August 28, 2014
by Jason Hughes, posted Nov 17th 2009 10:12AM
Before The Simpsons begat Futurama, current executive producer of The Simspons Al Jean, along with Mike Reiss, created a short-lived animated series about a film critic who hated almost every film he ever saw.
Starring Jon Lovitz in some brilliant voice work, The Critic ran through two networks in two seasons. Like Futurama and Family Guy, it found some success with reruns on cable -- in this case, Comedy Central -- and a subsequent DVD release. But unlike those series, The Critic remains but a distant memory.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- Meet the Teams of 'The Amazing Race' Season 25
- 'So You Think You Can Dance' Season 11: Top 4 Performance Rankings
- 'Supernatural' Interview: Jeremy Carver on Sam and Dean's Journey in Season 10
- 'Sons of Anarchy' Interview: Paris Barclay Teases 'More Sad Days Than Happy Days' in Season 7
- 'True Blood' Series Finale: Why Sookie Made a Big Mistake
- More From BuddyTV
- Matt's Inside Line: Scoop on Once, Walking Dead, The Mentalist, B99, Beast, Resurrection and More!
- Longmire Cancelled by A&E — Might Another Network Lasso the Drama?
- TVLine Items: Pretty Little DWTS Rumors, Ground Floor Scoop and More
- Frasier Vet David Hyde Pierce to Recur on Good Wife — As Alicia's [Spoiler]?
- It's Official: Bill Gedde Exits The View Ahead of Rosie O'Donnell's Return; Rachel Maddow EP Taking Over
- More From TVLine