Donald Trump's all-star version of his business-minded reality competition TV show has attracted well-known actors, singers and other celebrities since it's debut back in January 2008. Last season alone, the show ran for 11 episodes and proved to be one of NBC's more reliable shows in the ratings.
Among the celebs slated to appear on the show include Sharon Osbourne, Bret Michaels, Holly Robinson Peete and Sinbad.
Well, not so fast, Mr. Governor ...
Burnett, who'll receive a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame later this year, will reunite with 'Celebrity Apprentice' winner Joan Rivers on the upcoming TV Land reality show 'How'd You Get So Rich?' (August 6, 9PM ET). He talked to AOL TV about his new shows, why Joan Rivers is his role model and whether we'll ever see a season of 'Celebrity Survivor.' -- By Kimberly Potts
On April 23, I asked TV Squad readers to vote in an Annie Vs Joan poll. The question was simple "Who should win the war?" At the time I write this line, 43.3% voted for Joan, 35.4% said Annie, while 21.1% opted for Trump to fire them both. That means 21.1% of you are disappointed this week, as Trump decided to make Joan and Annie the two finalists.
No matter if you like or hate Annie and/or Joan, you have to admit that out of the four contestants that were left at the beginning of the episode, those two will offer the most entertaining finale. Now that we know it's officially Joan Vs. Annie, who do you think should be hired?
It amazes me that these reality shows consistently cut their most interesting players because everyone is annoyed by them. And this year's Celeb Apprentice just committed that cardinal sin.
I have my reasons I must watch. Yes, I wondered if Joan Rivers' face can actually show any signs of movement after all of her plastic surgery (it doesn't). Her mouth smiles, but that's about it. Nonetheless, Joan can be so outrageous and spontaneous that she'll crack me up anyway (and my face actually can move with expressions). Having her, Dennis Rodman, Andrew Dice Clay, Clint Black, and some of the others is enough to get me hooked on the show even before the season started. Oh, that doesn't mean I like them all. But I do like my just desserts and Clay got his cupcakes last night.
I mean, really ... Dennis Rodman? Dice Clay? Tom Green? Joan and Melissa Rivers? A Kardashian sister that isn't Kim? No wonder why the only people who leaked the news were Letterman and Conan; they cast is barely even worthy of late-night monologue scorn.
This whole thing seemed fishy from the get-go. On Howard Stern's radio show last year, Trump mentioned how he distanced himself from O.J. (scroll down to 'Donald Trump Calls In' at 9:25 AM) and made it pretty clear he had doubts about his innocence, even though O.J. attended his wedding. Now Trump is having meetings with the guy, even after that whole show-down in Vegas over memorabilia (trial still pending). So what's changed?
One has to wonder if the "leaked info" regarding O.J.'s interest in Celebrity Apprentice was merely a publicity stunt to drum up interest in the show, even just by making more people aware that it exists.
O.J. reportedly is interested in appearing in the next season of Celebrity Apprentice (there's going to be another season?) and has even asked Trump to allow him to participate. From the Page Six article: "Simpson really wants to do it. Trump and NBC are thinking about it, but are being very cautious," their source said. "There's a certain amount of heat associated with Simpson." Ya think?
I'm betting Simpson's appearance on the show will boost ratings in some circles, while others will cry for a boycott of the show. I'm not sure where O.J.'s going to have time to finish tasks for The Apprentice when he's so busy scouring golf courses all over America in search of his late wife's killer. Maybe that will be the final Apprentice task.
Of course, it looks like that's a long way from happening. So NBC has shifted gears and decided to air both of the remaining episodes on a single night. But, according to SCI FI Wire, they won't air in the show's usual Monday night slot; they'll air on Thursday, January 24, at 8 and 10 PM. In between the Chuck episodes will be an episode of Celebrity Apprentice. Well, that makes perfect sense, because the two shows have very similar fan bases. What's that? They have completely opposite fan bases? Who knew?
[via Pop Candy]
- An end in sight? WGA contract negotiations will continue next Monday.
- The cast of Celebrity Apprentice is announced.
- Simon Cowell's personal ramblings: he doesn't like babies but he does like Botox.
Looks like a lot more celebs are lining up to be on Donald Trump's Celebrity Apprentice than I thought.
So far, the Donald has signed Joan Rivers, Carmen Electra, Jim Cramer of CNBC, Naomi Judd, George Foreman, Pete Rose, Tony Hawk, Danica Patrick, and Jeff Gordon. That's quite a mixture of sports figures, comics, and really loud financial analysts. I wonder if Foreman will try to punch Trump if he tries to tell him how to sell things.
Trump says that there are over one hundred celebrities who wanted to be on the show (guess they'll have to wait until Celebrity Apprentice 2). Trump also reveals that Britney Spears and Paris Hilton have some interest in being on the show, and he's going to try to get Lindsay Lohan too. Oh, that would be great if they could be on the same team, wouldn't it? What could their team name be?
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'So You Think You Can Dance' Season 12: Top 18 Performance Rankings
- The Final Rose: Kaitlyn and Shawn's Fairytale Journey on 'The Bachelorette'
- Best 'Pretty Little Liars' Quotes from 'FrAmed'
- Casting Bits: Familiar Faces on 'Fuller House', Chris Browning Joins 'Supergirl' and More
- 'MasterChef' Interview: Prowling the Kitchen with Stephen Lee
- More From BuddyTV
- Degrassi's Top 17 Couples, Ranked: Eclare vs. Fimogen and More
- TVLine Items: Supergirl Villain Cast, Finding Carter Return Date and More
- John Legend Replaces Kanye West as Underground's Music Supervisor
- Trevor Noah on His 'Slightly Different' Daily Show and the 'Immense Pressure' to Make Jon Stewart Proud
- Unauthorized Full House Story: First Clip Pits 'Stamos' Against the Twins
- More From TVLine
- Zayn Malik Throws Major Shade at One Direction, Says He Left to Make '#RealMusic'
- 'Once Upon a Time' Cast Laughs About 'Warped' Romantic Relationships in Storybrooke!
- 'Bachelorette' Star Kaitlyn Bristowe and Fiance Shawn Booth Just Can't Stop With the Intense PDA
- Jessica Alba Recalls Feeling 'Judged' By 'Mean Girl' Moms After Becoming a First-Time Parent
- 'Queen of Versailles' Star Victoria Siegel's Autopsy Shows She Died of Methadone and Sertraline Toxicity
- More From ET