Welcome to TV Squad Lists, a feature where each blogger has a chance to list his or her own rundown of things in television that stand out from the rest, both good and bad.
Ever since the early days, pets have been a staple of many TV shows. Whether they are the star of the show like Cleo from The Peoples Choice or unforgettable supporting pets like Eddie from Frasier, these pets are often the best remembered part of any TV show.
Here is my own personal list of favorite pets. Before you start, I excluded Arnold Ziffel because the Ziffel family insisted he was their son not a pet. Feel free to add your own favorites.
1.Rowdy the stuffed dog (Scrubs)
I admit that having a stuffed dog for a pet is a bit unusual but when you think about it, it's a brilliant idea. He never has to be walked, fed or taken to the vet and he'll never run away. Seeing the hours of fun JD and Turk have with Rowdy makes me want to run to my nearest taxidermist and order myself a mounted hound.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Scream' Series Premiere and Cast Photos
- Check Out the Official Warner Bros. 2015 San Diego Comic-Con Bags
- 'Teen Wolf': Everything You Need to Know Before the Season 5 Premiere
- 'RHOBH' Star Lisa Rinna: 'You Just Don't Go After My Cubs and My Family'
- Teresa Giudice Offered $2 Million to Return to 'RHONJ'
- More From BuddyTV
- Matt's Inside Line: Scoop on The Flash, Teen Wolf, Bones, Once, Castle, Faking It, Wayward Pines, The Strain and More
- Bitten Season 3 Picked Up at Syfy
- TVLine Items: Luke's GH Exit Date, New Bad Seed, Chasing Life Moves and More
- NBC to Donald Trump: You're Fired
- The Originals Unveils Spooky New Bag Design for Comic-Con 2015
- More From TVLine
- Watch a 14-Year-Old Amy Winehouse Sing 'Happy Birthday' Like No Other in New Documentary 'Amy'
- Kathy Hilton on Paris' Plane Crash Prank: I Don't Find Cruel Pranks Entertaining At All
- Terrence Howard On What to Expect From Lucious in 'Empire' Season Two: 'He's Going to Clean Up Some Messes'
- Ed Sheeran Joins The Rolling Stones for Awesome Performance of 'Beast of Burden'
- ET's Favorite Fashion Tips
- More From ET