Austin will mentor wannabe wrestlers as they try out for a spot on the WWE roster. The show was previously on MTV, but will now air on USA beginning April 4 after Monday Night Raw.
The wrestler guest starred on 'Chuck' last year.
In other TV news ...
• HBO picked up Aaron Sorkin's new pilot. The series takes place behind the scenes at a cable news show. Keith Olbermann will reportedly contribute on-air rants for the show. [Entertainment Weekly]
• Greg Grunberg is set to star in the pilot 'Big Mike' for A&E. The actor will play a skilled plus-sized San Diego police detective. [Deadline]
• People watch more TV when they're snowed in. Duh. [THR]
"I wanted to show that I was taking my problem seriously," Wahler told TV Squad. "I was revamping myself and showing everyone I'm not drinking."
Wahler was arrested six times for alcohol-related offenses in the last few years before checking into the Pasadena Recovery Center with Dr. Drew.
Unlike a lot of his castmates, Wahler had kept sober for a short time before filming began.
In an interesting feature on rehab shows that ran this weekend in the Los Angeles Times, Dr. David Sack of Malibu's Promises Treatment Center said he worries that the shows take advantage of people in their most vulnerable, altered states.
"Our concern is that people who are in the throes of an addiction should not be signing a release for something that will be shown on TV over and over," he said.
Leif Garrett, a participant in the current season of VH1's 'Celebrity Rehab With Dr. Drew,' told the Times that the 'Celebrity Rehab' crew coerced him into using heroin on-camera after living clean for four days. "They asked to get some footage of me using, and I said, 'I haven't been using,'" he told the paper. "They said, 'We really have to get footage of you using.' Anyway, I was easily talked into showing them."
TMZ.com reports the 18-year-old star is not seeking treatment for drug use.
Her rep released a statement saying, "Demi Lovato left her tour early this weekend in order to seek medical treatment for emotional and physical issues she has dealt with for some time.
"Demi has decided to take personal responsibility for her actions and seek help. She is doing just that," the statement reads. "[Demi] regrets not being able to finish her tour, but is looking forward to getting back to work in the near future."
Not sure why the first season of 'Sports Night' is being released again. Actually, the series has been released as "Complete Series" packages twice now (there were only two seasons), and the 10th Anniversary edition is still available so I'm not sure what 'Sports Night' fan would spend money on the first season alone. It doesn't look like there's anything on it that you can't get on the other set.
- 'The Abbott & Costello Show' - Complete Series Collector's Edition
- 'Alvin & The Chimpmunks' - Cinderella Cinderella
- 'Ben 10: Alien Force' - Vol. 6
- 'Celebrity Rehab' - Season 1
Now, beyond the fact that Dr. Drew is assuming that Haim died of a drug overdose before autopsy results are even complete*, I think he doesn't quite understand (or maybe he does and doesn't care) how much of an exploitative guy he is. So Haim didn't want to appear on your show where you get celebrities to look awful while they live in a house and try to break their addictions? Is that surprising? If I was an addict I wouldn't want to do that show either.
Police have charged Charles Pearson on suspicions that he stalked and threatened Dr. Drew Pinsky and his family on more than one occasion.
Pearson stands accused of posting threatening messages towards the doctor. He also showed up at a radio station event in Los Angeles where Dr. Pinsky does his nationally syndicated "Loveline" show on KROQ.
But not all of the feedback was positive as the celebs came to the end of their stint on 'Celebrity Rehab With Dr. Drew' (Thu., 10PM ET on VH1). Heidi Fleiss looked at Tom Sizemore and said, "Tom, I'm gonna go very easy on you. I look at you, and I feel so good, because you're such a loser. And the thought of bein' with you would turn a woman gay."
Harsh, Heidi. You'd better watch your back, girl. And maybe take a look in the mirror.
Watch the video after the jump.
Well, there certainly won't be a lack of drama this season, as Dr. Drew's cast members, er, rehabbers, this time around includes 'One Day at a Time' star Mackenzie Phillips, she of the recent autobiography that revealed her incestuous relationship with her father, and former couple Tom Sizemore and Heidi Fleiss, whose tempestuous relationship ended in an assault and battery charge. And the rest of lineup: tabloid fave country star Mindy McCready, Dr. Drew's 'Sex Rehab' alum and former beauty queen Kari Ann Peniche, Dennis Rodman, Alice in Chains bass player Mike Starr, 'Real World: Hollywood' alum Joey Kovar and 'America's Next Top Model' contestant Lisa D'Amato.
Pinsky was watching his son Doug play football at Pasadena Polytechnic when a Poly player took a shot to the head. I played football for years, and these things happen. There's no indication that malice was involved in the related hit.
The injured player, Jackson Allan, came off the field and headed to the bench to talk to his coaching staff and teammates. But, as is often the case with concussions and other head injuries, the brain can be deceptive. The condition quickly grew more serious, and paramedics were called.
But, Pinsky got there first to find Allan in a coma -- no longer breathing.
