September 1, 2014
by Chris Jancelewicz, posted Dec 8th 2009 11:59PM
Known as 'The Moustache' and 'The Dark Knight' on long-running CBS soap opera 'The Young and the Restless', Eric Braeden's character Victor Newman is the very definition of daytime TV icon. Even people who have never seen an episode in their lives know his name, his face, and his powerful low voice.
In the fall of 2009, 'Y&R' announced that Braeden would be leaving the show, citing contractual differences. What followed is perhaps one of the most raucous, vehement reactions to a soap star exiting in television history. People wrote; people blogged; people vented the world over – what would 'Y&R' be without Victor Newman?
After filming his last episode, which, for the record, runs through the actor's tenure on the show and compiles a series of clips ranging from his first appearances in the 80s to his latest conquests in the 00s, Braeden and the studio reached a last-minute agreement to keep him on the show. No details have been released, but Braeden seems amicable about the whole thing. If only we were that forgiving!
AOL TV Canada sat down and spoke with Braeden about what's it like being back on the show, whether Victor is a changed man after his various ordeals, and what he thinks of his cast mates.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'The Strain' Recap: One Friend is Lost, Another is Gained
- 'Kardashians' Roundup: Kendall Drops Last Name, Brody Feels 'Played' by Kim and More
- 'Big Brother 16' Recap: Another Week of Bomb Squad Domination
- 'Big Brother 16' Spoilers: Who Won the Week 10 Power of Veto?
- More From BuddyTV
- Ratings: Big Brother Down But on Top, CBS Dramas Rise, Wipeout Plunges
- Grey's Anatomy Admits The Americans' Annet Mahendru
- Teen Wolf Sneak Peek: Sparks Fly on Scott and Kira's First 'Real' Date
- Falling Skies Season 4 Finale Recap: Over the Moon
- Once Upon a Time First Look: Frozen's Elsa Gets Cold Shoulder in Storybrooke
- More From TVLine