While he did open his speech with the expression, "Bloody hell!" he promised to keep it at least cleaner than his co-star did. "I'm not going to drop the f-bomb like she did," he said of Leo. "I've done that plenty before."
'The Fighter' won two of its four nominations, as Melissa Leo and Christian Bale received statuettes. Dickie Eklund, the man whom Bale played in the biopic, surprised him onstage. "How do you like me now?" Eklund joked.
In television, notable wins included Betty White for female actor in a comedy series ('Hot in Cleveland'), and Alec Baldwin's fifth consecutive SAG victory for '30 Rock.'
On the new episode (Wed., 10PM ET on Comedy Central), we follow the continuing adventures of Eric Cartman as "The Coon." Cartman is a self-styled "Batman-esque" caped crusader, and like the Dark Knight, Eric has very clear-cut ideas about what is right and what is wrong.
As Cartman narrates in full-on, hyperbolic Christian Bale-mode, we get the full info about the evil forces that he opposes. "The Coon's" greatest enemies include the following: "hippies," trendy supermarket chain 'Whole Foods' -- and floppy-haired teen sensation Justin Bieber. Now, Cartman must "take out" his greatest enemy. But is he strong enough to stop Mr. Bieber?
It's pretty funny, though it probably goes on a little bit too long. Jordan is ranting at the cameraman because he dares to film him while he's trying to act. They should actually show this at the end of one of the episodes, or maybe as an extra on the next DVD set. At one point you can even hear Tracy make a reference to TMZ.
It could be a little NSFW, though all of the bad words are bleeped out. For the record, Bale has effin' apologized.
- So, if in The Curious Case of Benjamin Button, Brad Pitt starts off as a tiny old-man, why wouldn't he end up as a giant baby? Cinematical has the answer.
- When we were in high school, my friends and I got together with a VHS camcorder and made Scream 4. It was pretty amazing. What's weird is that even though we didn't get a film deal, Scream 4 is heading to theaters. Neve Campbell needs a job, people.
- Granted, I've missed a lot of movies in the theaters this year, but I still think The Dark Knight is one of the best films of the year. What do you think? Check out Cinematical's top 10 list.
- Hey, want to see something really creepy? Jerry O'Connell and his wife, Rebecca Romijn, are putting her maternity leave to good use by making Mystique and Me, a new Funny or Die video. It's quite funny and quite disturbing.
- As much as I enjoyed The Dark Knight, I don't think Maggie Gyllenhaal and Christian Bale had a ton of chemistry -- at least not enough to make it onto the Cinematical Seven's Best On-Screen Chemistry of 2008 list.
Did you even know there was going to be a fourth film in the Terminator series? Yup, and it's going to star Christian Bale, Sam Worthington, and Anton Yelchin (Huff and Chekov in the new Star Trek movie). Sorry, Arnold Schwarzenegger is busy being the Governor of California, but there another name added to the cast, and what a cool name it is.
Moon Bloodgood, who played Livia in Journeyman and Rita in the short-lived Daybreak, is about to sign on to the new sci-fi movie, Terminator Salvation: The Future Begins. The film will be directed by McG (he directed the Charlie's Angels big screen movie) and is the first film in a planned trilogy. Bale will play John Connor (currently played by Thomas Dekker on FOX's The Sarah Connor Chronicles)., fighting evil robots after most of mankind has been destroyed. I have no idea if this plot will make sense with what is currently going on in the FOX show (or in the previous movies, for that matter), but thinking too much about all of it will give you a headache anyway, so just accept whatever happens.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Nashville' Finale: 7 Burning Questions for Season 2
- 'Hannibal': 21 Creepy Moments from 'Trou Normand'
- 'The Glades' Season 4 Preview: The Proposal Cliffhanger, a Time Jump and Jim as a Step-Dad
- 'True Blood' Beginnings: Everything You Need to Know about Lafayette Reynolds
- 'The Bachelorette' Season 9 Premiere: 3 Tips to Being Prepared
- More From BuddyTV
- Fall TV 2013: Where did all the gays go?
- 'Arrested Development' Rewatch: Season 3, episode 12 - 'Exit Strategy'
- 'Arrested Development' is a good 'Game of Thrones' replacement this weekend
- Jennifer Hudson will judge 'American Idol' in Season 13: Other alums expected
- 'Arrested Development' Season 4 clips include an ostrich, bees and more Bluth insanity
- More From Zap2it
- The TV Season in Review: Breaking Is Bad, Bloody Is Good and 17 Other Lessons Learned
- What to Watch: Your Guide to 35 Memorial Day Weekend Marathons and Specials!
- TVLine Items: Cult Returns to The CW, New True Blood Promo Declares War on Vamps and More!
- Where Was Nashville's Alien Invasion? Mad Men's Dopest Trip? Chicago Conundrum? And More Qs!
- Ratings: Hell's Kitchen Rises, Save Me Scores NBC Low, Hannibal Dips, Old Bang Tops Night
- More From TVLine