His new VH1 show, the unfortunately titled Sex Rehab With Dr. Drew (Is the title theme Motley Crue's' "Dr. Feel Good?") will take on celebrity sex addiction.
Addiction to alcohol and drugs, or eating disorders such as anorexia and bulimia, are already familiar topics on reality TV. But the VH1 release announcing the new show reports that sex addiction is equally common -- yet harder to identify and more difficult for some to accept.
Think about it. How many comedians would make some crack along the lines of, "Where do I sign up? For the disease, not the cure."
- At 8, ABC has a new Ugly Betty, followed by new episodes of Grey's Anatomy and Life On Mars.
- CBS has a new Survivor at 8, then new episodes of CSI and Eleventh Hour.
- NBC has a new My Name Is Earl at 8, followed by new episodes of Kath & Kim, The Office, 30 Rock, and ER.
- FOX has two new episodes of Kitchen Nightmares at 8.
- The CW has a new Smallville at 8, then a new Supernatural.
- NFLNet has Football at 8, the Jets vs. the Patriots.
- TBS has four excellent Friends repeats starting at 8 (in case you don't want to watch Jennifer Aniston on 30 Rock).
- Cartoon Network has a new Chowder at 8.
- At 9, Spike has a new TNA Impact!
- CNN has the special Escape From Jonestown at 9.
- At 10, FX has a new It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia, then a new Testees.
- Bravo has a new Tim Gunn's Guide To Style at 10.
- VH-1 has a new Celebrity Rehab at 10.
- Also at 10: Sundance has a new Iconoclasts, with Venus Williams and Wyclef Jean.
- At 10:30, Comedy Central has a new Sarah Silverman Program.
Check your local TV listings for more.
After the jump, the late night talk show listings.
The first thing I thought of when I learned the celebrity lineup on the next edition of VH-1's Celebrity Rehab was "wow, this could get ugly." The New York Post is reporting that the celebs involved in the second edition of the show include Jeff Conaway (who was on the first edition but decided to leave before it was over), Gary Busey, Rodney King, Sean Stewart (Rod's son), former American Idol contestant Nikki McKibben, Tawny Kitean, Amber Smith, and former Guns 'n Roses drummer Steven Adler.
This is really sad for all of the obvious celebrities-doing-reality shows reasons, but I'm also a little irritated by Dr. Drew Pinsky, who is the leader/executive producer of this show. Once upon a time I'm sure Pinsky simply wanted to help people, but now, although I'm sure he'd rather see these people cleaned up than going through addiction and other problems (obviously), there's more than a whiff of exploitation in the air. Like Dr. Phil, he could easily counsel these people away from the cameras. Why does everything (and everyone) have to be on television now?
Filming for the season began on Monday and the show will debut in October.
Considering how hypnotized I am by Celebrity Rehab on Vh1, this week's question is very appropriate.
"I'm trying to figure out what show I remember from the 80's here... It was a sword and sorcery/dungeons and dragons sort that has (all I can remember) 2 guys on horses (one seemed to be the main character and the other his sidekick/comic relief) Not much to go on (I think the main character wore white???)"
Today on TV Squad Daily, it's a bad day for headlines. For example:
- Blake Lewis is prepared to catch your underpants.
- K-fed is your daddy.
- You knew it was coming eventually: Celebrity Rehab. Now you know exactly when it's coming: in January.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Dancing with the Stars' Rehearsal Photos: Bindi Irwin and the PenaVegas
- Meet the Teams of 'The Amazing Race' Season 27
- 'America's Got Talent' Live Results Recap: The 1st 5 Acts Advance to the Finals
- 'MasterChef' Interview: For Charlie and Ailsa, No Trophy but No Regrets
- [Videos] 'Castle' Season 8 Spoilers: Ryan's Paranoid, Kate and Castle's New Family Dynamic and More
- More From BuddyTV
- Vampire Diaries' Candice King Teases 'Badass' Caroline in Season 7, Talks 'Funny' Steroline Baby Theories
- Ron Perlman Talks Hand of God's Take on Faith, Sons of Anarchy Series Finale: 'When I Was Done, I Was Done'
- Grey's Anatomy Boss Shonda Rhimes Reveals Reason for That McDreamy-Fueled One-Year Time Jump
- Dean Jones of Herbie, the Love Bug and Ensign O'Toole Fame, Dies at 84
- The 100 Season 3: Clarke Gets a (Grounder?!) Makeover
- More From TVLine
- Janice Dickinson Collapses on Live TV After Reported Bee Sting
- EXCLUSIVE! You're the Worst Sneak Peek: Jimmy and Gretchen Are Awful Roommates (& That's Why We Love Them)
- Is Justin Bieber Sending a Message to Selena Gomez in 'What Do You Mean?' Video?
- Jennifer Aniston Looks Super Fit During an On-Set Workout and We Can't Even Handle It!
- This 2-Year-Old Playing Hide-and-Seek With a Gorilla Is Your Daily Dose of Adorableness
- More From ET