Huh? Why is Bravo showing this again? I thought it was a low-rated embarrassment that the network (and Rocco DiSpirito) would want to put behind them. I know that CNBC was showing the show on a regular basis, but...well, that's CNBC, and they need all the programming they can get. Is Bravo so hard up for programming that they have to show a reality show that not many people cared for in the first place, and show it in the middle of the day to boot?
Chef "returns" to South Park!
- Comedy Central puts episode highlights online.
- Review of the episode "The Return of Chef!"
- "Trapped In The Closet" episode available on YouTube.
- Adam previews Chef's return.
- Fox News reporter says Isaac Hayes had a stroke and did not quit SP.
- Was Paula Abdul almost canned last month?
- Cingular will offer ring tones of the previous episodes' performances.
- Kevin's gone! Finally!
- The Wynn resort in Vegas releases AI odds.
- Lacy gets payback for making fun of everybody's "sick" excuses.
- You, too, can dress like the Idol contestants!
- AI website soliciting butt-kissing videos to air during show.
- Did Chris Daughtry steal his unique style from
- Buck Owens of Hee Haw dead at 76.
- Huffington apologizes for fake Clooney blog entry, but not to Clooney.
- American Dad comes back on April 23.
- Bones renewed for a second season.
- Dancing champ Lachey gets gig on Miss USA Pagent.
- Patricia Heaton may get her own talk show.
- 60 Minutes to air web-exclusive content on Yahoo.
- Goodbye, Love Monkey: Cavanagh signs for new pilot.
- The Simpsons to use British live-action opening... tonight!
- Veronica Mars moving to Tuesdays.
- WB website has uncut version of Bedford Diaries pilot.
- Fred Savage and his wife are going to have a baby.
- Speculation abounds that Nancy Grace will replace Larry King.
- Jon Stewart named host of the Peabody Awards.
- The kid from Love Monkey releases a new CD.
- Colbert gets a book deal.
- NBC mercifully yanks Four Kings.
- The Simpsons, King of the Hill get renewed.
- Listen to the seventh APB podcast.
- Listen to the fourth Grey's Anatomy podcast.
- Can Spike TV get any more manly without taking steroids?
- What would Aaron Brown be like as a game show host?
- Bob wants to know what happened on The Loop.
- Is Melrose's Amanda the source of all office bitchery?
- What are the best Simpsons guest stars?
- Who is the sexiest actor on Lost?
- Are The Shield's characters unlikable? And does it matter?
- I interview Mindy Kaling of The Office.
- Which shows died before their time?
- Shows Bob would like to see combined.
- Shows that should never be on the big screen.
- Guest stars the
Jonathan actually liked seeing.
- Bob finds out who the hottie in the Mercury commercials is.
- Bob wants to know why his NewsRadio DVD seems edited.
- Rich discusses Gideon's Crossing.
- Here's the TVS Birthday Contest winner!
- I want to know why weather forecasters act surprised by the weather.
Speaking of Chef and Scientology and all things wacky... South Park fans have launched a campaign to boycott this summer's release of Mission: Impossible III, starring Tom Cruise.
[Via Pop Candy]
[This episode review contains spoilers]
Isaac Hayes' time spent on South Park was no accident. He was the always the first and only choice to play Chef, and creators Trey Parker and Matt Stone worked hard to convince him their silly little cartoon would be worth doing. Over the better part of a decade, Hayes seemed to really embrace both the character and the show's brutal satire.
And until a few days ago, everything remained seemingly copacetic. Suddenly, however, Hayes left the show over its jabs at religion, leading many, including the show's creators, to believe he had actually left the show over the "Trapped in the Closet" episode which made fun of Tom Cruise and the Church of Scientology, of which Hayes is also a member.
They also have clips from a hilarious bit on Jimmy Kimmel where Isaac Hayes' new job is to do all the voiceover for Tom Cruise.
[Via The Superficial]
The new season of South Park kicks off tomorrow evening, and if you've been watching the promos, you might have noticed the newest episode will supposedly focus on Chef's return to South Park.
But wait, didn't Isaac Hayes, the man who plays Chef, leave the show over its satirical jabs at religion (*cough* Scientology *cough*)? Yes, in fact, he did, which is leading to some speculation as to exactly how his character will be used and whether Parker and Stone plan to use the episode to make fun of Hayes and the whole Scientology debacle. Of course, some are speculating there's more to Hayes' departure than we realize. Remember that since South Park is created on computers it's easy to throw together an episode at the last minute, and possibly that's what happened here. According to a network synopsis of the episode, Chef returns to South Park, but with noticeable changes in his personality, and the boys try to help him get back to normal. Seems like even if the show turns out not to be about the recent rhubarb, its creators are using it to get people intrigued about the new episode.
Chef has always been one of my favorite characters... I'm too distraught to even make a chocolate salty balls joke.
Hell's Kitchen did pretty well for FOX last year, winning the coveted 18-49 demographic in its time slot. New episodes begin June 12. Will you watch?
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- Disney Channel's Jessie Spinoff Gets Title, Premise, Cast Additions
- Grey's Anatomy's Latest Death: How Does It Rank Against Other TV Kills?
- Revenge: Will 'Star-Crossed' Emily and Jack End the Series Together?
- TVLine Items: ER Doc Meets the Dome, Luke/Laura Reunion and More
- Scandal Blind Item: Olivia to Hire New Gladiator (It's Someone We've Met!)
- More From TVLine
- Bruce Jenner, a Complete Timeline: From Olympic Gold Medalist to Reality Star
- How to Look Effortlessly Chic in a Jumpsuit Like Chrissy Teigen & Gwyneth Paltrow
- New 'Harry Potter' Fan Theory Suggests Maybe the Dursleys Weren't So Bad After All
- 8 Things Bruce Jenner Said About the Price of Fame, From 1976 to Now
- Chrissy Teigen Is Anti-Photoshop: 'We Forgot What Normal People Look Like Now'
- More From ET