Think about just how awful it would be to read another person's thoughts:
You would know for certain that your wife fantasizes about other people in bed (probably your friends). You would know for sure that your father doesn't brag to his friends about the $110 a month you make as a semi-professional blogger. You would know just exactly what websites your husband is looking at with the "private browsing" function turned on in Safari (and you would be blinded by them).
It would be horrible. And that's just the kind of world TV is making for us.
A lot of people have wondered if Haysbert's brave, commanding President David Palmer influenced the way people are thinking about Obama. Dennis Haysbert has now weighed in, and he believes that his role on 24 made a difference.
"My portrayal of David Palmer may have helped open the eyes of the American people," he told the AP.
"I mean the American people across the board - from the poorest to the richest, every color and creed, every religious base - to prove the possibility there could be an African-American president, a female president, any type of president that puts the people first," he goes on to say.
First off, I'd just like to point out that Chris Matthews is the most annoying political analyst on television.
Now that that's out of the way, did anyone watch the New Hampshire primary coverage on CNN, MSNBC, or Fox News? If Chandler Bing was covering the primary, he'd say "could the networks be more wrong?" (If Chandler Bing really existed and commented on political coverage).
It's the TV Squad Presidents' Day Blow Out Sale! Everything must go! We've got a warehouse full of lava lampshades, knee whitening kits, puppy dehydrators, hand-knitted welding masks, helium-powered baby goggles, and aisle after aisle of Mrs. Picklebutton's Homemade Mayonnaise-Flavored Waffle Syrup. Did I mention free giraffe rides for senior citizens?
Anyway, I listed five of my favorite television appearances by presidents in puppet or animated form. Hail to the chief and all that. If you think of others, please share. Taft would have wanted it that way.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- Best 'Glee' Quotes from 'The Hurt Locker, Part 2'
- 'NCIS' Episode 12.14 Photos: A Case Causes Tony to Flashback to His Days in Military School
- 'Grey's Anatomy': The 15 Most Bizarre Medical Cases
- 'Reign' Episode 2.13 Photos: Will Mary and Francis Reunite at the Winter's Ease Feast?
- 'Game of Thrones' Season 5 Photos
- More From BuddyTV
- Ratings: Shark Tank Slips, Dixie Drops, CBS and NBC Dramas Tick Down
- Pilots: CBS Adds David Shore/Bryan Cranston Drama, James Patterson Riff
- Pilots: ABC Orders Comedies About Johnny Knoxville, NBA Odd Couple, Genius Kids, Plus 4 Others
- Ground Floor Cancelled at TBS
- Glee Recap: Love in an Elevator
- More From TVLine