celebrity poker showdown
The former Ed and Stella star is an editor-at-large at the new relaunced Cracked mag, which is going for the hearts and minds of twentysomething guys and not the kids. Mediabistro talked to Black about Stella, how he got the Cracked gig, and what the status is on a State movie (hint: it has something to do with iTunes).
They don't ask him about his appearances on Celebrity Poker Showdown though, which is too bad, since he's been one of the better players on the show. But I guess there's really not much you can ask about that. "So, you're a good poker player, eh?" or "Boy, such-and-such is really a moron, aren't they?"
- "I'm not trying to be sexist, but women do laundry better than men!" - Tom, about losing the challenge and having to wash the team clothing, on Hell's Kitchen.
- "A child born in Africa today has a 1 in 3 chance of being adopted by Angelina Jolie." - David Letterman, reading a list of facts.
- "Everybody lies on their resume, OK? I wasn't one of the Zoom kids either." Joey, about why he lied about having a dance background, on Friends.
- "You think that's a comeback, what about Patrick Dempsey?" - Dave Foley, after Phil Hellmuth mentioned a player at the World Series of Poker who came back to win after having only one chip left, on Celebrity Poker Showdown.
- "What exactly did she need the pianist for?" - Jon Stewart, after showing a clip of Connie Chung on top of the piano, which the pianist wasn't playing, on The Daily Show.
- "Ask about our rips in the space-time continuum and our jacuzzi suites." - voiceover on The Soup, about the movie The Lake House
- "Reuben says he knew someone was using his credit card when his statement showed he had bought something called 'a salad?' - David Spade, on Reuben Studderd winning a lawsuit against someone who used his credit card, on The Showbiz Show.
- At 8, ABC has a repeat George Lopez, followed by a new Freddie, a repeat Lost, and a new (yes, new!) episode of Commander-in-Chief.
- CBS has the new summer show Game Show Marathon, hosted by Ricki Lake and featuring celebs playing The Price Is Right and other game shows. It's followed by repeats of Criminal Minds and CSI: NY.
- NBC has a new Dateline at 8, followed by repeats of Deal Or No Deal and Law and Order. Ugh. Repeats of Deal Or No Deal already?
- Over on FOX, a repeat Bones at 8, followed by a new So You Think You Can Dance.
- The WB has a new Blue Collar TV, a repeat ep, then a repeat One Tree Hill.
- UPN has the movie My Baby's Daddy at 8.
- At 9, the Travel Channel has a new World Poker Tour.
- More Poker: Celebrity Poker Showdown returns to Bravo at 9, with new co-host Phil Hellmuth and players Bryan Cranston, Kevin Sorbo, Jason Alexander, Susie Essman, and Jamie Bamber.
- The Sci-Fi Channel has a new Ghost Hunters at 9.
- Also at 9: Court TV has a new Forensic Files.
- At 10, Fox Movie Channel has Gene Wilder and Richard Pryor in Silver Streak.
Here's a list of notable actors (the full list is here):
- May 31: Jorge Garcia
(Lost), Michael Ian Black (Stella), Andrea Martin (SCTV);
- June 7: Bryan Cranston (Malcolm in the Middle), Jason Alexander, Susie Essman, Kevin Sorbo;
- June 14: Fred Savage, Jennifer Tilly, Brett Butler, Doug E. Doug;
- June 21: Jenna Fischer (The Office), Rocco Dispirito, Mario Cantone;
- June 28: Christopher Meloni; Joy Behar, Andy Dick, Macy Gray
Or the worst thing: you're watching Top Chef, perhaps the repeat from the night before or the week before, and during the episode they'll be a preview of the next episode, and that gives away who does/doesn't go home in the episode that you're actually watching! Grrrrrrrrrrrrr.
They should change their slogan to "Bravo. Watch What Happens Before You Want To Know."
The shows hitting VOD are:
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Grimm': 17 Nasty Surprises from 'The Stories We Tell Our Young'
- The Best 'Bones' Quotes from 'The Spark in the Park'
- 'Once Upon a Time in Wonderland' Season 1 Episode Photos
- 'NCIS' Season 11 Episode Photos
- 'Agents of SHIELD' Episode 10 Photos: Mike Peterson Returns to Fight Against Centipede
- More From BuddyTV
- Paul Rudd hosts 'Saturday Night Live': Kristen Wiig, Fred Armisen, Will Ferrell and 'Anchorman' cast stop by
- Watch 'Downton Abbey's' Season 4 Christmas special trailer
- 'Haven' recap: Audrey and the Troubles go dark in 'When the Bough Breaks'
- 'Cupcake Wars': Justin Willman offers 'Comedy Cupcakes' cheer for the holidays
- FOX's 'Gotham' might star a 10-year-old Bruce Wayne
- More From Zap2it
- What to Watch Sunday: Race Finishes, Mentalist Fall Finale, Bonnie & Clyde Ride Again and More
- Reality Check: Breaking Down The Voice's Final 5! Plus: Alex & Sierra's X Factor Supremacy
- TVLine Mixtape: Your Favorite Songs from The Walking Dead, Grey's, Sons of Anarchy and More
- TVLine's Performer of the Week: Audra McDonald
- Ratings: Shark Tank Draws All-Time High Audience, Bones, Grimm and Dracula Rise
- More From TVLine