Aiken said he "...started blogging about [Jericho] on my fan site. It got canceled and I started blogging about how upset I was. I said, 'The Claymates can do anything. How do we get this show back on the air?'"
His fans sprung into action and, "Honestly, within a week, they had organized a campaign amongst Jericho fans to send nuts to CBS. It kind of started in that place. And it's back on the air. It just blows my mind."
I have a few questions about these comments...
Today on TV Squad Daily:
- American Idol contestants are accusing Simon Cowell of fixing the competition.
- Did the head of Cartoon Network really need to resign following the Boston bomb scare over Aqua Teen Hunger Force advertisements?
- Clay Aiken's plan for fighting back against tabloid rumors is bound to backfire.
According to TV Guide, Idol producer Nigel Lythgoe is trying to sell Fox on the concept. It's part of the planned songwriting competition. Lythgoe's idea is to narrow those entries down to ten songs and then bring in ten former Idol contestants to sing the songs on the show.
I'm not an Idol fan, but I have to say, that's a solid idea. I'm guessing they won't be able to get Kelly Clarkson, and chances are Jennifer Hudson won't be involved. But assuming that they can manage to get ten of the more popular contestants, this should make for another huge week of ratings. And an American Idol All-Stars CD... And an American Idol All-Stars Special Edition DVD... And... good grief, Idol is just a machine. At this point it's rivaled only by the power of Harry Potter.
Clay has appeared on Kimmel's show several times and they reportedly enjoy a "good relationship." Let's hope that Clay doesn't ruin this special relationship by placing his hand over the host's mouth while he tries to speak. Not that I can blame Clay for that ugly incident with Kelly Ripa. Who among us hasn't wanted to silence Ripa's big yapping mouth now and again? Still, just to be safe, Clay might want to keep his hands to himself in the future to avoid unnecessary conflict and controversy.
For a montage of past special Clay/Kimmel moments, check out this video that some industrious fan put together.
Okay, now that I've headed off all angry comments with that disclaimer, let's get to the meat of the matter: would it be possible for an overweight woman to win American Idol?
Today on TV Squad Daily:
It's the last episide before New Year's resolutions, so I justified indulging in some rumors and celebrity top 10 lists of 2006.
- Is Clay Aiken becoming the biggest diva of them all?
- A new poll names the biggest hero and villian of 2006 (it's the same guy for both categories) plus the best and worst celebrity role models.
This morning on The View, Rosie accused Ripa of being homophobic when she made certain remarks about Aiken and how he acted towards her when he cohosted Live with Regis & Kelly last Friday. Rosie took issue with Ripa's "I don't know where that hand has been" remark (after Aiken put his hand over Ripa's mouth on the show), and said "if that was Mario Lopez, she wouldn't have said the same thing." Oh, I don't know about that. I mean, he did costar with Screech all those years on Saved By The Bell, and we know what he's up to now.
The best part? Ripa called into The View and told Rosie that she has to be more responsible about what she says, and that "not everyone is homophobic." They did the usual "I respect you" and "I love you" showbiz lines, but I truly doubt you'll be seeing Rosie at Kelly's house on Thanksgiving this year.
You can see both videos at the second link above.
[via TV Tattle]
- Who knew? Your favorite crime drama reveals your personality type.
- Elisabeth Hasselbeck freaked out when a victim on Law and Order SVU had a name eerily similar to hers.
- Oh gee, thanks...you shouldn't have. No really. Clay Aiken will appear on a Christmas episode of Days of Our Lives.
Clay will sing "Everything I Have", a song from his new album which was released last month. His version of "O Holy Night" will also be featured in the Days episode, which airs December 22nd.
- At 8, ABC has a new Dancing with the Stars, followed by another Lost recap show, then a new 20/20.
- CBS has a new Jericho at 8, followed by new eps of Criminal Minds and CSI: NY.
- NBC has a new, two-hour Biggest Loser at 8, followed by a new Kidnapped.
- There's a new Bones on FOX at 8, followed by a new Justice.
