July 29, 2015
by Jason Hughes, posted Nov 17th 2009 10:12AM
Before The Simpsons begat Futurama, current executive producer of The Simspons Al Jean, along with Mike Reiss, created a short-lived animated series about a film critic who hated almost every film he ever saw.
Starring Jon Lovitz in some brilliant voice work, The Critic ran through two networks in two seasons. Like Futurama and Family Guy, it found some success with reruns on cable -- in this case, Comedy Central -- and a subsequent DVD release. But unlike those series, The Critic remains but a distant memory.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'The Bachelorette' Season 11 Finale Photos: Kaitlyn Says Yes!
- 'Dance Moms' Recap: Can the ALDC Maintain the Top Spot in the Competition?
- 'Bachelor in Paradise' Season 2 Premiere Photos: Who Will the Mystery Woman Be?
- 15 Times Taylor Swift Lyrics Perfectly Described 'Pretty Little Liars'
- 'Stitchers' Recap: Kirsten Gives Liam an Answer to His Proposal
- More From BuddyTV
- Pretty Little Liars Recap: Exhibit 'A'
- Graceland Sneak Peek: Jakes Suits Up for Charlie's 'Swamp People' Sting
- Banshee Sets End Date: Season 4 Will Be Cinemax Drama's Last
- Longmire Team on Season 4's 'Second Chances' Theme, A&E Cancellation
- NBC's The Wiz Casts Queen Latifah as Wizard, Mary J. Blige as Wicked Witch
- More From TVLine
- Justin Bieber's Siblings, Jazmyn and Jaxon, Sing 'Baby'
- Jimmy Kimmel Chokes Up Over Death of Cecil the Lion: ‘This is Terrible'
- Victoria's Secret's Newest Angels on How They Plan to Keep Their Personal Lives Private
- Joseph Gordon-Levitt and Seth Rogen Go on Drug-Filled Xmas Adventure in 'The Night Before' Red-Band Trailer
- New Victoria's Secret Angels Want to Join Taylor Swift's Squad: 'It'd Be a Lot of Fun!'
- More From ET