(S02E14) "You are one strange freak, man." - gang member to Jane.
Detective Cho is like the Sgt. Friday of 'The Mentalist.' He's serious, determined, no nonsense, by the book. Only I think Jack Webb used to smile a lot more than Cho does. It's great to see Cho (Tim Kang - a good actor), my favorite character on the show after Patrick Jane, get an A plot in an episode.
Wow, Cho is a bit of a hard-ass, eh? You can see how hard he has worked to get away from his past, joining the Army and all that, and he really doesn't have any patience or sympathy for the people he left behind. At least we think that at first.
As I've said before, I'd watch a spinoff with Cho as the lead.
(S02E02) Tonight's episode of The Mentalist was an incisive look at how the ... HEY THAT WAS STARSKY!
Yes, Paul Michael Glaser made an appearance in this episode, and it's good to see him in something else besides those fix-your-credit commercials.
This season seems to be about the personal lives of Jane and Lisbon a lot more than the first season was, how the search for Red John is affecting both of them (Jane is on the outside of the investigation; Jane is seeing a psychiatrist because of what happened in the season finale). Last season I didn't want every other episode to be about Red John, and I still don't, but I'm more intrigued by the Red John investigation than the murder-of-the-week. Where last season the tension in the CBI regarding cases and who was in charge was scattered here and there; that tension seems to be a theme this second season.
(S01E14) "There's no business like Cho business." -- Patrick Jane
I'm not quite sure how The Mentalist does it. At the beginning of every episode, I want to think that it's just a typical procedural and that nothing really sets it apart. Usually, it is Simon Baker who wins me over and makes me think differently. However, tonight it was all Cho.
We started off with Cho questioning Walcott about his wife Claire's murder. When the weasel threatens Cho's job if he doesn't give the name of Claire's lover, saying that he can have Cho's job with one phone call, Cho deadpans, "That's impressive. The best I can get with one phone call is a pizza."
(S01E06) The title of this episode is hilarious. We've got the "red" that has been in every episode title of The Mentalist so far, but the "red-handed" refers to the murderer stealing from the casino. Add in the layer that the show opens with the victim's dismembered hand in the middle of the road in Vegas, and tongue-in-cheek doesn't quite do it justice. Very clever, writer guys.
But again, not so clever with concealing the guilty party from the viewers. Um, so why wouldn't we suspect the (really, like I'd spoil this tid-bit before the jump?) ...
On the same day he shot 32 people to death on the campus of Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University, Cho Seung-Hui sent a package to NBC News.
According to MSNBC, the package contained video, a photograph and a written communication. At one point in the video, Seung-Hui said, in reference to the massacre, "This didn't have to happen." The package was sent between the time he shot two people to death in a dormitory and before he killed thirty more in another building.
NBC News turned the contents over to the FBI, and in a blog post today anchor Brian Williams said that some of the contents of the package would be discussed on tonight's broadcast.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'The Bachelor' Week 5 Photos: A Hot Air Balloon Date
- 'The Vampire Diaries' Episode 6.14 Photos: Stefan and Caroline Get Closer
- Best 'Suits' Quotes from 'Enough is Enough'
- [Video] 'American Idol' One Singer to Watch: Maddy Hudson Performs a Beyonce Song with Emotion
- 'Scandal' Interview: Darby Stanchfield on Abby's Upcoming 'Gladiator Moments'
- More From BuddyTV
- Jessica Jones' BFF Is a Real Hellcat: Rachael Taylor Cast as 'Patsy' Walker
- Pilot News: NBC Orders Adaptation of Andy Samberg's Cuckoo Comedy
- 12 Monkeys: Originals Actor Previews His 'Scary,''Delicious' Rabble-Rouser, Plus: Cole Jumps Into an Outbreak
- Pilot Season '15: Scoop on This Fall's (Possible) New Shows, Who's In Them
- New Once Upon a Time Season 4B Poster Deals Three Queens
- More From TVLine
- EXCLUSIVE 'Scandal' Secrets: Get Ready For the 'Biggest Surprise' in the Show's History!
- Kanye West Sweetly Serenades North West In 'Only One' Video
- Vine Star Asks Selena Gomez to Prom in Epic Dance Video
- 7 Most Gut-Wrenching Moments from 'Parenthood' That Made You Ugly Cry
- Lindsay Lohan Tries to Pass Off Meeting Fans as Community Service
- More From ET