Of course, for many of us, the question could be "did the Grammys ever matter at all?" But they're asking the question on CNN, and I have to admit that if I didn't write for a TV site I probably wouldn't even had known that the show was tonight (8pm on CBS).
Is this show important to anyone outside of the music industry? And why would it even be important to anyone in the music industry, since I don't think that a Grammy nomination or a win results in more sales to the average consumer. I mean, I don't think music fan buys a CD because the artist wins an award, they buy it because they like the artist anyway, or it was recommended by a friend, etc. In fact, the argument could be made that since the artist/album got a Grammy nomination, it already had great sales, or it wouldn't have been nominated (yeah, yeah, yeah, I know, it's quality, not quanity - but that's in a perfect world. In the real world, sales means accolades).
So tell us: do you watch the Grammys? And if so, why? And do awards go out and make you buy the album?
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Teen Wolf' Recap: The Pack Searches for Tracy While The Ladies Get a Chance to Shine
- 'The Whispers' Recap: Drill's Secrets are Revealed
- 'Becoming Us' Recap: Does Carly Steal Sutton's Thunder?
- 'The Bachelorette' Recap: Kaitlyn's Secret and Shawn's Jealous Rage
- 'The Real Housewives of Orange County' Recap: Vicki Gets Some Devastating News
- More From BuddyTV
- Teen Wolf Recap: Without a Tracy
- UnReal Recap: There's Something Off About Mary
- The Bachelorette Recap: The Truth Won't Let You Pee!
- Chasing Life EP on Natalie's Discovery, April's Setback & More Season 2 Scoop
- More From TVLine
- Ben Affleck Breaks Social Media Silence After Jennifer Garner Split
- Michael Buble's Son Adorably Reveals Baby No. 2 News!
- Judd Apatow, Jill Scott React to New Bill Cosby Development
- Bill Cosby Admitted to Obtaining Quaaludes to Give to 'Young Women' in 2005
- NSFW! Justin Bieber Bares His Butt on Instagram
- More From ET