August 22, 2014
by Jason Hughes, posted Jan 24th 2009 9:00AM
As Brad reported earlier this week, Fox is greenlighting new pilots left and right, but it looks like they weren't done yet. We already knew that a remake of the Brit cult classic Absolutely Fabulous was in the works, but very little beyond that had been revealed. Now it looks like not only are Patsy and Edina boozing their way to Los Angeles in the Fox remake of AbFab, but original UK series creator (and star) Jennifer Saunders is on board this adaptation. That means we've a better chance of seeing an American The Office than Coupling.
She's executive producing with an American writer, Christine Zander, who's written and produced for Samantha Who?, Less Than Perfect, SNL and 3rd Rock from the Sun among others. The good news is that the core of the show is remaining intact. It follows the social exploits of fashion publicist Edina and editor Patsy, along with their constant bickering with the only sane member of the "family," Edina's daughter Saffron. As long as the girls are getting their drink on and acting ... well "fabulous," I don't see what can go wrong.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- Wizard of Oz Drama Emerald City Not Moving Forward at NBC
- True Blood Pilot Revisited: Bill's Big Lie and 17 More Unforgettable Moments
- The Mindy Project: Niecy Nash Joins Season 3 Cast as Mindy's New Rival
- Vampire Diaries Season 6: Elena's 'Drug Problem' Revealed in New Teaser
- Enlisted Officially Discharged as Yahoo Passes on a Second Season
- More From TVLine