After watching the pilot episode, we're willing to argue that the series isn't terrible -- but it's fairly by the book and unimaginative. In a sense, the name of the show says it all.
[Warning: Spoiler alert.]
Since winning the 2001 best supporting Oscar for Pollack, which was directed and co-starred
K-Ville, a series starring Antony Anderson and Cole Hauser, is a police drama set in New Orleans, two years after Katrina hit the city. The series follows cops who remained active after the devastating event as they try to reclaim and rebuild the city.
Rather than load all 200 plus members of the TCA on a plane to New Orleans, Fox decided to have a N.O.-themed party at Les Deux, a trendy restaurant in Hollywood in honor of its new series K-Ville, which has cast Anthony Anderson and Cole Hauser as cops in a post-Katrina Louisiana.
There was only man who could give me the full scoop on this series and what it will mean to New Orleans -- Times Picayune TV columnist Dave Walker
Fox entertainment president Kevin Reilly answered inquiries from TCA members on Sunday about a big name exiting the network -- only the network was NBC and the departure was Reilly's own.
Reilly poked fun at the standard reasons found in press releases that are used to explain a person's leaving a top gig. "No one is ever really fired in Hollywood are they," he rhetorically asked, adding, "You can pick whatever trade euphemism you want [to explain my exit from NBC]. 'I segued.' 'I thought about it over the holidays.' I want to spend more time with my family, which I did for three days.'"
Then, Fox hired him to work with Peter Liguori, the network's entertainment chairman.
At its upfronts presentation last month, the net announced two new reality shows, three new comedies and five new dramas. Of those, we have seen all the comedies and dramas except a drama called Nashville, which Fox has not yet released for preview.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Scandal' Season 4 Photos: Fitz's Second Term and Gun Control
- 'Sons of Anarchy' Death Toll: Who's Died in Season 7?
- 'Jane the Virgin' Cast and Premiere Photos
- 'The Originals' Interview: Leah Pipes and Danielle Campbell on Their Characters' Increased Strength in Season 2
- 'Sons of Anarchy' Moments: Jax's Path of Retribution
- More From BuddyTV
- Ratings: Mysteries of Laura Cops Big Numbers Leading Out of Talent Finale, Red Band Society Opens Low
- Aubrey Plaza to Voice Grumpy Cat
- Sons of Anarchy: Alicia Coppola to School [Spoiler]
- SNL Taps Darrell Hammond to Succeed Don Pardo as Announcer
- Extant Finale Recap: This Boy Is on Fire
- More From TVLine
- 7 Most Expensive Celebrity Divorces
- Ethan Hawke on Robin Williams: 'It Was Obvious He Was In Tremendous Pain'
- Darrell Hammond Is Heading Back to 'Saturday Night Live' in a New Role
- Tina Fey Had Alec Baldwin Masks at Daughter's Surprise Party!
- Melissa Rivers Breaks Silence Following Mother's Funeral
- More From ET