Television in 2010 proved to be quite a rollercoaster, with highs ('Walking Dead,' the 'Lost' finale, the Rally to Restore Sanity and/or Fear) and lows (the late night war, a weak fall season) alike. It was the year 'Glee' blew up into a phenomenon, Betty White took over pop culture and The Situation became a household name.
So what's in store for TV fans in 2011? Here are 10 things we're looking forward to this coming year ...
I'll have much more on the Fox drama when it premieres Feb. 7, but I thought I'd take the opportunity to delve into the whole name switcheroo with the show's lead actors, Jason Clarke and Matt Lauria, and with supervising producer Davey Holmes, who wrote the episode that was being shot that day.
As Lauria and Clarke filmed a scene in which they pursued a bank robber from an El train, Holmes said that the search for a new name went on for over a month and involved dozens if not hundreds of possible monikers.
"From [creator] Shawn [Ryan] to from the writers' assistants, we were all making lists and lists of names," said Holmes, a veteran of 'Pushing Daisies' and 'In Treatment.'
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- Justin Bieber Roast: Ron Burgundy, Monkey Lovin' and 13 Other Highlights
- Castle Hints More at Beckett's Future — Plus: Watch RySpo 'Get Lucky'
- Dancing With the Stars Week 3 Results: Did the Right Couple Go Home?
- The Voice Recap: TKO and Sympathy
- Arrow/Flash Spinoff Taps Doctor Who Alum as Time Traveler Rip Hunter
- More From TVLine
- Kate Holmes on Angelina Jolie's Kids' Choice Awards Speech: She's an Inspiration
- 3 Stars Who Totally Owned the Justin Bieber Roast
- Star Sightings March 2015
- FLASHBACK: ‘Tommy Boy' Turns 20! Behind the Scenes With Chris Farley and David Spade
- Zayn Malik's First Solo Song Is Out (and Some One Direction Fans Aren't Happy)
- More From ET