- The CW has a new America's Next Top Model at 8, followed by the season premiere of One Tree Hill.
- At 9, PBS has a new American Masters, "Sketches of Frank Gehry."
- Larry King interviews Clay Aiken on CNN at 9.
- Food Network has the special Cereal-Scapes at 9, followed by new eps of Good Eats and Ham on the Street.
- At 10, A&E has a new Criss Angel Mindfreak.
- IFC has Jesus' Son at 10.
- Bravo has a new Project Runway at 10.
- Also at 10: HBO has a new Inside the NFL.
Also, season one star Tamyra Gray got married to a guy who used to be in Color Me Badd. Yes, that '90s group that sang "I Wanna Sex... You Up" (since then he's been a successful songwriter and producer). Tamyra, 27, and Sam Watters, 36, wed in Capri, Italy on Saturday, according to People Magazine. Check out their wedding photo: they look downright gloomy. Tamyra had a short run on Boston Public in 2003, but there's no word on whether she's returning to television.
Anyone else's head spinning?
It's always been a dream of mine to take a road trip to Tennessee to visit Graceland and Dollywood -- a white trash pilgrimage of sorts. I don't foresee that happening any time soon, so I'll make do with American Idol's homage to Elvis, and keep my fingers crossed for Dolly's night next season.
Everything about tonight was backwards -- the favorites sorta sucked, and Elliott finally found his moment to shine. My crappy internet connection keeps going out, so enough of the pleasantries...let's do this!
I, like most people, think Paulus is full of it, but let's imagine that all of this is true, just for argument's sake. Paulus claims he received no money for his story, so why the obsession with telling everyone about it? Whether this actually happened or didn't happen seems irrelevant now. It all boils down to Paulus wanting to take advantage of whatever remains of his fifteen minutes. Furthermore, everyone already has their minds made about Clay anyway. Some think he's gay, others think he's straight, and then there are those like myself who believe he's actually a robot controlled by a tiny duck inside his head. Clay's best defense is keeping his mouth shut, and he knows this.
John Paulus claims he met Aiken on a Web site and that Clay was looking for a "discreet BF" (the "BF" stands for "boyfriend" just to clear that up right away). The two allegedly met in a North Carolina hotel room for a night of sensual southern magic. Ah, hells yeah.
This would be a great story, perhaps one for next year's Christmas letter, but I don't believe it. It's from the National Enquirer, so it loses some credibility in that respect. Also, I can't imagine Clay, who stays relatively cool about the whole gay/not gay thing, would risk exposing himself by contacting some random guy via the Web. Clay has money, and if he wants a gay rendezvous with no strings attached he could make it happen. If not, then what's the point of having all that money?
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Arrow' Episode 4.2 Photos: The Team Protects a Mayoral Candidate
- 'The Flash' Episode 2.2 Photos: Meet Jay Garrick
- 'Supernatural' Episode 11.2 Photos: Cas Gets Tortured
- 'ANTM' Recap: One Model Returns, One Model Goes Away
- 'Grey's Anatomy' Episode 12.3 Photos: Would Alex Make a Good Dad?
- More From BuddyTV
- Miley Cyrus Hosts SNL (and Hillary Clinton Assists): Best/Worst Sketches?
- Top TV Vampires From Buffy, TVD, Moonlight, True Blood and More
- Ratings: Dr. Ken Has Healthy Debut
- Performer of the Week: S.H.I.E.L.D.'s Iain De Caestecker
- More From TVLine
- Miley Cyrus Kicks off the 'SNL' Season 41 Premiere: 7 Biggest Moments!
- Tori Spelling Reveals She Had Sex With Jason Priestley, Got Shannen Doherty Fired From '90210'
- Matt McGorry, Zelda Williams & More Stars Join Amber Rose's Slut Walk
- 'Dancing With the Stars' Pro Witney Carson Is Engaged!
- 'Once Upon A Time' Star Emilie De Ravin is Pregnant!
- More From ET