Ms. Williams spoke of being a little kid in Hollywood, and having famous stars as her neighbors -- including Kenny Rogers, Sonny and Cher ... and Johnny Carson, who lived right across the street from her. Since tour buses stopped there to look at Johnny Carson's house, the young Ms. Williams opened up a business called "The Johnny Carson Lemonade Stand" -- in order to separate some of the tourists from their money.
The lemonade stand idea was Johnny Carson's own suggestion. While discussing the topic, host Craig Kilborn hinted that Johnny might have wanted a share of the profits from the lemonade. Ms. William neither confirmed nor denied this.
She also released a CD last November, called Suckin' It For the Holidays, which had almost nothing to do with the holidays. There was very little overlap between the special and CD. Griffin has released a steady stream of specials for the past several years, in addition to shooting her reality show, My Life on the D-List.
By the way, Thomas didn't even get to throw a football last night. Dave knocked the meatball off before he could even get a football in his hands. [Watch clips and episodes of The Late Show and other shows at SlashControl.]
Okay, that's not a real scene from the life of Alec Baldwin, but it might as well be. About a year and a half ago, Alec was kvetching about turning 50 years old and how he only cared about the Emmys honoring 30 Rock, and his plans to quit the business.
And now he's done it again. In an interview with Men's Journal, promoting his new movie with Meryl Streep and Steve Martin called It's Complicated, Alec Baldwin says he will quit acting in 2012 when his 30 Rock contract comes to an end.
- "I mean, if we can have a bajillion stripper movies, can't we have a least a handful or 50 library flicks that not only entertain, but also do great things for the communities across the country?" I couldn't have said it better myself. Check out how a movie starring Parker Posey may save a library.
- Chris Rock was on Oprah today talking to women about his new documentary Good Hair. It sounds absolutely fascinating to me, and is already stirring up a lot of Controversy. Check out the review on Cinematical.
- I love a good scary movie, and it seems as though the upcoming Paranormal Activity fits the bill. Cinematical interviews writer-director Oren Peli.
- The movie Burlesque sounds absolutely insane: Cristina Aguilera, Cher, Stanley Tucci, and now Veronica Mars herself, Kristen Bell has joined the cast.
- Speaking of the lovely Kristen Bell, her movie, Couples Retreat, opens this weekend. Check out the review on Cinematical.
Before YouTube, camera phones and celebreality-TV, the best Hollywood catfights, feuds and fracases happened behind the scenes.
Some of the most salacious scandals were never caught on camera, but their fallout is the stuff of legend.
We dig deep -- from before the advent of the Internet and since -- to name our picks for TV's top 20 off-screen scandals of all time.
Back in April, the networks sued the FCC and asked an appeals court to invalidate the Commission's charges of indecency against NYPD, Early Show and Fox's broadcast of the Billboard Music Awards in 2002 and 2003 on the grounds that the charges were unconstitutional.
ABC got off easy. The NYPD Blue episodes that used the words "dickhead" and "bullshit" were let off the hook because they aired several years ago - before the FCC upped its fines 10x, post-Janet wardrobe malfunction.
Well, the new Today Show host has officially had her most embarrassing moment on the show, on the annual Halloween show.
Of course, I'm not sure what's more embarrassing, the fact that Vieira got stuck in a giant clam that was supposed to come out from behind a glittery curtain (you can see the stagehands trying to pull the clam out from behind the curtain) or the fact that Vieira decided, for some reason, to dress like...Bette Midler??
You get to see Matt Lauer dressed as Jack Sparrow and Al Roker as that squidface (?) thing from The Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest. Natalie Morales was Madonna, and Ann Curry was a very annoying Cher. Click here, then click on "Video: Today crew reveals costumes."
[via TV Newser]
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- [Video] 'The Bachelor' Season 19: Estrogen Mayhem and a Pregnancy Test
- 'The Originals' Episode 2.9 Photos: Mommy, Daddy and Hope!
- If I Am Going Down That Dark Alley Then I Want These Characters With Me
- 'The Flash': The Good and Evil from 'Power Outage'
- 'The Vampire Diaries' Winter Finale Photos: Christmas Memories
- More From BuddyTV
- Emily Deschanel Talks Bones Season 11: 'I'm Up For It!"
- Forever Video: Henry and Jo Want to Know Who Put Out a Hit on This Brit
- The Missing Sneak Peek: Emily Finally Says What She's Really Thinking
- Fall TV Report Card: Are Your Freshman Faves Making the Grade? Have Any 'Doomed' Noobs Dodged the Axe?
- Real World's Ryan Knight Dead at 29
- More From TVLine
- How 9 Celebs Set Their Thanksgiving Tables and Celebrated with Family
- 9 Topics to Talk About During Thanksgiving Dinner (That Won't Start Any Family Fights)
- As New Cosby Accusers Come Forward, Legal Options Remain Limited
- Watch Michael Douglas Sneak Up On His Legendary Dad
- 14 Foolproof Tips For Conquering America's Favorite Holiday: Black Friday
- More From ET