Welcome to TV Squad Lists, a feature where each blogger has a chance to list his or her own rundown of things in television that stand out from the rest, both good and bad.
Ever since the early days, pets have been a staple of many TV shows. Whether they are the star of the show like Cleo from The Peoples Choice or unforgettable supporting pets like Eddie from Frasier, these pets are often the best remembered part of any TV show.
Here is my own personal list of favorite pets. Before you start, I excluded Arnold Ziffel because the Ziffel family insisted he was their son not a pet. Feel free to add your own favorites.
1.Rowdy the stuffed dog (Scrubs)
I admit that having a stuffed dog for a pet is a bit unusual but when you think about it, it's a brilliant idea. He never has to be walked, fed or taken to the vet and he'll never run away. Seeing the hours of fun JD and Turk have with Rowdy makes me want to run to my nearest taxidermist and order myself a mounted hound.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'NCIS' Episode 12.6 Photos: It's Halloween Time Again
- 'Gotham' Episode 6 Photos: Facing Demons of the Past
- 'Bones' Episode 10.5 Photos: Brennan Meets Her Rival
- 'America's Next Top Model' Cycle 21 Episode 10 Photos: Tyra Acts as Makeup Artist
- 'Reign' Episode 2.4 Photos: Let's Dance!
- More From BuddyTV
- Sleepy Hollow Recap: Witches Be Crazy
- Gotham Recap: A Secret Spilled, an Agenda Revealed and a Bossy Bruce
- Supernatural EP, Stars Preview When Winchesters Attack! Plus: Cas' Quest
- Once Upon a Time Photos: Emma and Regina Tag Team the Snow Queen
- The Good Wife Photos: Is Diane's Big 'Move' Paying Off? Plus: First Look at David Hyde Pierce
- More From TVLine
- Fred Savage on ‘Wonder Years' Famous First Kiss: ‘I Can't Imagine I Was Good'
- Julia Roberts, Honored For Work Against Bullying, Says She Was a ‘Shrinking Violet' in School
- 'NCIS: Los Angeles' Stars Tease Nell's Recovery, Show Off Dance Moves
- Khloe Kardashian Debuts Crazy Braids: A Ranking of Her Best & Worst Hair Styles
- How This Paralyzed Groom Walked Down the Aisle at His Wedding
- More From ET