central park west
I'll admit it, I like soap operas. I don't watch a lot of them, unless you count 'Lost' as a soap opera. It has a continuing storyline over many years with many characters, it just happens to include time travel and monsters.
Wait...daytime soaps have had those too.... But I did watch 'Guiding Light' for 30 years and 'Knots Landing' for whatever number of years that show was on -- it was better than 'Dallas' -- and now I've found myself hooked on 'The Young & The Restless' because one day I was too lazy to reach for the remote control after my local noon news was over. That's how addiction happens sometimes.
There was another soap I liked too, back in the 1995. It was called 'Central Park West,' and considering the ratings the show got, I think I'm one of the very few people in the country who can say I watched it and liked it.
Is this the "ultimate collectible" or just kinda gross?
Someone has put on ebay a piece of gum that Jerry Seinfeld supposedly chewed. I don't really know how you'd check something like that. The owner (owner?) of the gum says that he and a friend were walking near Central Park West about a year ago, spoke to Seinfeld, and then Seinfeld threw something shiny into a trash can. It was foil wrapper, and inside was the gum. So they took it.
If you win the gum (bids are at $6.99 right now), you also get a photo of Seinfeld and Michael Richards taken on the Seinfeld set, and a picture of the trash can.
But as the ebay auction says, it's "NOT INTENDED FOR CONSUMPTION." Something tells me that if the show was still on the air, this would make a good episode.
[via TV Tattle]
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Constantine' Recap: John and Papa Midnite Join Forces
- 'America's Next Top Model' Recap: Which Guy's Got Moves Like Elvis?
- 'The Amazing Race' Recap: Which Team is Targeted By the Other Racers?
- Best ?Bones? Quotes from 'The Puzzler in the Pit'
- 'The Vampire Diaries': 17 Shocking Moments from 'Fade Into You'
- More From BuddyTV
- Report: X Factor May Return to Fox
- Ratings: Constantine and Shark Tank Rise, H50 Hits Season Highs
- HTGAWM Post Mortem: EP Talks 'Murder Night' Aftermath — 'You Should Be Worried About Everyone'
- TVLine's Performer of the Week: Charlie Hunnam
- Hell on Wheels Sneak Peek: Cullen Plots His Escape in Season Finale
- More From TVLine