny' Steroline Baby Theories
- Ron Perlman Talks Hand of God's Take on Faith, Sons of Anarchy Series Finale: 'When I Was Done, I Was Done'
- Grey's Anatomy Boss Shonda Rhimes Reveals Reason for That McDreamy-Fueled One-Year Time Jump
- Dean Jones of Herbie, the Love Bug and Ensign O'Toole Fame, Dies at 84
- The 100 Season 3: Clarke Gets a (Grounder?!) Makeover
- More From TVLine
- Demi Lovato Pumps Herself Up Before a Show in the Most Inspiring Way
- Q&A: Maddie & Tae Are Headed on 'An Incredible Journey' With 'Start Here' Debut
- EXCLUSIVE: Joy Behar Jokes That 'A Lot of Therapy' Prepared Her for Return to 'The View'
- Janice Dickinson Collapses on Live TV After Reported Bee Sting
- EXCLUSIVE! 'You're the Worst' Sneak Peek: Jimmy and Gretchen Are Awful Roommates (& That's Why We Love Them)
- More From ET