What celeb do you look like?
The Biggest Loser - 9/20, 8/7c (two hour season premiere!)
DISCOVERY HEALTH CHANNEL
I Lost It! (Episode: Carla & Shawn) - 9/19; 6:30am, 11am ET
I Lost It! (Episode: Allison & Robin) - 9/20; 6:30am, 11am ET
I Lost It! (Episode: Debi & Bob) - 9/21; 6:30am, 11am ET
I Lost It! (Episode: Dana & Caitlin) - 9/22; 6:30am, 11am ET
Relay For Life: Giant Steps - 9/23; 10am ET
Celebrity Fit Club (Episode: Put Up or Shut Up) - 9/18; 11PM ET
For the full list, check out FitTV: September 18 - September 24.
The network will launch a national morning program from New York, to be hosted by FOX News personalities Mike Jerrick and Juliet Huddy. It will feature news and celebs and music and all that. In other words, another morning show.
This flashes me back to the days when FOX actually did have a morning show. When they took Breakfast Time from FX, changed it to FOX After Breakfast, destroyed it, and then changed it into the Vicki Lawrence Show. Ugh. What a sad end to one of the great morning shows in history.
I know you say your producers are making you do stories about American Idol and Britney Spears, but I think you get just a little bit of glee out of ripping on celebrities. Why else would you agree to not only read the crap on the teleprompter, but engage in no fewer than four minutes of idle chit-chat with gossipers like Michael Musto from Village Voice? He's not funny, by the way. Neither is the chick from the radio station who joined you in bashing American Idol last night. If I want celebrity news, I'll watch an entertainment show or... uh... write it myself (sigh). You, however, should save that celebrity gossip for the Keeping Tabs segment and finish your show on something else: like the search for Jimmy Hoffa. There was so much more you could've done with the guy from the Skeptics Society.
Guest stars. Think of them as spiking the punch. Sure, it's bright red, tasty, and fun to drink already. But dump in that flask of rum and it gets even better. Of course, the type of rum makes all the difference. You start playing around with the cheap stuff that comes in the non-descript plastic container and costs less than a gallon of milk, then you're begging for a headache and hangover. But if you suck it up, mortgage the house a second time, and fork over the newly acquired funds for a juice-box sized bottle of the spiced stuff from an unpronounceable coastal Puerto Rican village... well, you're gonna have a good night.
That being said, five guest stars who didn't give me a headache and a hangover:
1.) Bob Saget [Himself, Entourage] - Saget guested as one of Vince's new neighbors midway through the second season. If we're to believe that Saget's part as himself was true to life, then he's a woman-loving, sex-crazed, brothel addict. As Turtle so wisely put it, nothing is more embarrassing than being "cock-blocked by Bob Saget".
We all know the story: Anna Nicole married a geezer tycoon, J. Howard Marshall, who died (most likely with a big smile on his face) a year later. Smith put in a claim that she is entitled to half of Marshall's $1.6 billion estate, while his son feels he is the only heir.
According to this AP article, it seemed like some of the justices were on Smith's side during arguments, citing the fact that Pierce Marshall is purposely sabotoging any hope Smith had of claiming the money. However, the question being decided by SCOTUS is whether a federal appeals court has the right to decide on a state probate issue.
Either way, I'm sure it was an interesting day in Washington. I wonder if Anna Nicole offered Antonin Scalia a free supply of Trim Spa? Lord knows he needs it.
[Photo: Manuel Balce Ceneta/AP]
- Day 10 coverage
- Day 9 coverage
- Day 8 coverage
- Day 7 coverage
- Day 6 coverage
- Day 5 coverage
- Day 4 coverage
- Michelle Kwan drops out, turns down NBC's offer...
- ...but signs on with Disney.
- Anna asks readers why they aren't watching the Olympics.
- Does Scott Hamilton's stint on Skating with Celebrities hurt his Olympic credibility?
- Our nice, gentle introduction to the project...
- ...Screw that; we're doing it because we think we can out-sketch SNL.
- Nick Lachey seeks spousal support.
- Crumbs is put on hiatus.
- NBC tells YouTube to remove Lazy Sunday video.
- Alec Baldwin is in talks to join Tina Fey-produced NBC series.
