April 20, 2015
by Chris Jancelewicz, posted Dec 8th 2009 11:59PM
Known as 'The Moustache' and 'The Dark Knight' on long-running CBS soap opera 'The Young and the Restless', Eric Braeden's character Victor Newman is the very definition of daytime TV icon. Even people who have never seen an episode in their lives know his name, his face, and his powerful low voice.
In the fall of 2009, 'Y&R' announced that Braeden would be leaving the show, citing contractual differences. What followed is perhaps one of the most raucous, vehement reactions to a soap star exiting in television history. People wrote; people blogged; people vented the world over – what would 'Y&R' be without Victor Newman?
After filming his last episode, which, for the record, runs through the actor's tenure on the show and compiles a series of clips ranging from his first appearances in the 80s to his latest conquests in the 00s, Braeden and the studio reached a last-minute agreement to keep him on the show. No details have been released, but Braeden seems amicable about the whole thing. If only we were that forgiving!
AOL TV Canada sat down and spoke with Braeden about what's it like being back on the show, whether Victor is a changed man after his various ordeals, and what he thinks of his cast mates.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Once Upon a Time' Episode 4.20 Photos: Emma and Regina Track Down Maleficent's Daughter
- 'The Voice' Live Blog: The Top 10 Perform
- 'Dancing with the Stars' Recap: Spring Break and the Team Dances
- 'Supernatural' Episode 10.20 Photos: Castiel Helps the Novaks
- 'Gotham' Recap: The Ogre Targets Barbara
- More From BuddyTV
- Scorpion Finale Recap: Bird's-Eye View
- The Originals Post Mortem: EP Explains [Spoiler]'s Death, Klaus' New Position
- Empire Promotes Pair to Series Regular
- Report: Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Spinoff to Star Adrianne Palicki & Nick Blood
- New Girl First Look: Schmidt Covers Fawn's Behind, Coach Preps to Go
- More From TVLine
- William Shatner Remembers Leonard Nimoy: 'I Never Had a Friend Like That'
- Randy Travis Marries Fiancée 2 Years After Stroke
- Did Drake Just Congratulate Nicki Minaj on Her Engagement?
- From the Battlefield to the Ballroom: Noah Galloway's Inspirational Journey to 'DWTS'
- From ‘Surreal Life' to Laverne Cox's ‘Diddy' Breakout: 9 Reality TV Shows Starring Transgender People
- More From ET