(S05E03) "Because... he's one of my people." - Locke
I really need to get in the habit of taping my mouth shut while watching Lost because my jaw is always on the floor by the end of every episode. Time-traveling has added an entirely new dimension (literally) to the story-telling techniques of this show and the first three hours of this season have been some of Lost's best. The flash-backs always lacked a certain amount of tension because they already happened. On the flip side of the same coin, the same can be said about the flash-forwards because you know they're going to happen. But time-traveling has created this new ripple where nothing has permanence anymore, whether it happened, is happening, or will happen. This is mesmerizing stuff to watch unfold because everything becomes new the second Faraday, Locke, and Co. make a new jump. They may not be altering the ultimate outcome, but they are altering the moment.
(S05E01) "You're gonna have to die, John." - Richard Alpert
Time travel! The future is
now! later! here! gone! beginning! ending! OK, I give up. Lost is back and the future is... well, we don't know what the future is. Or the past. Or the present. All we know is what they were, because now they're just one big time travelin' mess.
As with seasons past of Lost, the fifth chapter of TV's favorite mindf*ck opens by presenting an entirely new storytelling technique - one that demands equal parts patience, attention, and imagination. More than anything, it's a test for true fans because the casual Lost viewer (do they exist?) probably had a hard time moving from A to Z (worst metaphor ever - I know) in tonight's season premiere. That being said, this whole hour gave me my own bloody nose.
- Female, 30s, with leadership qualities
- Female, early 20s, very attractive
- Male, Latino, early 20s, handsome, mysterious quality
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- Best Quotes from 'The Bachelorette' Week 4: 'I?m Tired of Being a Piece of Meat!'
- 'Hannibal' Season Finale Photos: Would Will Really Shoot Hannibal?
- 'Big Brother 15' House Tour: 'Mad Men' with a Twist and a Familiar Face
- 'The Voice' Finale Predictions: Who Will Win Season 4?
- BuddyTV Free Auctions: Win a 'True Blood' Sam T-Shirt or 'Downtown Abbey' DVD
- More From BuddyTV
- 'The Client List' Season 3: Jennifer Love Hewitt's story demands holding up renewal - report
- Ron Howard reads tweets, 'Arrested Development'-style
- 'The Voice': Michelle Chamuel talks final Season 4 performances
- Dan Harmon apologizes for 'Community' rant, rape joke
- 'The Vampire Diaries' Season 5: Arielle Kebbel says Lexi 'most likely will' return
- More From Zap2it
- TVLine Items: Doctor Who Star Books Death-ly Role, Ray Donovan Premiere Video and More
- Ratings: Bachelorette and Mistresses Hit Lows
- Steve Carell Admits His Office Finale Sin: 'I Lied'
- Eye on Emmy: Southland's Michael Cudlitz on Cooper's Journey and That Killer (?) Ending
- Anger Management: Could Charlie Sheen's Clash With a Co-star Derail Its 90-Episode Run?
- More From TVLine