September 2, 2015
by Jason Hughes, posted Nov 17th 2009 10:12AM
Before The Simpsons begat Futurama, current executive producer of The Simspons Al Jean, along with Mike Reiss, created a short-lived animated series about a film critic who hated almost every film he ever saw.
Starring Jon Lovitz in some brilliant voice work, The Critic ran through two networks in two seasons. Like Futurama and Family Guy, it found some success with reruns on cable -- in this case, Comedy Central -- and a subsequent DVD release. But unlike those series, The Critic remains but a distant memory.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- Grey's Anatomy Boss Shonda Rhimes Reveals Reason for That McDreamy-Fueled One-Year Time Jump
- Dean Jones of Herbie, the Love Bug and Ensign O'Toole Fame, Dies at 84
- The 100 Season 3: Clarke Gets a (Grounder?!) Makeover
- Survivor's Remorse Renewed for Season 3 at Starz
- Bryan Cranston's Sneaky Pete Gets Amazon Series Order
- More From TVLine
- Kate Gosselin Weighs in on Justin Bieber's Copycat Hair: 'He Can Have It'
- People Won't Stop Commenting 'Miley, What's Good?' on Miley Cyrus' Instagram Pics
- Jennifer Garner Looks Fit and Happier Than Ever While Working Out
- EXCLUSIVE! 'Kevin From Work': First Look at Fred Willard's Outrageous Guest Role!
- Avril Lavigne Announces Separation From Nickelback Frontman Chad Kroeger
- More From ET