(S02E04) Sadness is nature's spankings. - Clay Puppington
Those of us who have been watching Moral Orel since the beginning know that the show is more complex than it appears on the surface. The inner tensions within his own family and the other grown ups in Moralton were hinted at in the first season and have come more into focus this season. I'm not a television writer, but I imagine trying to meld the funny and the emotional into an eleven-minute amalgam can't be easy, which is why I think the "slow reveal" approach has worked so well for Moral Orel. In this episode, when Orel finds out his mother might have another family, the scene doesn't feel like it was suddenly sprung on us out of nowhere, because Bloberta's unhappiness and detachment has been part of the show's subtext since it first aired a year ago.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- The 15 Best Batman Villains from TV and Film
- 'The Walking Dead': 19 Moments of Family, Forgiveness, and Feast from 'Strangers'
- 'Once Upon a Time': 17 Moments of Dating, Darkness and Blackmail from 'The Apprentice'
- FOX Orders Ryan Murphy Comedy-Horror Show 'Scream Queens'
- 'RHONYC': Bethenny Frankel is Officially Returning for Season 7
- More From BuddyTV
- The Flash Recruits General Hospital's Roger Howarth for Recurring Role
- American Dad on TBS: What to Expect From the Big Move (Besides F-Bombs)
- The Blacklist Photos: What Will Land Liz in the Hospital?
- TVLine Items: Housewives Star Joins Good Witch, Chrisley Renewed & More
- Arrow Casts Vinnie Jones as 'Brick'
- More From TVLine
- Whoa! We're Giving Away a Gift Bag Worth Over $3K
- 5 Stars Who Started in Horror Movies
- Jake Gyllenhaal Runs Like a Coyote, Loses 30 Pounds for Nightcrawler!
- Mariah Carey Proves She Can Still Hit Those High Notes - and Clean House -- in Bizarre Video
- EXCLUSIVE: 'Selfie' Sneak Peek: Watch Eliza Hilariously Try (And Fail) at Babysitting!
- More From ET