After watching the pilot episode, we're willing to argue that the series isn't terrible -- but it's fairly by the book and unimaginative. In a sense, the name of the show says it all.
[Warning: Spoiler alert.]
Since winning the 2001 best supporting Oscar for Pollack, which was directed and co-starred
K-Ville, a series starring Antony Anderson and Cole Hauser, is a police drama set in New Orleans, two years after Katrina hit the city. The series follows cops who remained active after the devastating event as they try to reclaim and rebuild the city.
Rather than load all 200 plus members of the TCA on a plane to New Orleans, Fox decided to have a N.O.-themed party at Les Deux, a trendy restaurant in Hollywood in honor of its new series K-Ville, which has cast Anthony Anderson and Cole Hauser as cops in a post-Katrina Louisiana.
There was only man who could give me the full scoop on this series and what it will mean to New Orleans -- Times Picayune TV columnist Dave Walker
Fox entertainment president Kevin Reilly answered inquiries from TCA members on Sunday about a big name exiting the network -- only the network was NBC and the departure was Reilly's own.
Reilly poked fun at the standard reasons found in press releases that are used to explain a person's leaving a top gig. "No one is ever really fired in Hollywood are they," he rhetorically asked, adding, "You can pick whatever trade euphemism you want [to explain my exit from NBC]. 'I segued.' 'I thought about it over the holidays.' I want to spend more time with my family, which I did for three days.'"
Then, Fox hired him to work with Peter Liguori, the network's entertainment chairman.
At its upfronts presentation last month, the net announced two new reality shows, three new comedies and five new dramas. Of those, we have seen all the comedies and dramas except a drama called Nashville, which Fox has not yet released for preview.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- Top 10 Moments from 'Survivor: San Juan Del Sur'
- 'American Horror Story: Freak Show' Recap: Pepper Finds a New Home
- 'Survivor: San Juan del Sur' Finale Recap: Who Won Season 29?
- 'The 100' Mid-Season Finale Recap: Will Camp Jaha Give Finn Up?
- 'Hell's Kitchen' Season Finale Recap: And the Winning Chef Is...
- More From BuddyTV
- TVLine Items: Girls Parents Cast, Sarah Silverman's HBO Pilot and More
- Kiefer Sutherland on Doing More 24: 'I Don't See Myself Going Back to It'
- Smash Musical Gets One-Night Broadway Bow — Who Will Star In It?
- Ratings: Survivor Finale Tops Night, Sing-Off Slips, The 100 Ties Low
- Orphan Black Season 3 Gets Premiere Date, Teaser Warning 'This Is War'
- More From TVLine
- Lady Gaga Reveals the Sexy Advice She Got From Aging Stripper
- Rick Ross Talks Stunning 85-Pound Weight Loss
- Neil Patrick Harris' Twins Adorably Sing 'Jingle Bells'
- Angelina Jolie on Directing Brad Pitt: A Therapist Would Have a Field Day
- Nicki Minaj Suffers Nip Slip While Discussing Past Wardrobe Malfunctions
- More From ET