It was the Late Show Christmas tree, to be precise. Guess they'll have to redo the whole thing now. (By the way, that cupcake costs $25,000.) [Watch clips and episodes of The Late Show and other shows at SlashControl.]
For the uninitiated, an Advent calendar counts down the days from December 1 to Christmas Day. Kids unveil the dates one day at a time, sometimes revealing little presents to enjoy along the way. In Doctor Who's case, fans receive goodies each day until Tennant's final episodes as The Doctor.
But, since an advent calendar is a Christmas tradition, and three people in Oxfordshire objected to showing any preference to a particular holiday, the BBC quit using the term and changed it to "Adventure Calendar."
That's the threat posed by members of National Association of Broadcast Employees and Technicians (NABET-CWA) Local 11, which issued a statement today saying it would halt the show via a wildcat strike if NBC doesn't make progress on stalled negotiations with the union, which has been working without a contract since March.
If the broadcast goes dark, don't blame the union -- blame NBC, says NABET-CWA Local 11 president Ed McEwan in the statement. "We can't let the Grinch at NBC steal another Christmas from thousands of honest working people," McEwan says in the statement. "This charade must stop. Christmas is supposed to be a time of goodwill, but the network's management is trying to hide behind their fancy lights while leaving their employees in the dark."
If I'm reading the rhyme correctly, NBC is refusing to negotiate with employees over some dispute, and unless they agree to negotiate, "the crew may just might, do something that would be NBC's blight" and that "they'll be forced from 30 Rock." That's rather vague (and ominous). Could it mean the lights won't work? Dozens of NBC employees streaking live on national TV?
The poem also mentions hosts Jane Krakowski and Zachary Levi and suggests that music guests Shakira and The Roots might not be able to play. Hmmmm...well, it's one way to get people to watch the show, that's for sure.
(Update: The Live Feed has the story.)
[via Damian Holbrook]
The movie was supposed to be about how hard it is to get a good band to become popular, but it ends up being about Kiefer Sutherland. And that's OK. Keifer is an interesting guy. With all the reality shows out there that follow around famous people, this one is delightfully... real. He's a guy who has guilt about his privileged life but also appreciates his celebrity status right now because he knows that things could be (and have been) worse. I think the movie will particularly appeal to 24 fans who just plain want more Kiefer, but it is also appealing to non-fans (like myself) who are curious.
(S01E11) I've never understood how people can celebrate Christmas in California (or Florida or Texas, for that matter). I grew up and live in New England, and I don't understand how you can have Christmas without the cold air and the possibility of snow. I mean, it just doesn't seem right, roaring down the 405 with the top down as the temp hovers around 78 degrees, with no Jack Frost nipping at your nose (job). But that's just me.
But it's also Matt Albie, who wants to bring a little Christmas spirit to Los Angeles and the set of Studio 60...
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'America's Got Talent' Season 9: Semifinals Part 1 Performance Rankings
- 'America's Next Top Model' Cycle 21 Episode 3 Photos: Behind the Scenes of the Rainy Photo Shoot
- 'Under the Dome': 19 Shocking Moments from 'The Red Door'
- 'Bachelor in Paradise' Episode 5 Photos: The Aftermath of Hurricane AshLee
- 'Covert Affairs' Summer Finale Recap: A Place to Fight Back From
- More From BuddyTV
- Chelsea Lately's Final Hour: Handler Says (and Sings) Goodbye to E!
- Has Once Upon a Time's Season 4B Villain Been Revealed...?
- Post Mortem: Covert Affairs Bosses Talk [Spoiler]'s Fate, Annie and Auggie's 'Challenge' and More
- Pretty Little Liars Summer Finale Recap: Death Becomes Her
- CBS' The McCarthys Drafts Rick Fox
- More From TVLine
- EXCLUSIVE: Oprah to Play Richard Pryor's Grandma in Lee Daniels' Biopic
- A 'Full House' Revival is in the Works
- A Brittany Murphy Murder Mystery? Lifetime Releases Biopic Trailer
- EXCLUSIVE! Pretty Little Liars Shocker: Find Out Why [SPOILER] Needed to Die!
- The Stars of Vine Dissect the Emmys
- More From ET