Of course, for many of us, the question could be "did the Grammys ever matter at all?" But they're asking the question on CNN, and I have to admit that if I didn't write for a TV site I probably wouldn't even had known that the show was tonight (8pm on CBS).
Is this show important to anyone outside of the music industry? And why would it even be important to anyone in the music industry, since I don't think that a Grammy nomination or a win results in more sales to the average consumer. I mean, I don't think music fan buys a CD because the artist wins an award, they buy it because they like the artist anyway, or it was recommended by a friend, etc. In fact, the argument could be made that since the artist/album got a Grammy nomination, it already had great sales, or it wouldn't have been nominated (yeah, yeah, yeah, I know, it's quality, not quanity - but that's in a perfect world. In the real world, sales means accolades).
So tell us: do you watch the Grammys? And if so, why? And do awards go out and make you buy the album?
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'The Bachelor' Season 11 Week 2 Photos: Punchlines and Punches
- 'Survivor: Worlds Apart': Ranking the 13 Most Shocking Tribal Councils from Season 30
- 'The Flash': The 10 Most Villainous Moments of Season 1
- 'Wayward Pines' Recap: Things Get Even Weirder and A Main Character is Killed Off
- Meet the Cast of 'Survivor Cambodia: Second Chance'
- More From BuddyTV
- Red Nose Day on NBC: Best and Worst Moments
- Wayward Pines Recap: Rules Are Rules!
- TVLine Items: Mimi Rogers to Evil Dead, BoJack Return Date Set and More
- Major Crimes Spinoff S.O.B. Isn't Moving Forward, Says TNT Boss
- Hannibal Season 3 Trailer: Dr. & Mrs. (!) Lecter 'Want to Have You for Dinner'
- More From TVLine
- Flavor Flav Arrested in Las Vegas on Suspicion of DUI
- Gwyneth Paltrow Is Left Hanging (Literally) on Live TV
- Eye-Popping Fashion From the amfAR Gala in Cannes
- Raven-Symone and Michelle Collins May Be Joining 'The View' Permanently
- 6 Reasons Reese Witherspoon Will Be the Perfect Tinker Bell
- More From ET