charlie brown christmas
- At 8, ABC has A Charlie Brown Christmas, followed by Disney's Prep & Landing, a new Scrubs and the season premiere of Better Off Ted.
- NBC has the two-hour season finale of The Biggest Loser at 8, then a new Jay Leno Show.
- FOX has a new, two-hour So You Think You Can Dance at 8.
- The CW has two new episodes of 90210 and Melrose Place.
- ABC Family has The Year Without A Santa Claus at 8, followed by A Miser's Brothers Christmas and Rudolph's Shiny New Year.
- At 9, Food Network has a new Christmas Chopped.
- Discovery has a new Dirty Jobs at 9, followed by a new Ghost Lab.
- Syfy has a new Scare Tactics at 9, then the series premiere of Outer Space Astronauts and a new ECW.
- History Channel has a new How The Earth Was Made at 9.
- VH-1 has 2009: That Really Happened at 9.
- Spike has a new Super Dave's Spike-Tacular at 9.
- Also at 9: IFC has two episodes of Arrested Development.
- At 10, HBO has a new Joe Buck Live.
- Bravo has a new Tabatha's Salon Makeover at 10.
Check your local TV listings for more.
After the jump, the late night talk shows.
Pundits and TV viewers from up and down the dial are calling out President Obama for airing his big speech on the troop surge in Afghanistan and preempting ABC's airing of the classic Christmas cartoon A Charlie Brown Christmas. If this causes a move for impeachment, I may never awake from my laughter coma.
Not only was the story the top headline on yesterday morning's Drudge Report, but the pundits really jumped in to turn the President into their own personal Scrooge.
Seven of the greatest Saturday Night Live Christmas sketches ... that we could find on the web - VIDEOS
But deep down, you know that anyone that happy has to be making up for something equivalently dark and sinister. They are hiding a dark secret, something they can't even admit to themselves. You just know that the rises in sick leave usage after she brings her secret recipe brownies aren't coincidences.
Christmas wears the same mask. All it takes is a little scratching to find something dark and funny behind its red and white veneer. SNL has had some great success taking pot shots at Christmas, even during the down times, for this very reason. It's hard not to find something funny about Christmas, but it's hard to keep finding something funny about it long after the turkey has been picked clean and the eggnog has left a thin layer of plaque on the inside of your small intestine. Here are the best of the best.
- At 8 ABC has A Charlie Brown Christmas, followed by the series finale of Boston Legal.
- CBS has a new Big Bang Theory at 8, then new episodes of How I Met Your Mother, Two and a Half Men, Worst Week, and CSI: Miami.
- NBC has new episodes of Chuck, Heroes, and My Own Worst Enemy.
- FOX has a new Sarah Connor Chronicles at 8, followed by a new Prison Break.
- There's a new Gossip Girl on The CW at 8, then a new Privileged.
- USA Network has a new Monday Night RAW at 8.
- Also at 8: BBC America has a new Top Gear.
- At 9, Food Network has the special Dear Food Network: Holiday Desserts.
- At 10, E! has a new episode of The Soup Presents.
- MTV has a new episode of The Hills at 10.
Check your local TV listings for more.
After the jump, the late night talk show listings.
Reader James left this link on a previous post of mine, a clip from A Charlie Brown Christmas overdubbed with a song by heavy metal band Tourniquet. Sorry, I don't listen to a lot of metal, so I couldn't tell you the name of the song, but I'm sure one of you will tell me in the comments. I usually break out my Charlie Brown Christmas soundtrack album around this time of year, but maybe I should download this song from iTunes as well and add it to my Christmas playlist. I don't know what's being sung, exactly, but I'm sure it has something to do with loving Jesus, goodwill towards men, and sipping apple cider around the fireplace ... with SATAN*.
Just for fun, I also included the Charlie Brown / Outkast mashup that hit the Web some time ago. Dance your pants off.
*Some readers pointed out that Tourniquet is a Christian metal band, so my joke doesn't really make sense. I will try to do a better job in the future of pretending I care about Christian metal and its place in the annals of modern music.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- TVLine's Performer of the Week: Kathryn Prescott
- Castle Shocker: Penny Johnson Jerald Not Returning for Season 8
- Chicago Med: Arrow Alum Colin Donnell Joins Spinoff as Series Regular
- Teen Wolf: Five Teases from the Twisted Season 5 Premiere
- American Odyssey: Allison Mack Learns a Big Secret From Odelle's Daughter
- More From TVLine
- Hollywood's Hottest Bikini Bods
- 'Teen Mom OG' Star Maci Bookout Welcomes Baby Girl
- 'Outlander' Boss Talks Dark Finale: Jamie Will Never Be the Same Again
- Kanye West Speaks at School's Fashion Show: 'When You're the Absolute Best, You Get Hated on the Most'
- Duggar Family to 'Share Our Hearts' in First Post-Scandal TV Interview with Fox News
- More From ET