May 23, 2015
by Danny Gallagher, posted Jul 25th 2009 8:26PM
Even though TV Squad's very own John Scott Lewinski is fighting his way through hordes of overweight Rorschachs and pre-pubescent Chun Lis to get exclusive interviews and scoops on the newest TV news at the San Diego Comic Con, don't forget that our partners-in-crime from Cinematical are also there covering the latest flim-flam in film.
The movie side of the annual pop-culture cavalcade opened with one of the biggest names in the history of film and what could very well be one of the biggest names in the future of film. Director James Cameron screened a solid 25 minutes of his forthcoming sci-fi epic Avatar. Blogger Todd Gilchrist got a hint of the plot and special effects movie-goers can expect when the film hits theaters later this year and said it "promises to be both hugely entertaining and technically groundbreaking." Man, that's got me worried. That's what they also said about Titanic.
by Bob Sassone, posted Sep 12th 2006 11:16AM
Our regular roundup of what's happening over at our sister blog, Cinematical.
- Check out the new trailer for Casino Royale. This film is going to kick some serious ass.
- Get ready for Mummy 3.
- If they make The Hobbit, will Peter Jackson direct it?
- Mark has info about the Fantastic Four sequel.
- Bruce Campbell talks about Spiderman 3.
- Heath Ledger will play the Joker in the Batman Begins sequel. But who wants to play the Penguin? Bob Hoskins!
by Bob Sassone, posted Jul 31st 2006 6:16PM
Our weekly roundup of what's going on at our sister blog (we cover the small screen, they cover the bigger one), Cinematical.
- Erik has news about a possible Mr. Show movie.
- Every Monday, Cinematical has a movie poll. This week: what classic movie character would you like to see return in a movie?
- Rob Corrdry is...The Donor!
- So who the hell is going to play the villain in the next Batman flick? Ryan Phillippe as Two-Face? Heath Ledger as The Joker? Philip Seymour Hoffman as The Penguin?
- Martha doesn't like Justin Long, the guy from Ed who currently stars in those Apple commercials. He might play Bruce Willis' computer hacker son in Die Hard 4.
- And here's news about that fire that occurred on the Pinewood Studios set of Casino Royale.
by Bob Sassone, posted Jun 8th 2006 8:58AM
Our weekly roundup of what's happening over at our film blog, Cinematical:
- Entourage's Jeremy Piven and Stephen Dorff got into a little fight the other night.
- The screenwriters of The Break-Up sign a big deal with Universal.
- Teri Hatcher is going to make a sports movie with Samuel L. Jackson.
- Jerry Lewis is going to direct a stage version of The Nutty Professor.
- Alien vs. Predator 2 has a director.
- They're remaking Terry O'Quinn's The Stepfather?! Why?
- Oh, and have you heard there's some Superman movie coming out this summer?
by Bob Sassone, posted May 15th 2006 10:49AM
by Bob Sassone, posted Apr 16th 2006 9:28AM
- Martha watches some of TBS' new promo spots and really likes what she sees.
Christian Slater going to star in a remake of
On The Town?
- Robert reviews The Notorious Bettie Page.
- Erik finds another reason to hate Hollywood: Breakin' 3!
- What's going on with the Star Trek franchise anyway?
- The winner of Cinematical's birthday contest is announced.
by Bob Sassone, posted Mar 25th 2006 9:18PM
- Lord of the
- Tim Robbins hates car alarms.
- Come on already...enter the Cinematical birthday contest!
- James writes an open letter to Ben Stein.
- Kevin Smith is going to play AICN's Harry Knowles in a movie?!
- So X-Men 3 is going to be the last movie in the series, eh? Not so fast.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'The Messengers' Recap: Dealing with Pestilence
- 'Wayward Pines' Interview: M. Night Shyamalan on Shocking Death and Darker Turn
- 'Bachelorette' Star Kaitlyn Bristowe on Pre-Fantasy Suite Sex: 'I Don't Know Why Everyone is So Shocked'
- 'The Bachelor' Season 11 Week 2 Photos: Punchlines and Punches
- 'Survivor: Worlds Apart': Ranking the 13 Most Shocking Tribal Councils from Season 30
- More From BuddyTV
- Fuller House: Olsen Twins Not Returning as Michelle, EP Confirms
- The Good Wife: Matthew Goode Exits Ahead of Season 7
- American Crime Story: Cuba Gooding, Jr. as O.J. Simpson & More Cast Photos
- TVLine Items: Danny Trejo's Dusk Role Revealed, McHale Hosts ESPYS & More
- Humans First Look: AMC Drama Offers Eerie Take on Androids Among Us
- More From TVLine
- Robert De Niro Gives Blunt Commencement Speech: 'You're F***ed'
- Hollywood's 9 Hottest Hunks of Summer
- Josh Duggar Molestation Allegations: A Timeline of Events
- Chris Pratt Hilariously Pre-Apologizes for 'Jurassic World' Press Tour
- Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen Aren't Returning for 'Full House' Revival
- More From ET