- At 8, ABC has a new The Next Best Thing, then new episodes of American Inventor and Traveler.
- FOX has a new So You Think You Can Dance at 8, followed by the premiere of Don't Forget The Lyrics!
- At 9, NBC has a new America's Got Talent, then a new Last Comic Standing.
- There's a new American Masters on PBS at 9, on Les Paul.
- Harry Potter himself, Daniel Radcliffe, talks to Larry King on CNN at 9. Should be surreal.
- Sci-Fi has a new Ghost Hunters at 9, followed by a new Destination Truth.
- VH-1 has The World Series of Pop Culture at 9.
- There's a new Footballer's Wives at 9 on BBC America.
- More stuff at 9: G4 has two new episodes of Code Monkeys.
- At 10, FX has a new Rescue Me.
- Discovery has two new episodes of Cash Cab at 10.
- Also at 10: Bravo has a new Top Chef.
Check your local TV listings for more.
Back in January, I mentioned that actor/writer Adam De La Pena (I'm with Busey, Crank Yankers, Minoriteam) was creating an animated series for G4 called Code Monkeys. Well, the series will debut July 11, and based on the seconds-long promos I've been seeing, it looks pretty cool.
The series is animated in the 8-bit style of retro video games, with blocky backgrounds and characters who move as if being controlled by some unseen entity with a magical joystick. The main characters, Dave and Jerry, are game coders who occupy this bizarre pixel-y world.
I love the idea, but I also played a lot of video games in the '80s and '90s, so I'm excited to see how many of the show's inside jokes I'll comprehend. My only worry is that the series might be too much of a "niche show," much like Minoriteam was, and it won't attract a wide audience.
Adam De La Pena, creator of the Adult Swim series Minoriteam and creator and co-star of the Comedy Central series I'm with Busey has created a new animated series for G4 called Code Monkeys. The series, which was recently picked up for fourteen episodes, takes place in a world that resembles an actual video game from the '80s and will include several allusions to games from that era. De La Pena will direct all the episodes, and will also serve as a writer and the voice of the main character.
Meanwhile, he's also developing another animated series for FOX with the working title Think Tank. The series will spoof office politics and is based on the idea that everything in pop culture is controlled by a single "think tank."
Out of the two projects, I must say Code Monkeys looks the most interesting to me. The idea of a cartoon set in a world resembling the blocky look of old Atari games could be really cool. The series will hit G4 this spring.
[via Toon Zone]
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'So You Think You Can Dance' Season 12: Meet the Top 20 Dancers
- 'Teen Wolf': 15 Freaky and 2 Adorable Moments from 'Dreamcatcher'
- 'UnREAL': The Problem with Rachel and Adam's Romance
- Casting Bits: 'Scandal' and 'Castle' Add Series Regulars, Kelly Rowland Joins 'Empire' and More
- Is 'Teen Wolf' Trying to Replace Scott with Liam?
- More From BuddyTV
- Miss USA Has Found Its New Co-Hosts!
- This Guy Tied 100 Balloons to a Lawn Chair and Made the Movie 'Up' Happen Before Getting Arrested
- Move Over, Jennifer Garner! Netflix's 'Daredevil' Has Found Its New Elektra
- Caitlyn Jenner Will Not Be Competing on 'Dancing With the Stars'
- Ryan Reynolds on Parenthood: 'I Have the Same Challenges That Every Other First-Time Dad Has'
- More From ET