But, as the show ramps up the action content and significantly sweetens its visuals, its increased intensity might be driving away some younger viewers.
As The Clone Wars moves through its second season, the war is growing -- both in scope and violence. Viewers are seeing more dead Clonetroopers, more crashed vehicles and more beloved characters in deadly jeopardy.
Its ratings continue to cruise in hyperspace (especially for males), but I wonder if the darker tones of season two could drive younger kids and their parents away from the show.
Tonight at 9:00 p.m. on the Food Network, Al Roker will host Childhood Obesity: Danger Zone, a special that delves into the obesity epidemic that now affects more than 12 million children in America. The special will focus mostly on children, including: a teenager who weighs 500 pounds; the public policy initiative put in place by Arkansas governor Mike Huckabee to help overweight children; and a doctor who teaches kids how to shop for healthy food.
Have you ever come across a show you used to watch as a kid and realized there was a lot of stuff that went over your head? I'm talking about those shows you enjoyed as a kid, but also enjoyed as an adult because they seemed to work on two different levels. Well, maybe it would help my explanation if I just dove right in and listed five shows I loved as a kid, and then rediscovered as an adult. If this triggers any memories, let it all out in the comments. Onward:
Batman: The old Adam West series was reran when I was younger, and I love it for its comic book / pop art aesthetic, kooky villains, and nutty fight scenes. What I didn't realize until I was older was how clever the show really was, and that it was actually very self-aware and downright hysterical at times. I don't know if I could imagine West playing a "serious" Batman, but I can't imagine anyone else in this role.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Arrow': 18 Shocking and Vengeful Moments from 'The Magician'
- Meet the Designers of 'Project Runway: All Stars' Season 4
- 'Sons of Anarchy': 17 Shocking Moments from 'The Separation of Crows'
- 'Nashville' Recap: Will Rayna Choose Career Over Romance?
- 'American Horror Story: Freak Show' Recap: Edward Mordrake's Hellish Carnival Gets a New Freak
- More From BuddyTV
- Game of Thrones Cast Re-Ups for Seventh (and Final?) Season
- TVLine Items: The Sons Storm Conan, Devious Maid Visits Virgin and More
- Resurrection Sneak Peek: What's Bellamy's Age Again...?
- Major Crimes Casts Tuc Watkins in Season-Ending Arc... as Stroh's Savior?
- Meet CBS' Supergirl (and Her Sister), Get Scoop on Kara's Big Entrance
- More From TVLine
- T-Pain Sings Without Auto-Tune and It's Awesome!
- Emma Watson On Her Famous Feminist UN Speech: It Wasn't Easy
- EXCLUSIVE: Ben Affleck, Kristen Stewart and Robert Downey, Jr. to Attend Hollywood Film Awards
- Shemar Moore Says He's Getting 'Hanky Panky' on 'Criminal Minds'
- Teresa Giudice's 13-Year-Old Daughter Makes Sexy Music Video
- More From ET