Why have one outlaw biker show when you can have two? I always find it a little odd when you see two movies or television shows pop up at the same time that share strikingly similar premises. And that's what we have here. Sons Of Anarchy, from The Shield writer/executive producer Kurt Sutter, centers on an outlaw motorcycle club in Charming, CA. Clearly much different than HBO's 1%, which tells the story of an outlaw motorcycle club in Carefree, AZ. They're two completely different states after all.
Of course, I kid... a little bit. The shows do have different takes on the subject, and there is a rundown of the development time lines for both of them in the article at The Hollywood Reporter. Sons will focus on Jax Teller (Charlie Hunnam) and the conflict that develops as his loyalty to the club clashes with his trepidation where their lawlessness is concerned. Sutter's wife, Katey Sagal, is along for the ride as Teller's mother. The role of Jax's step-father was played by Scott Glenn in the pilot but will be recast in the series. I'm not sure if there is room for two biker shows on the television schedule, but with Sutter in charge of Sons, and Donal Logue signed on for 1%, I'll have to take a look at both of them.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- True Blood's Anna Paquin to Star in HBO Miniseries Madame X
- Pilot Scoop: Mark-Paul Gosselaar Joins NBC's People Are Talking
- TVLine Items: Problem Child's Dad Cast, 24 Alum Feels Blue and More
- Jada Pinkett Smith Leaving Gotham
- Video: NCIS Alum Cote de Pablo Leads a Tour of the Dovekeepers Set
- More From TVLine
- Cate Blanchett Adopts a Baby Girl
- John Mayer Says He's a 'Recovered Ego Addict'
- Get Miranda Kerr's Vanity Fair Beauty Style
- LeAnn Rimes' Ex-Husband Dean Sheremet Details Her Cheating, Blasts Eddie Cibrian
- 'Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt': Tina Fey and Ellie Kemper Dish on Their Hilarious Netflix Series!
- More From ET