- Hubba Hubba! Veronica Mars star strips down for Maxim.
- Character actor Andreas Kastulas passes away.
- Kevin Smith wants to appear on Earl with his buddy Jason Lee.
- Jean Byron passes away.
- John Corbett (Nothern Exposure, Lucky) puts out a country album.
- Bill Gates and Oprah Winfrey cause a ruckus at a San Diego high school.
- 24 show-runner signed through sixth season.
- Shocker: ratings for Arrested Development finale were miniscule.
- Anne Heche to be in ABC pilot.
- So will Chazz Palminteri.
- Shannen Doherty hurt in a car accident.
- NBC brings Joey back, extends The Office.
- Life & Syle reports that TomKat is no more.
- The Apprentice will have less American-born contestants.
- Listen to our second APB podcast.
- With which sci-fi crew are you be the most compatible?
- What is with the mysterious stain on Martha's carpet?
- Readers discuss what food they'd bring to a Seinfeld dinner party.
- Would you work at Dunder-Mifflin?
- What are college students watching?
- Ryan creates an iMix from the songs on How I Met Your Mother.
- Jonathan's day at the Museum of Television and Radio.
- What the hell did Paris Bennett do to her hair?
- Bob is spooked by the Olsen Twins.
- Anna like's the new CD from Idol's Taylor Hicks.
- Bob hates that 2-second satellite
delay on live news remotes.
Wow! Not sure how accurate this is going to actually turn out, but Life and Style Weekly is reporting that Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes are heading to Splitsville.
Holmes, the former Dawson's Creek star, is currently seven months pregnant with Cruise's baby. He returns to the big screen this summer in Mission: Impossible III which was directed by Alias' JJ Abrams. Life and Style is reporting that the couple will work together until the child is born and will then announce the split. They plan to share custody of the child. Once again, Wow!
What about all the memories though? Tom jumping on Oprah's couch! The marriage proposal at the Eiffel Tower! The pregnancy announcement! Heck, we even made Tom Cruise one of the top stories of 2005! I need a new celebrity couple to obsess over!
The Winter Olympics have begun!
- Anna thinks Brian Williams brought too much of the real world to the opening ceremonies.
- Day 3 coverage
- Day 2 coverage
- Local NBC cameraman blogs from Turin (or Torino, depends on your language).
- Viewers get to vote for one Olympic athlete to join The Apprentice.
- The five Olympic sports Anna thinks are worth watching.
- Univision put up for sale.
- Neve Campbell gets engaged.
- Al Franken moves his radio show to Minneapolis; is he running for Senate?
- Elizabeth Vargas of ABC News is pregnant.
- Franklin Cover of The Jeffersons dead at 77.
- Al Michaels traded to NBC for Oswald the Lucky Rabbit.
- CBS shelves Love Monkey.
- Oprah signs deal with XM Satellite Radio.
- Rob Corddry to star in a pilot for FOX.
- A Warren Buffett cartoon is in the works.
- Kelly Clarkson wins 2 Grammys, doesn't thank American Idol.
- Andrea Anders of Joey to star in new sitcom.
- Mike Tirico and Tony Kornheiser to join Joe Theismann in MNF booth.
- Worker on Sam Donaldson's ranch convicted of murder.
- Jon Stewart and his wife have a daughter.
- Ricky Gervais to write an episode of the American version of The Office.
- Reuven Frank of NBC News dies at 85.
- Listen to the first TV Squad APB podcast!
- Dave Chappelle to appear on Actor's Studio.... yeah, you heard me.
- Bob and the readers discuss Oprah's extensive power.
- What channels would you pick if cable was available a la carte?
- Some odd stuff happened on The Daily Show this week.
- Are there good actors who are annoying celebrities?
- Was Teri Hatcher's Grammy gown more revealing than the one J.Lo. wore a few years ago?
- Bob wonders if the Grammys still matter.
- Kim remembers The Jeffersons.
- I spotlight the work of The Office's Mindy Kaling.
- Ryan likes Stacy Keibler... a lot.
- Kim wonders if it was a good idea for Kelly Clarkson to forget about Idol during the Grammys.
- Adam feels the need to defend Maria Bamford.
- He also thinks that
Idol winners being nominated for Grammys is a bad sign.
