Yes, Ben Stiller kind of believes in ghosts. In fact, he was raised in a house in Nantucket that was supposedly haunted by the ghost of a dead baby, which came in handy when the teenage Mr. Stiller wanted to blame someone else for his own infractions. "Lose your wallet? ... Oh, the ghost baby did it. ... My dad would go, 'I smell pot.' The ghost baby [did it.]"
According to Deadline Hollywood, Johnston will play the sexy female divorce attorney/landlord in Mark Reisman's comedy formerly known as 'Ex Men.' The sitcom revolves around three recently divorced men who move into Johnston's character's apartment building. 'Scrubs' star Donald Faison has been cast as one of the divorcés.
Christine Taylor has been cast in Terri Minsky's workplace sitcom set in a cola factory. Taylor will play the new boss, a New Yorker who is brought to Oregon to head the company, but nobody wants her there.
In other casting news ...
• 'Angel' and 'Dollhouse' veteran Amy Acker has landed a role on USA Network's 'Common Law.' The cop dramedy stars Michael Ealy and Warren Kole as partners who can't stop bickering, so their captain sends them to couples therapy. Acker will play their therapist. So much for our hopes of her being Jessica Jones in ABC's 'AKA Jessica Jones.' [Deadline Hollywood]
• Mark Pellegrino has been cast on 'Breakout Kings.' The 'Lost' alumnus will play Virgil Downing, an infamous assassin. [TVLine]
• Larry Hagman is still in talks for the 'Dallas' reboot. Despite earlier reports that negotiations had halted, Hagman is reportedly still in talks to reprise his J.R. Ewing role on the new TNT series. [Entertainment Weekly]
Ben Stiller is coming back to television. Well sort of.
The actor/director is prepping a new comedy for CBS that will star his wife, actress Christine Taylor. Stiller and Taylor both starred in Dodgeball, and Stiller guest starred on several episodes of Arrested Development, where his wife also had a role.
Stiller will not only direct the pilot and executive produce the new sitcom, which will be partly based on Taylor's small-town-goes-to-Hollywood life, but he will also have a recurring role on the show, playing her husband.
Here is the latest casting news from The Hollywood Reporter:
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'The Voice' Season 8: Top 10 Performance Rankings
- Netflix Orders 'Full House' Spinoff
- 'Castle' Recap: Castle Learns the Truth About His Disappearance
- 'Once Upon a Time' Episode 4.20 Photos: Emma and Regina Track Down Maleficent's Daughter
- 'The Following' Recap: Joe Continues to Taunt Ryan on Death Row
- More From BuddyTV
- Inside Amy Schumer Already Renewed for Season 4 at Comedy Central
- Castle Recap: Thanks for the Memories
- Dancing With the Stars Week 6 Results: Did the Right Couple Go Home?
- The Voice Recap: Muting and the Beasts
- More From TVLine