Battlestar Galactica has one. So does Supernatural, Buffy, the Vampire Slayer, and Angel. Even the newest incarnation of Doctor Who has one as of January. What do these shows have, besides a huge fan following? They all have their own comic books which take place during the current run of the series or continue the story where shows ended their run. And now, NBC's action-comedy Chuck will be joining the ranks of the small screen in small print.
The Chuck comic book, which will be created by DC Comics imprint WildStorm, will follow Mr. Bartowski and his Nerd Herd and secret agent pals in a series of worldwide adventures that producers of the television show just don't have the budget for. Being a comic book you can probably expect some cliffhanger endings, bigger special effects, and Chuck to gain some mutant powers.
The comic book series will be available starting June 11th.
The new fall TV season is shaping up to be the Year of the Geek (or Year of Sex in the City ripoffs, you take your pick). There are shows about geeky teenagers (Aliens in America), geeky roommates (Big Bang Theory), and geeky action heroes. The last one I would be talking about would be NBC's Chuck.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Bachelorette' Runner-Up Nick Viall: ' I Think Shawn Really Enjoys My Misfortune'
- 'Big Brother 17' Spoilers: The House Flips and New Targets Emerge
- 'Big Brother 17' Week 5: Vanessa's 2nd HoH Photos
- 'Graceland' Recap: Mike's Addiction Worsens
- 'Under the Dome' Recap: It's the End of the World as We Know It
- More From BuddyTV
- Watch One Direction Learn How to ‘Whip/Nae Nae' From a Super-Cute Fan
- Khloe Kardashian: My Sisters and I Still Refer to Caitlyn Jenner as 'Bruce'
- Dwayne Johnson on Hulk Hogan Racist Rant: 'We've All Talked Trash'
- Watch Chrissy Teigen Balance a Plate of Chicken Wings on Her Butt
- Star Sightings July 2015
- More From ET