- Battlestar Galactica: "Sacrifice"
- The O.C.: "The Heavy Lifting"
- The Office: "Valentine's Day"
- Lost: "The Long Con"
- Veronica Mars: "Ain't No Magic Mountain Hight Enough"
- Scrubs: "My Half-Acre" / "Her Story II"
- American Idol: Boston Auditions
- 24: "1:00 PM - 2:00 PM"
- Surface: Season Finale
- Gray's Anatomy: "It's The End of the World"
Nathan Rabin posed an interesting question over at the Onion AV Club's blog. Are there people you admire as actors but hate as celebrities? The first example Rabin gives is Jamie Foxx, a very talented actor in his own right, but a rather annoying celebrity, too. Rabin mentions catching an awful clip of Foxx crooning some horrendous song from his new album on The Tonight Show. I would add that Foxx also has a cloying habit of belting out songs in the middle of interviews. It's really annoying, like those music majors in college who would have "singing conversations" with one another until you wanted to slowly excoriate both of them with a cheese grater.
This is a difficult one for me to answer, because I figure once the actor has done their performance, they're no longer of any real concern to me. However, that's more than a little pompous and it's not as if I'm impervious to annoyance. In fact, I'm constantly annoyed by things all the time. So, off the top of my head, I'm going to go with Robin Williams, who I neither admire as an actor nor as a celebrity, but he did make me laugh once, quietly, for about .5 seconds, sometime in 1983. I guess that's admirable.
So kids, who do you love to watch perform but want to strangle when you see them any other time? The floor is all yours.
Oprah Winfrey has officially signed a three year deal with XM Satellite Radio worth $55 million big ones.
Using all that dough, the proposed new station called "Oprah & Friends" will air a non-stop live feed of her quest to buy a new island. Okay... not really. But it will feature talk programs about fitness, health, and self-improvement. We can also expect to hear from personalities featured in her "O" Magazine. Obviously, Oprah herself will be around for a weekly installment. So if her talk show isn't enough for you... now you can watch her, read her, and listen to her. Does she have a clothing line yet?
Which is why I'm proposing this request to MadTV's Frank Caliendo: get a job as an analyst in an NFL booth. Now.
For those who've never seen Caliendo, he does some pretty good impressions: Al Pacino, Terry Bradshaw, Robin Williams, even President Bush; all of them are pitch-perfect (he does one of the most true-to-life Dubya impressions out there). But his signature impression is of soon-to-be-NBC football analyst John Madden. It's amazing how good it is; close your eyes and you'll swear that you're hearing the man himself. What Caliendo adds to the impression, though, is a sense that the cheese has slipped off Madden's cracker a bit, as he repeats himself, talks in circles, and states the obvious.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Orphan Black' Episode 3.7 Photos: Will Alison Win the Election for School Trustee?
- Summer 2015's Sexiest Stars: TV's Hottest Women
- [Video] 'The Bachelorette': Did One of Kaitlyn's Suitors Fall in Love with Another Guy?
- 'Bones' Exclusive Interview: The Writers Talk Brennan and Booth's Future and a Whirlpool Death
- Did 'Kardashians' Star Bruce Jenner Undergo Sex Change Surgery?
- More From BuddyTV
- Denise Richards Going Full Cougar for New CW Comedy Significant Mother
- Longmire Season 4: Ally Walker Lands Mystery Role, as Series Heads to Netflix
- So You Think You Can Dance: Season 12's Judges (and Mentors) Get Glam!
- TVLine Items: Jimmy Smits Gets Down, Grace and Frankie Renewed and More
- T.J. Miller's The Gorburger Show Gobbles Up Pilot Order at HBO
- More From TVLine
- Amy Schumer Goes After Bill Cosby During 'Inside Amy Schumer'
- Cher, 69, Is Fiercer Than Ever as the New Face of Marc Jacobs
- Bette Midler Weighs In on Josh Duggar Scandal, Calls Allegations Ironic
- The Story of Two Sisters Trying to Return a Lost Camera Full of 'Precious Memories' to Its Rightful Owner
- 'Pretty Little Liars': How to Do Aria's Eye Makeup – Plus 6 Beauty Secrets You Need to Know!
- More From ET